Afternoon Chaps

I've been a frequent to the news section of Neowin for a few years now but felt that it was high time to join the conversation here in the forums. So here's a little about me:

I'm an undergraduate student in Wales, UK, studying Computer Graphics, Vision & Games, but moved swiftly towards web design. I take interest in Open Source software and the licensing behind it, as well as anything generally computer-related (I guess that's why I found Neowin so awesome!).

Anyway, I'll probably see you guys around.

I use both, actually.

I started using Photoshop 7 back in '06 (?) when GIMP wasn't brilliant. I moved up to CS3 for a while but due to mainly using Ubuntu on my laptop, I've moved to GIMP 2. It's definitely a step in a different direction so it has taken a little getting used to. Both are good, but in terms of preference, I'd rather use Photoshop; some of the effects just seem... crisper and more defined.

Hello and welcome to Neowin. :)

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I've already started to make a new home here!

No I didn't. It's part of an icon set from InterfaceLIFT. I got lazy and couldn't be bothered to make my own, but liked that one.

No I didn't. It's part of an icon set from InterfaceLIFT. I got lazy and couldn't be bothered to make my own, but liked that one.

easiest way to do it! ;)

• 3 weeks later...