Your [OSX] AppStore gems..?

Share your OSX AppStore gems, Apps you found through the store that you didn't existed, or didn't bother using until the AppStore, i still don't have many purchases and would like to sample more software, games and apps that can improve workflow.

My purchases:

Alfred - looked amazing and great reviews, i mainly grabbed this because it's free incase it ever became paid. I've not managed to integrate this into my workflow yet.

Ringer - previously had the demo and it was free on the AppStore so this was a must, creates ringtones for the iphone quick and easy.

Mixx - DJ software, also free so it had to be grabbed, the new DJay software looks much better but it's expensive.

others. twitter, soundcloud, angrybirds.

I'll think of others but as OP said Alfred is one of the best apps. Better than quicksilver off the bat and works seamlessly in the background.

Twitter - no further explanation needed. Free.

MPlayerX - mplayer with a Quicktime X-like GUI. Free.

TextWrangler - full-featured text editor. Free.

Linkinus - great IRC client. Payware.

Twitter - no further explanation needed. Free.

MPlayerX - mplayer with a Quicktime X-like GUI. Free.

TextWrangler - full-featured text editor. Free.

Linkinus - great IRC client. Payware.

Just downloaded MPlayerX, i think i prefer it more than VLC.

Has anyone used any of the zip/archive apps on there? i'd love something i could zip, unzip and browse (dont know if its possible on osx) archives.

all the below are free, i've from disks (not appstore) other apps like Omni*, iwork, aperture, etc:

alfred

dterm

the unarchiver

pdf converter free

mplayerx

iprocastinate

stuffit expander

evernote

trillian

kindle

caffeine

Skitch - $10 on app store and unlocks all the benefits of the subscription version with no additional cost

ColorWash - new, $1 this week

What do you guys think the best to-do app is?

The Hit List is awesome (http://www.potionfactory.com/thehitlist/) but it's been in beta for ages and while it's free now, I suppose they plan on charging for it later. I continue to use it and I export my data periodically just in case. I have no idea when they're going to end the beta but every few months another update is pushed to extend the life of the beta. Really solid product otherwise.

I really like Bowtie - it's a free skinnable remote control for iTunes. It has a built-in theme "store" (they're all free) and there are a lot of beautiful themes in there. I use one called Curl that makes it look like your desktop picture is curled up in the corner, showing the current playing track's cover art underneath.

warning about mplayerx, it's junk at streaming files over a network... like terrible. stutters like crazy rather it's a divx file or a hd 1080p file. I have no problems streaming content via VLC... i really like mplayerx but that's a deal breaker for me.

also bowtie is amazing. love pixelmator too.

Navicat for SQL Server Lite

Saves me having to fire up Windows to check our SQL Servers :)

The Hit List is awesome (http://www.potionfactory.com/thehitlist/) but it's been in beta for ages and while it's free now, I suppose they plan on charging for it later. I continue to use it and I export my data periodically just in case. I have no idea when they're going to end the beta but every few months another update is pushed to extend the life of the beta. Really solid product otherwise.

The final version is supposedly going to be released this month. A temporary entry even already appeared on the App Store for a very short period of time but was pulled again. :yes:

The final version is supposedly going to be released this month. A temporary entry even already appeared on the App Store for a very short period of time but was pulled again. :yes:

Interesting... I hope my MacHeist key is still going to be valid for the final release. I don't know if it's worth the cost that the developer has up there for the pre-order, but it's definitely worth considering if it's somewhere less than $20.

I know that Wunderlist is free, while Things is possibly one of the best paid ones, but lacking in cloud sync (which is being worked on).

iDentify

I've been converting all my DVDs to MP4 to store on my network for easy access and iDentify has become very valuable for the tagging and labeling of all the movies. I'm liking it better that MetaX.

I like TaskPaper. It's simple, saves in a text file format, and has iPhone and iPad apps. My todo items are kept in sync across all my various computers and devices.

Sometimes simple is best. You don't want to be managing your todo items. You want to be doing the todo items.

Damn thats awesome, but 15$ for an app like that is steep. I'll wait for it to go on sale.

I was thinking the same when I saw the price yesterday. They're nuts.

I was thinking the same when I saw the price yesterday. They're nuts.

While it is on the more expensive side, if you are interested in it, I would get it now. The $14.99 is supposed to be an introductory price from what I saw. Thanks for mentioning it thought, bought it the second I looked at it in the app store.

While it is on the more expensive side, if you are interested in it, I would get it now. The $14.99 is supposed to be an introductory price from what I saw. Thanks for mentioning it thought, bought it the second I looked at it in the app store.

LOL, no thanks. Not for that price. For the same money you can buy one of the iLife apps.