ASUS isn't the only company to introduce a new Windows 10 device this week. Acer has announced the TravelMate X3 series, a new family of Windows 10 notebooks which it says are "perfect for professionals and small businesses".
The first TravelMate device, the X349, promises up to 10 hours of battery life, with an 'all-aluminum chassis', and weighing 3.3 pounds (around 1.5kg) with a profile that's 18mm thick.
Exact specifications will vary between specific models, but its general specs include:
- 14-inch IPS LCD with Full HD (1920x1080px) resolution
- 6th generation ('Skylake') Intel Core processors
- DDR4 RAM and SSD storage
- 720p HDR webcam
- USB Type-C port
- Optional Acer USB Type-C Dock "to connect up to 4K displays, providing power and a variety of peripheral connections through a single cable"
- LED-backlit keyboard
The TravelMate X3 series also includes support for Windows Hello password-free biometric authentication. Unlike some devices like Microsoft's Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - which use facial recognition for Hello sign-ins - the TravelMate X3 supports Windows Hello via its integrated fingerprint scanner.
Like other devices that will ship with the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update onboard, the X3 family includes Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 support.
The TravelMate X349 will be available:
- in Europe, the Middle East and Africa from September, priced from €480
- in China from September, priced from ¥5,999
- in North America from October, priced from $649.99
Source: Windows Blogs