While March was a very busy month for the AMD driver team, having to push out multiple driver updates to keep up with the continuous stream of new game launches, up until now, there haven't been any new drivers for the month of April. Just before we cross into May, AMD has now pushed out the Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 driver.
Unlike most driver updates, this one isn't carrying any game optimizations, but it comes with initial support for the newly released Windows 10 April 2018 Update, meaning it may be especially wise for AMD graphics card owners who have updated their operating system to the new version to grab this driver.
As usual, there are some bugs that AMD has managed to squash with this release:
- Water textures may not render or may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
- Stellaris™ may experience an application hang on loading screens.
- Call of Duty™: World War II may experience corruption during gameplay on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.
- The Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature may fail to record in some gaming applications unless desktop recording is enabled.
- Sea of Thieves™ may experience flickering in some game menus on multi GPU enabled system configurations.
Here are the known issues:
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an application hang when launched using DirectX®12 API.
- World of Tanks™ may experience minor corruption on ground textures.
- Eyefinity settings may not retain after Radeon Software update.
- Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
- The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
- Destiny™2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
- Some DirectX®9 games or applications may experience a hang or system instability when being run on multi GPU system configurations utilizing four GPUs.
- Netflix™ playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 driver is available for download through the Radeon Settings interface, or via the links listed in the official release notes here.