Atom is a text editor that's modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file. Atom comes pre-installed with four UI and eight syntax themes in both dark and light colors. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also install themes created by the Atom community or create your own.
Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete. Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
Atom 1.43.0 notable changes:
- #20041 - Improve PHP syntax highlighting for ternary operator, ereg functions, and comments within closures.
- #20122 - Improve PHP syntax highlighting for functions returning references, return types.
- #20088 - Improve SCSS syntax highlighting, by recognizing '-' as part of a class selector in an @extend statement.
- #20099 - Fix find and replace crashes when a tab is not an editor.
- #19832 - Fix an issue that prevented directories created by git worktree from being recognized as git repositories.
- #20134 - Improve CSS syntax highlighting by supporting grid properties (e.g row-gap, place-items, place-self and place-content).
- #20142 - Improve CSS syntax highlighting by preventing deprecated CSS properties from being highlighted as errors.
- #20196 - Update legacy TextMate grammars to match microsoft/vscode@e6abf47.
- atom/github#2324: Removed the non-functional "jump to file" context menu option when viewing past commits.
- atom/github#2308: Explicitly display and choose the active git working directory in the Git and GitHub tabs.
- atom/github#2305: Fix a crash when viewing review comments on Windows.
- atom/github#2297: Avoid stalls due to data buffering by using TCP sockets instead of UNIX domain sockets for git dialog communications.
- atom/github#2222: Create and publish GitHub repositories with the github:create-repository and github:publish-repository commands.
- atom/github#2270: Copy the commit SHA and subject to the clipboard from the context menu on the mini-log.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware