Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities. Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
AviDemux 2.8.0 release notes:
- The part of video preceding the presentation time of the first frame is now excluded from created segment, making all videos appear as if they "start at zero".
- When saving video, the frame matching the B marker is now excluded from the exported range. Therefore, if the B marker is set to the last frame of the video, it needs to be reset to the full duration for the last frame to be included into the output.
- Loading Matroska files with HEVC video tracks takes longer as slice headers are decoded to detect the frame type.
New Video Filters
- Blur (on selected area)
- Color balance (adjust shadow, midtone and highlight)
- Chroma hold (monochrome effect with kept colors)
- Chroma key (replace "green screen" with an image)
- Deband (reduce banding artifacts)
- DelogoHQ (clean up arbitrary shaped logo)
- Dynamic threshold
- Fade from first image
- Fade in (combination of multiple effects)
- Fade out (combination of multiple effects)
- Fade through (combination of multiple effects)
- Fit to size (resize and pad to the specified size)
- Flip (vertically/horizontally flip the image)
- Grid (video wall effect)
- Image stabilizer (reduce camera shakiness)
- Luma stabilizer (reduce flickering)
- Quadrilateral transformation (four point transform)
- Wavelet denoiser
- Wavelet sharpener
- Zoom (partializable crop filter)
- HDR video can be converted to SDR with tone mapping using a variety of methods.
- FFV1 encoder is back (it was available in Avidemux 2.5.x).
- TrueHD audio tracks can be decoded and are supported for Matroska containers.
- Decoding support for WMA9 Lossless codec.
- Filter previews have got a unified method to quickly compare filtered and unfiltered inputs via the "Peek Original" button.
- Blend and motion interpolation options added to "Resample FPS" filter.
- Mark cut points (segment boundaries) on the navigation slider. New buttons and shortcuts are provided to jump to these cut points.
- In the Video Filter Manager, active filters can be temporarily disabled.
- Preference added to load sequentially named pictures in reverse order, allowing to reverse video by exporting selection as JPEG images and loading the first one.
- During playback navigation is possible via keys or by dragging the navigation slider.
- Other Enhancements
- "Resample FPS" and "Change FPS" filters can handle up to 1000 fps.
- "Crop" filter's preview has got a translucent green masking.
- "Crop" filter's Auto Crop function can achieve perfect crops (if the selected frame is not too dark).
- The maximum output resolution of the "Resize" filter has been increased to 8192x8192
- The "Resize" filter has got a nearest neighbour scaling option.
- Improved HiDPI scaling in previews.
- x264 video encoder plugin now allows to specify color properties.
- Maximized window state, widget visibility and toolbar position are preserved after application restart.
- Timestamps in format 00:00:00.000 like copied to clipboard by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C can be pasted into the "Go to Time" dialog using CTRL+V.
- PulseAudioSimple audio device has been replaced with full PulseAudio, making an in-application volume control available (Linux only).
- ALSA audio device plugin has been modified to use soft volume, providing application-specific volume control which works with every ALSA device.
- In the Video Filter Manager, navigation by keyboard has been enhanced.
- The VU meter ("Audio Metre") has been redesigned.
- Occasional UI unrepsonsiveness during playback should be fixed.
- Prevent navigation key events piling up.
- Thumb slider, displaced by mouse wheel, is now automatically reset if the end of video is reached, stopping Avidemux log file from filling disk space.
- Purple tint in old "Fade to" and "Fade to black" filters on macOS fixed.
- Green tint in "MPlayer eq2" filter is fixed.
- Bundled FFmpeg libraries have been updated to 4.4.1 release.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware