OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. It is the re-write of the widely used Open Broadcaster Software, to allow even more features and multi-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, Mixer, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
OBS Studio 26.1 new features and additions:
- Added Virtual Camera output on macOS [johnboiles/PatTheMav]
- Added Virtual Camera output on Linux (requires v4l2loopback-dkms) [catxfish/cg2121]
- Added the ability to use a separate audio track for the VOD when using Twitch [Jim]
- If using Simple output mode, enable "Enable Advanced Encoder Settings", and enable "Twitch VOD Track (Uses Track 2)". Twitch VOD output will then be on audio track 2
- If using Advanced output mode in the Streaming tab, enable "Twitch VOD Track" and select the track you'd like to use for it
- Special thanks to Twitch for assisting during the development of this feature
- Added OpenBSD support [grayed]
- Added the ability to ingest captions coming from Decklink devices via "Decklink Captions" from the Tools menu [DDRBoxman]
- Added hardware decoding options for stinger transitions [WizardCM]
- Added an option to duplicate filters in the right-click context menu of filters [exeldro]
- Added ability to copy and paste a single filter between sources [cg2121]
- Added HLS support and ingests for YouTube [ushadow]
- Added a Replay buffer save event to the frontend API [hgonomeg]
- Updated dependencies on Windows and macOS (such as x264 and Qt) to their latest versions for the latest performance improvements [Jim]
- On Linux, the program will now detect other instances that are currently running and warn the user about running more than one copies at a time [clockley]
- When creating a new profile, you will be now be given the option to run the auto-configuration wizard [JohannMG]
- Changed the “Enforce Streaming Service Bitrate” to “Ignore streaming service setting recommendations”, moved it to the Streaming section of the Settings window, and made it so it now affects both Simple and Advanced output modes. [Jim]
- Maximum limitations for streaming services are now shown in the Streaming section of the Settings window [Jim]
- Streaming services may now apply resolution and framerate limits on streams to their services [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where the "Save Replay" button would stay highlighted after being clicked [offthegrid-mike]
- Fixed a bug where the Media source would have unusual lag playing back certain media files (particularly WMV files) [Jim]
- Fixed an issue where Facebook streaming would allow you to select resolutions/framerates that aren't supported [Jim]
- Fixed certain connection issues with SRT/mpegts [pkviet]
- Fixed a bug where you could disable the Replay Buffer even if it was currently active [Scrxtchy]
- Fixed a bug where renaming a source would not return keyboard/mouse focus back to the list [jberenhaus]
- Fixed an issue where ‘Paste Filters’ on sources didn't work in all situations [WizardCM]
- Fixed an issue where Virtual Camera & Source Toolbar hotkeys would be duplicated when switching profiles [WizardCM]
- Fixed an issue with removing signal handlers in Lua [Scrxtchy]
- Fixed a potential hang when repeatedly selecting and deselecting display capture sources on Windows [exeldro]
- Fixed an issue where the replay buffer could use settings from CQP mode in CBR mode [R1CH]
- Fixed an issue where certain recordings could not be remuxed (typically from the QSV encoder) [R1CH]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware