Ookla's Speedtest service is one of the most popular tools in the world for people to easily test the speed of their internet connections, along with additional features such as ping tests and packet loss statistics. Many users access the tool via its website at Speedtest.net, but the company also offers it as an app across multiple platforms.
Speedtest has been available as a Universal Windows Platform app in the Windows Store for some time, but Ookla has now updated the app with support for Windows 10 Mobile handsets.
The store listing for the app summarizes its key features:
- Get your ping, download, and upload speeds within seconds
- Real-time graphs show connection consistency
- Troubleshoot or verify the speed you were promised
- Track prior tests with detailed reporting
- Easily share your results
In addition to Windows 10 Mobile devices, the app is also available for Windows 10 PCs, Microsoft's HoloLens headset, and Windows 10 Team, the specialized version of the OS that runs on the Surface Hub.
Source: Ookla Speedtest (Windows Store) via Windows Latest
21 Comments - Add comment