PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 6.6.0 changelog:
Updated to 7z 18.05
- patches CVE-2018-10115 vulnerability
- patches bug on some Windows 10 versions working incorrectly with Large memory pages
- improves performances
- Added new fast function for hinting possible duplicates
- Possible duplicates shows exactly same size, and same CRC32 calculated on sample(s) of file's data
- For files up to 64 KB data it is sampled a 32 KB region at the beginning of the file
- For files larger than 64 KB a second 32KB region is sampled after the half of the file
- Added option to reset search history in search menu
- Various fixes and improvements
Extraction and Archiving
- New option "Try to edit non explicitly supported file types" in Options > Settings > Archive manager off by default in order to protect from modification files outside known supported extensions if on, allows to try to add/update and remove files form files not usually employed as archives, but structurally based on archive types such as Java jar, MS Office and OOo files, etc
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware