PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 200+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 8.1.0 release notes:
- PeaZip 8.1.0 is focused on tuning performances, opening large archives faster and using less RAM - sample archive containing 256K items opens 4x faster with -35% RAM usage.
- Archive conversion procedure is improved, new user-provided themes are available, and on Windows systems Extract32 own utility can be set as alternative extractor for CAB files.
- Backend were updated to Pea 1.02, Zstd 1.50, Tino Reichardt's 7Z codecs 1.5.0r1 (Windows), and szcnick p7zip 17.04 (Linux) which supports Brotli, Lizard, and LZ5 as the Windows counterpart.
- Windows installer can now accept language as command line parameter.
- A total of 220 file extensions are now supported by PeaZip, with addition of .whl (Python) and .gem (Ruby) container formats.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware