PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 200+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 8.5.0 release notes:
- PeaZip 8.5.0 release improves the packages for macOS platform, with macOS-style keyboard shortcuts, integration with macOS context menu, full support to "move to trash" deletion (both from file manager, and after compression / extraction operations), and support for Brotli, Zpaq, and Zstandard backends. macOS system integration is fully scriptable through Automator .workflow scripts, see sample service menus in (peazip)/res/share/batch folder.
- File manager was improved, and now allows more alternative styles (large list and large details) on Linux.
- It is now possible to optionally integrate PeaZip in Windows 11 mini-context menu from .reg scripts in (peazip)/res/share/batch folder.
- This release improves scripting, usage of layouts (files defining advanced inclusion and exclusion filters, and optionally input list), and updates compression settings.
- Updated backends: 7z 21.07, Pea 1.06, and Zstd 1.5.2.
Full list of changes and fixes is available at https://peazip.github.io/changelog.html
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware