Vopt lets you quickly defrag and pack your disk drives to maintain optimal performance and reliability. Vopt's speed makes daily defragging both practical and desirable. Vopt also provides tools to assist you in maintaining your system, reclaiming wasted disk space, and protecting your privacy.
Vopt is one of the oldest defragmentation products, and has supported MS-DOS and all versions of Microsoft Windows. Golden Bow Systems changed the license of Vopt from shareware to freeware. The creator, Howard Barry Emerson (who had sadly passed away) had generously made the full version of Vopt available free-of-charge.
- Defrag drive (tighter packing) - Performs extra work to reduce the number of small gaps left after defragmenting.
- Quick defrag (VSS compatible) - Files larger than 64 MB are not defragmented, and file packing is minimal.
- Batch defrag - Defragments the multiple drives you select, and turns off the system afterward if you like.
- Defrag pagefile - Defragments the pagefile.
- Exclusions - Lets you exclude files from being moved.
- Schedule - Lets you schedule automatic defragging.
Check disk for errors - Provides a more informative access to Window's drive checking facility.
Drive failure prediction - Checks the drives' hardware status to ensure that they are in good working order.
Drive performance - Provides a realistic measurement of actual drive throughput.
- Maximum partition size: 16 TB (terabytes) for volumes formatted with a normal 4096 byte cluster size. Larger cluster sizes will increase capacity; smaller cluster sizes will decrease capacity (e.g. 2 TB maximum for a 512 byte cluster size).
- NAS (Network Attached Storage) drives cannot be defragmented, and are not displayed in Vopt's drive list.
Download: Vopt for Windows 7 - 10, Vista, XP, Servers 2003 - 2012 | License Key | 3.5 MB (Freeware)
View: Vopt Home Page