Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 6.19.1 changelog:
- HTML Input: Restrict adding of resources like images to only files within the folder hierarchy starting at the parent folder of the root HTML file Can be controlled by customizing the HTML to Zip plugin in Preferences->Plugins or the --allow-local-files-outside-root option to the ebook-convert command
- PDF Output: Fix regression in previous release causing non-English entries to be incorrectly encoded into the PDF bookmarks
- PDF Output: Fix regression in previous release that caused blank pages when generating headers or footers
- Book list: Fix editing-in-place not pre-selecting existing text for some column types
- Amazon.de metadata download: Update for site changes
- PDF Output: Set /Creator and /Producer in /Info
- Fix row height incorrect in Manage category dialog when blank
- 6.19.1 fixes a bug in 6.19.0 that broke the edit metadata dialog
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware