The Mullvad Browser is a privacy-focused web browser developed in a collaboration between Mullvad VPN and the Tor Project. It’s designed to minimize tracking and fingerprinting. You could say it’s a Tor Browser to use without the Tor Network. Instead, you can use it with a trustworthy VPN. The idea is to provide one more alternative – beside the Tor Network – to browse the internet with more privacy. To get as many people as possible to fight the big data gathering of today. To free the internet from mass surveillance.
The Mullvad browser is free of charge, open source, and can be used without Mullvad VPN (although the combination is recommended). It is supported across platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Privacy quality of the Tor Browser. To use with a VPN - Using a VPN is not enough to achieve perfect privacy online. There’s simply too much data being extracted through most browsers. The Mullvad Browser is a web browser with the privacy quality of the Tor Browser, to be used with a trustworthy VPN.
- Strong anti-fingerprinting from the Tor Project - The Tor Project has a proven track record of building a privacy-focused browser. The Mullvad Browser has the same fingerprinting protection as the Tor Browser – it just connects to the internet with (or without) a VPN instead of the Tor Network.
- No telemetry - Telemetry is unique data being collected by the browser to improve its performance. We don’t believe in collecting data about our users. So, with the Mullvad Browser we have removed all telemetry.
- Privacy first - Mullvad VPN has a proven record of putting privacy first. With no strange business models or short-term venture capitalist owners. The Tor Project is a non-profit organization fighting for human rights.
Mullvad Browser 12.5.2 changelog:
Updated NoScript to 11.4.26
Updated uBlock Origin to 1.51.0
Updated Firefox to 102.14.0esr
Bug 217: Rebase Mullvad Browser 12.5 stable on top of 102.14esr
Build System - All Platforms
- Bug 40889: Add mullvad sha256sums URL to tools/signing/download-unsigned-sha256sums-gpg-signatures-from-people-tpo [tor-browser-build]
- Bug 40894: Fix format of keyring/boklm.gpg [tor-browser-build]
- Bug 40909: Add dan_b and ma1 to list of taggers in relevant projects
- Bug 31546: Create and expose PDB files for Tor Browser debugging on Windows [tor-browser-build]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware