Spanking your kids is a Felony

Well, from the article, we don't have any idea exactly how long after the fact we are talking about, was it 10 minutes or 10 hours later?? We simply don't know. My sons have very pale complexion, and I can tell you that sometimes even a light spanking will still be visible on their bottoms for 20 or 30 minutes after the fact.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that. My 2 year old is certainly intelligent enough to learn from a spanking. I think you give 2 year olds far too little credit.

Probably coming from someone who doesn't have kids and thinks hes the know it all on child dicipline.

Probably coming from someone who doesn't have kids and thinks hes the know it all on child dicipline.

A two year old has an extremely limited timeframe in which they can connect the cause and the effect. You would have to be there to enact the punishment almost immediately. In which case, you might as well just be the mamma bear and paw your cub out of danger/trouble before it happens.

Kids that young just don't form memories the same way that older kids do. That is why we don't tend to remember things that happened to us when we were that little (except for perhaps a very traumatic experience and even then it's probably because the event was re-lived to you as an older child).

Yeah, I remember crawling through a basement window to be with a girl who had very controlling parents. Needless to say, she wasn't allowed to have boys over. Great strategy there, eh?

Yea... my ex was allowed to have boys over, but the door had to stay open, and obviously, there wasn't supposed to be any funny business... needless to say, that's not how it worked.