Superman: Man of Steel (2013)

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the second trailer yesterday. I must admit I generally hate Superman. But this trailer sold the movie. It looks marvelous.

Am I the only one who feels they combined a little of Shazam's childhood with Supe's in this movie?

• 1 month later...

^Who did not expect that to happen to be honest :p Batman was even spying on them when they both when to Clark's home in Smallville.

Why did they change Jimmy Olsen into a Jenny Olsen? They've probably got rid of his comic relief than as well.

I thought Jimmy was going to in this one, my bad. I didn't read Action Comics then though.

I'm much more interested in Jenny than Jimmy as characters, it adds something new to the mix just like having superman and wonder woman get together in the new 52 instead of Lois again. Though I think half the reason they did the WW thing was to try and boost her exposure and maybe work it up to a movie etc.

He'll if she showed up in the next superman movie, not this one but a 2015 or whatever, I wouldn't be surprised.

She's close to getting a CW series (Amazon), albeit as a young Diana just starting her path, and she's probably a lock for the Nolan Justice League film. The ones I'm really hoping to see in it are J'on J'onzz and John Stewart. That would be epic :)

Putting those in would be pretty cool. Hopefully they'll use a suit for the Green Lantern that's more like the comicbook version.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be a spoiler so tagged about an appearance in the film!

"Lots of people have been wondering if LEX LUTHOR was going to be in MAN OF STEEL.

The answer is apparently a very loud YES. Not only that the tone that Nolan/Goyer/Snyder are going for with the character is not the silly goofy Hackman Luthor... But an ambitious, ego driven and cold version of Luthor."

Yes he does, and the lack of that tone is IMO what drives the antipathy towards his appearance earlier. I'm hoping for the version in the Superman animated series as a minimum, but more malevolent is preferable.

i always want to know,

in this age where government will spray drones everywhere - anywhere, to spies on its own citizen,

how superman able to keep his identity a secret?