Superman: Man of Steel (2013)

during his 'flight' why superman put his hands/arms toward front?

compared to 'flight' in DragonBall, Goku and others put theirs toward back, which is better for AeroDynamic sense.

compared to 'flight' in DragonBall, Goku and others put theirs toward back, which is better for AeroDynamic sense.

You mean like at the end of

? He puts his arms forward at the end when he shoots away, but is flying with his arms down as you're describing.

No, it doesn't. Think of his arms the same as you would the nose spike seen on some aircraft and ICBM's, the Trident for one.

With his arms back his blunt head goes first, creating a bow shock wave that is close to the air layer around his body. Not good - the turbulance causes a high drag configuration.

With his arms extended, especially if they're close together, they act as a nose spike, moving the bow shock wave far to the front. As it spreads it's further and further from the air layer around his body. A low drag configuration.

mos-header-ost.jpg

http://superherohype.com/news/articles/176485-zack-snyder-talks-henry-cavill-as-the-man-of-steel

Zack Snyder Talks Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel

Not everyone can step into the shoes of an iconic role like Superman. Something about the character is only very believable when a certain look and feel is present. Luckily for all of us, it would appear Man of Steel star Henry Cavill has it. Zack Snyder spoke with SFX Magazine about the upcoming reboot and Cavill's portrayal.

"God, he's so Supermanish it's crazy! There was a telling moment ? we put him in the Christopher Reeve costume, because we didn't have a suit yet, we just had the old spandex suit. He stepped out of the trailer and no one laughed. It's the difference between being Superman and dressing up like Superman. If I'm dressed up like Superman it's like a Halloween costume. If you're Henry it's your clothes. It's awesome. Watch the movie and you're like 'Holy $!@#, that's Superman.' And it's not weird or crazy, it's just cool."

Not only has the look of Superman been updated for the film, but his abilities have been given a jumpstart too, specifically flying.

"It's a more violent experience. It's raw. It takes effort to do it, and that's what we were really going for. It's almost like there's this kind of Right Stuff quality to it. He's constantly booming around, accelerating. You think he's going as fast as he can and then it's like 'Yeeaahh!' He's always got an extra gear he can use."

The film's representation of Krypton also appears to be a new take on the doomed planet. Snyder had many specific ideas in mind for Superman's home world.

"I really wanted my Krypton to be this kind of special place that?s immersive and totally different from Earth, but not unbelievable. And ancient. I really wanted to give this ancient feeling to Krypton. I love technology that's rusty because it's so old. It's so advanced, but it's so old. That was the kind of world that I tried to create. A dying world that?s ancient and torn apart."

Loving that picture Rappy. So it's now my facebook cover photo :p

While waiting for Iron Man 3 to start, Had the chance to see the brand new 3rd trailer of Man of Steel and wow i was pretty much blown away on it!! Looks even better now. CGI does look somewhat you know... not up to par with other films.

Loving that picture Rappy. So it's now my facebook cover photo :p

While waiting for Iron Man 3 to start, Had the chance to see the brand new 3rd trailer of Man of Steel and wow i was pretty much blown away on it!! Looks even better now. CGI does look somewhat you know... not up to par with other films.

What about the CGI did you think was not as good as others films?

Just asking because to my eyes it looks very good.

I'll wait until I see it but I think I'm really going to miss the geeky Clark Kent at the Daily Planet from the original films.

I'll wait until I see it but I think I'm really going to miss the geeky Clark Kent at the Daily Planet from the original films.

Yep. Same here.

I haven't been following up until I saw the preview during IronMan3, man I'm stoked about this movie. Heard about it during the Smallville years, but glad its coming out. Is Lex in this movie and who is playing him?

I haven't been following up until I saw the preview during IronMan3, man I'm stoked about this movie. Heard about it during the Smallville years, but glad its coming out. Is Lex in this movie and who is playing him?

Lex Luthor isn't listed in the cast at IMDB, but that could be smoke or he could appear post-credits Marvel-style for a later DC film / sequel.