Windows 8 - intuitive or not?

win8 intuitive

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#166 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 August 2012 - 17:56

Thats taxing my memory! Pretty sure it was fixed a while before sp1.

#167 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

Posted 07 August 2012 - 18:11

Name what in Windows 8 requires only touch that I cannot do with my mouse?

windows 3x and 95 still has the same basic user experience. Same type of UI. menu bars, etc. including the mouse being the main navigational tool.

Windows 8 has none of that and requires touch mostly, or a keyboard for shortcut keys. totally different.
So to keep passing off the complaints over windows 8 to being the same as the ones made over windows 95, xp, vista, 7, is just silly, because all those UIs were pretty much the same type of experience.

The UI is what it is today for a reason. Wasn't just some magical bunny that popped outta no where. It evolved to what it is by going through all these tests in the past, and what we ended up with is what worked and still does work best.

Metro might be great for touch, no one is denying that, but not on the desktop, and getting rid of what's already proven to work perfectly, and replacing it with something that simply does not, is just silly. and wrong,

Microsoft should've left the tradition desktop UI alone, and made a separate OS/UI for mobile/touch devices.