Photo

[Poll] Sex Before Marriage -> With that person

poll sexy time

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you get married without having sex with that person?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you get married without having sex with that person?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:56

So would you get married to a man or woman without having sex with them first? I couldn't do it. I wouldn't want any surprises on my honeymoon, plus I feel that sex is an important part of a relationship.

Remember, I am not saying being a virgin until marriage, I am talking about that relationship (the one that leads to marriage) only.

#2 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,133 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:59

So would you get married to a man or woman without having sex with them first? I couldn't do it. I wouldn't want any surprises on my honeymoon, plus I feel that sex is an important part of a relationship.

Remember, I am not saying being a virgin until marriage, I am talking about that relationship (the one that leads to marriage) only.

Dont really care either way. If a person is honest with you, they will let you know and any surprises ahead of time. And if you are truly in love what that person, then looks will not be as important as you think. Sex is important in a relationship, but many put to much importance on it and to much importance on looks as well. Why there are way to many divorces these days...well, one of the reasons anyway.

#3 revparadigm

revparadigm

Neowinian

• 79 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:01

Well that sex before [or cheating while] marriage thing sure doesn't seem to be working out so good now. Divorce rates, unwanted pregnancies, STDs...yet the vast majority frown upon the idea of waiting. I don't personally.

#4 morebaker

morebaker

Neowinian

• 1,021 posts
  • Phone: nexus 5

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:05

Sex is a big part of any relationshit
You have to test drive or it could be frustrating.
apolgize for that but i am in the middle of getting sepperated/divorced.

#5 HellboundIRL

HellboundIRL

Neowinian

• 810 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:05

The choice itself wouldn't bother me but the reasons behind it might, and would probably determine whether I'd truly be compatible with that person or not.

I don't see any reason to wait for it, missing out on some good times.

#6 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,647 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 635 / iPhone 4

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:09

nope. what if she's a dead ****, meaning she just lies there and takes it?

would you buy a car without test driving it?

#7 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• 6,323 posts
  • OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:13

i picked i dont know. if the connection was there mentally/emotionaly then yea i wouldn't have a problem, but on same token, if that connection wasn't there i wouldn't be marrying them in the first place

#8 Ently

Ently

Neowinian Senior

• 1,831 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:14

If sex is going to be apart of your relationship you should definitely try it before something as permanent (well sort of :p) as marriage.

Sex is a piece of the relationship pie so while it can't be the whole thing it also can't be ignored.

Edit: Oh yeah and as long as you wrap it in a rubber you should stop the unwanted pregnancy thing/STD's ... that usually happens when people don't use contraception. So THAT is not really a problem in my opinion...

#9 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,312 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:59

Yes, I would. Sex is part of a relationship, sure. But it's not the primary reason why I would marry a person.

What good is a woman who's good in bed when her IQ and personality equal those of a slice of toast?

#10 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:13

This is a great question.

Right now, I'm under the impression that I would; however, my view on this could change overtime. Like firey, I believe that sex is an important part of a relationship, when it is actually involved. But I also believe that if I was in love with the girl, I wouldn't care about a lack of sex leading up to marriage, and I wouldn't mind if there were any nasty surprises when it finally came down to sex (if that happened, I probably just wouldn't want to have sex with her again :D).

I don't like the idea of having a relationship in which no sex is involved, but that is my present outlook. Perhaps I'd feel differently if I experienced it :)

#11 Dc'1

Dc'1

Ooush

• 2,092 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 800

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:14

I chose no, although I probably could/would wait if she was the perfect person, but I don't think it would be a particularly good thing, I imagine it could lead to people looking towards other people to satisfy their needs.

#12 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,077 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:20

Anyone who claims that sex isn't important is talking out of their ass! Sorry but if two people are to have a relationship, then physical intimacy is a major part of it. And it's wholly possibly for 2 people to be totally sexually incompatible. I am getting divorced at the minute, and one of the reasons is because my wife and I are just not compatible in that way.

Sex is one of the factors that make the whole. Looks, how you get on, compatibility, sex, all are equal. You shouldn't ever ignore any one area. And why should sex be this one area we decide to save until it's "too late" to learn differently?

#13 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,482 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:23

Of course I wouldn't marry someone without having sex first. Imagine being stuck to a person only to find out the sex is terrible. Thanks but no thanks.

#14 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,659 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:26

Of course sex before marriage, you only don't have sex before marriage if your hook line and sinker into a stupid religeon?

I'm sure most divorces are bcause people don't have sex before marriage then find out there usleless/sterile when making love

#15 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 2,978 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:35

That is a complicated question when it comes to India.

Here, most marriages are arranged. So the would be husband and wife have little to no time in getting involved in a romance and to have sex before marriage. Being sexually compatible is pure pot luck here :(

Discussing sexual incompatibilities is not most couples are comfortable with. Hence they bury the problem. I am sure this applies to many other countries as well.