Installation: Globally no problem. However, I had some issues while installing languages, as the download of a language could not be completed: I had to re-install Windows 8 to solve this problem. Luckily it was at the begin of installation, so the reinstallation was not a problem.
Speed: Quick startup, quick shutdown. Excellent. Execution of programs are a little faster than Windows 7 so it is positive as well.
Features: Bad. Why?
1) No way to avoid the RT display - I want to go directly to the desktop, why not add an option to choose the environment when starting Windows? It is as if Linux were in front of the desktop!
2) The big squared unicolored icons are absolutely UGLY. I removed them all as I can't see them. And I believe this to be the 1st reason of lack of success for Win8 as it is VISUAL. Do you buy an ugly car, even if it is a good one? No, of course, you are looking for an alternative because the eye wants something as well. Dito for an operating system.
3) Impossible to put the squares as we want to have them organized. There are always 2 extra squares before we can put one under them!
4) Where the hell is the START button?? It is very hard to work without it! As hard as if there were no icons on the screen!
5) Glad that the windows are again opaque (I dislike the Aero feature). But at some places, Aero transparency is still visible, for example on the taskbar!! Forgotten? How is that possible!?
6) Scrollbars and titles are now almost invisible as there is almost no contrast anymore. Where is the time of Windows 2000, when the visual aspect was really EXCELLENT...???
7) And finally, how can we accept this very UN
professional look that you can see on the picture below? Are the menus redesigned by a child? (because they are outbound from the window!)
Thank you for reading. I am not angry, but disappointed. Some of you as well. Evolution is not always a revolution.