things slowing way down again this morning

The site is quite slow for quite a while now, days... Slow to load the forum, slow to post a comment, slow at everything. It used to be snappy, now it's a pain.

I have time to open new tab and surf somewhere else before Neowin gets to where I want....

EDIT : Saving this message took 21 sec...

working pretty well here! (took about 10 seconds to post)

edit 1: took a whopping 2 seconds.

Happened this morning as well (DB errors)

Seems to me like you guys have a issue with your DBs....

Also where can we see updates off the site? You could leave Neowin's Twitter and Facebook feed so we can follow updates on the site's condition somewhere else, Neobond :)

This has been getting worse for me the last few weeks.

I've had 2 times just this week that i've had DB errors too... I guess the servers need an upgrade? ;)

So stop posting. :p

You need to look in the mirror too! :p

The site has slowed right down. 3/5 times after I post, I see that the post went through via the mini spy, the page doesn't even refresh. Sometimes it takes 10-20 seconds to load a page. I checked my internet and the speed is reporting normal.. so it's definitely site related.

same here, however i'm new and just assumed this site was hosted in a 3rd world country or something and always like this.

You assumed that a "tech" forum with 90% US citizens would be hosted in a "3rd world" country, why?

You assumed that a "tech" forum with 90% US citizens would be hosted in a "3rd world" country, why?

let me help you out here. Feel free to take your pick

joke (johk) noun, verb, joked, jok?ing.

3. A matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke.

sar?casm? ?[sahr-kaz-uhm] noun

2. A sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cultting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

or

a_e5387ce1.jpg

Not wanting to be smart about it or anything, but seriously, it was a pretty simple post. I guess you don't get the satire of someone mentioning 3rd world country to be associated to something that might be "behind the times", "slow" or whatever

The site has slowed right down. 3/5 times after I post, I see that the post went through via the mini spy, the page doesn't even refresh. Sometimes it takes 10-20 seconds to load a page. I checked my internet and the speed is reporting normal.. so it's definitely site related.

Been like this for at least the last two months, it's not rare for me to make a post and then go to another tab while waiting for the site to reload

Been like this for at least the last two months, it's not rare for me to make a post and then go to another tab while waiting for the site to reload

I get periods where it's like that, but this is the worst I've seen in a while.