A final good bye to Windows

Linux distributions are horrible and ugly. gnome,kde, whatever, its hideous, with its round ugly fonts, bad color schemes, amateurish looking icons and window controls. the funniest part about using Linux was seeing all this "open source" software, which is software that tries to emulate and clone successful proprietary commercial software,but fails pretty hard. I remember trying to use some office alternative,i think open office. it was java based if I remember, and it took forever to load. it was software gone horribly wrong. Linux people were raving about it, but it was a complete joke. that's when I shut that crap off and burned the disc,like with fire.

everybody and their mother has a Linux distribution,with its own frameworks and libraries. its a big mess. I think these Linux people are oblivious to all this.

And they have a nerve to say anything about windows 8?

dont these guys remember when asus began selling the eeepc with Linux? everybody returned them,and the oems begged Microsoft to continue supporting xp so they can use it to sell their netbooks. Nobody wants anything to do with Linux.

DELL BUSINESS NO ONE???

Desktops;

http://www.dell.com/...o1&l=en&s=soho#

Laptops:

http://www.dell.com/...n&s=soho&~ck=mn

You do also realize that you can "SKIN" Linux to look any way you like it instead of using the standard one.

In fact I came across a laptop that had what looked just like Windows Vista on it but instead found out it was Fedora

I don't know about you but - Open Office for me has never been slow- click count to three and it is open-

-You also realize that Linux unlike Windows now comes with DKMS which solves that problem of frameworks and libraries for you without intervention.

Windows will just give you a BSD or cause a reboot.

Now I use both mind you-

And I showed my Parents - Windows 8

their reaction was:

Can I change that Awful color scheme and get rid of those silly looking icons?

Now these same people Love XP and 7.

And when they tried it-- they had a hard time getting the search to pop up.

The person who started this thread was probably hoping people would help him to decide the real reasons to keep Windows and other avenues to fix it.

Or Why oh Why hath no one suggested to him--

WHY NOT DUAL BOOT???

Until he can find a fix the issue on Windows.

I'm an OS X user, however the experience you described with Windows is not normal.

If you had a workable computer, then your experience would be much better. Chances are that your next operating system will also encounter issues as well.

Lucky you. I got AMD CPU this year and the system was behaving a bit funny. Cant explain, but random mouse stuttering, lag while opening windows. Not always but every 10-15 min or so. Maybe it was driver problem but whether its hardware or software, a problem is a problem. Ended up returning CPU and Motherboard and went Intel way. Now everything is working as it should.

That sucks. Probably a bad mobo or RAM.

My system is pretty old:

Athlon II X2 255 (3.1GHz) and MSI board.

Has worked like a charm with Win 7 and Win 8.

My laptop is also an old HP with Turion TL (something) processor. Likewise.

I'd have to suggest to the OP, that if he believes there is an issue with his hardware - perhaps down the line if it ever occurs on Fedora - that he would please start a new thread in Hardware Hangout describing the issues he's experiencing.

I appreciate that some of you folks are trying to be helpful, but this thread is attracting trolls and problems given the nature of the first post.

[Thread closed]