Welcome screen loop

win8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lucorock

lucorock

Neowinian

Posted 11 November 2012 - 14:01

Hi, i'm having a funny problem with W8. All of a sudden, it started to update, don't know why because i have disable automatic updates. When it restarted, took me to the welcome screen, which i also disabled. There i put my password, W8 accepts it, but inmediately it signs out and come back to the welcome screen over and over, can't go any further. Accesibility and shutdown buttons are disabled there, can't use them. Any idea? P.S. I'm on the road, so i didn't bring with me W8 dvd :s

#2 shockz

shockz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 11 November 2012 - 14:07

Do you have system restore enabled? Try booting to the repair options and rollback to before the update was applied.

#3 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 11 November 2012 - 14:17

Why disable updates? With a new OS you really need to update every single one of them

#4 Chester0

Chester0

Neowinian

Posted 11 November 2012 - 15:05

safe mode?

#5 OP lucorock

lucorock

Neowinian

Posted 11 November 2012 - 15:26

Can't go into safe mode because for what i read it needs to be enabled in windows. F8 or shift + F8 didn't work. I didn`t disable automatic updates, i disabled automatic download and install, i install them manually so i can do it when i'm not using it. I'll come back tomorrow so i'll try restoring windows with the dvd. Thanks.