Jump to content
Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:50
Posted 09 December 2012 - 21:03
Posted 09 December 2012 - 21:53
Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:28
Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:46
"Maybe it's time for a reformat?"
So you have had the OS installed what 3 minutes, guess its time for a format
Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11
Thanx for the blatantly uneeded, not to mention, unwanted, sarcasm. If you have nothing informative to add, you can just walk away. Thank you.
Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:23
This may sound crazy-- but I found another board that suggested these fixes.
Call up "services.msc" look for the ones dealing with the Windows Installer then stop the service as well as the WMI 's.
The WMI it suggested stopping and starting it.
It was also suggested to look for the c:\windows\prefetch then delete all that is in there and reboot-- "this may take some time for it to restart" (some may say this does nothing , but two people said it helped the process stop quicker after first install)
Those suggestions - I saw say fix 1/3-1/2 of the issues you described.
Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:45
Thanx redvamp. Will try that.
Ok did the above. So far only wmiprvse has started up. Will see what happens and report back.
Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:01
One of the fixes said probably -- the installer itself never gave the successful termination and therefore keeps running... By stopping the service it won't start again until you install something. That will probably give a successful termination.
The Wmipvse - the suggestion of that restarting was that it would try again to finish successfully.
Other than doing a defragmentation (unless you have an SSD) I have not found much on the rest of the services.
Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:55
I'm not sure when this actually started. But I'm thinking it was when I installed the Win8 app for The WB. So should I maybe try and uninstall that app and see what happens if the problem reoccurs?
Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:59
Well if the application works-- I would not mess with it-- it is possible and is a common error with bad coded applications.... they don't tell the installer they are done and usually does not get cleared out until the next thing that is installed or a reboot.
Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:14
Well, the app works for the most part. But when I try and watch a full episode of something, it actually takes over a minute for it to load the show and then stutters like Hell. So I haven't really used it.
Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:28
I would probably look for some program options-- sometimes they have things like pre-loading or flash storage (if flash) usually through the right click. Either that or disk space usage.. sometimes if flash based you could go for the quality and set that to medium. In some cases that takes the skipping out.
Posted 12 December 2012 - 17:48