They're honest, but that's still a bad excuse. They could have developed the PC version and then port it to consoles, but they didn't do it and just downgraded all the versions because of lazy development.

And don't tell me that "not all have the PCs with the power to run the game at the detail levels of the old demos" ######. That's why the PC games got graphical quality presets. If you can't run the game on ultra with all the effects cranked up, just lower it to medium.

At this point they should stop calling it ultra setting. There's nothing ultra about it. The ultra setting is just not there and the options should be low, medium and high.

Im still up in the air with buying this or Dragon Age: Inquisition. Haven't played either series yet.

I'd go for the Withcer! I think it's much better game. I quite DA:I after a week!

Well, the downgrades because of the consoles are definitely real and CDPR is digging itself into a hole right now with comparison videos being pulled. For shame, for shame.

Well, the downgrades because of the consoles are definitely real and CDPR is digging itself into a hole right now with comparison videos being pulled. For shame, for shame.

Does Sony or Microsoft ever extort developers for feature parity? EDIT: Or just does this just scream CDPR being a console-first operation?
  • Like 1

Anyone knows if the price on GOG is in USD or CDN for Canada?

The price for Witcher 3 on GOG is 42.29 and the curency is unkown while on Steam it is 47.99 CDN. If the price on GOG is in Canadian $ then it's cheaper than on Steam but if it is USD i think it will be more expensive which is strange cause GOG and Witcher are owned by the same company.

Anyone knows if the price on GOG is in USD or CDN for Canada?

The price for Witcher 3 on GOG is 42.29 and the curency is unkown while on Steam it is 47.99 CDN. If the price on GOG is in Canadian $ then it's cheaper than on Steam but if it is USD i think it will be more expensive which is strange cause GOG and Witcher are owned by the same company.

GOG.com uses US currency:

WkAw0Ny.png

Yeah, but the price changes from 53.99 usd to 42.29 (I only assume cad) if you use a Canadian proxy

edit: Never mind. Still USD, no matter the country you visit from. Best price I saw was using an Ukrainian proxy.

Yeah, but the price changes from 53.99 usd to 42.29 (I only assume cad) if you use a Canadian proxy

I live in Toronto and it shows up as $42.29 USD for me. Even in PayPal, it shows up as $42.29 USD.

I live in Toronto and it shows up as $42.29 USD for me. Even in PayPal, it shows up as $42.29 USD.

It's less expensive on Steam because of the loyalty thing.

Someone sent me a link to redeem my witcher 1 and 2 steam copy on gog to make it around the same price.

It's less expensive on Steam because of the loyalty thing.

Someone sent me a link to redeem my witcher 1 and 2 steam copy on gog to make it around the same price.

i bought it 6 month ago and paid $53.99 US.  even though the exchange rate raised, it is still a huge difference in price.

i am not sure i feel all that appreciated for supporting it early on... :rolleyes:

usually you expect a discount for fronting the money earlier, not a last minute sale that makes it cheaper to wait till release date.

i was almost tempted to get a full refund, and then go buy it on steam or something. but i decided that i don't care enough, and i did want to support them, so whatever.

still a shame i paid more in advance then the current pricing.  like 27% more then it costs now!

i bought it 6 month ago and paid $53.99 US.  even though the exchange rate raised, it is still a huge difference in price.

i am not sure i feel all that appreciated for supporting it early on... :rolleyes:

usually you expect a discount for fronting the money earlier, not a last minute sale that makes it cheaper to wait till release date.

Hum the royalty thing has been available for a long time. If you own TW1 and TW 2 the 3rd game has been 47 CDN on steam for as long as i can remember ...

Hum the royalty thing has been available for a long time. If you own TW1 and TW 2 the 3rd game has been 47 CDN on steam for as long as i can remember ...

i try not to buy on steam if the game is available on GOG drm free, and i don't own or ever played witcher 1.

(only watched youtube to see about it).  witcher 2 i played at my friends place, as his PC was the best possible computer to play it on, while my pc was so-so

so i never paid for it either.

so technically this is the first witcher game i bought.  this is why i don't mind too much. i feel it covers me for witcher 2+3 at the same time ;)

i try not to buy on steam if the game is available on GOG drm free, and i don't own or ever played witcher 1.

(only watched youtube to see about it).  witcher 2 i played at my friends place, as his PC was the best possible computer to play it on, while my pc was so-so

so i never paid for it either.

so technically this is the first witcher game i bought.  this is why i don't mind too much. i feel it covers me for witcher 2+3 at the same time ;)

ah ok keep in mind that the price we post here are the price with the loyalty discount. You must own Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 to get those price.

I just did not know i could register my Steam copies on gog.

ah ok keep in mind that the price we post here are the price with the loyalty discount. You must own Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 to get those price.

I just did not know i could register my Steam copies on gog.

i could not care about steam prices. but it is a shame the game became to much cheaper on GOG in 6 month. so next time i buy a sequel of the game i like i will not preorder.

(unless it is a kickstarter, where they NEED the money. but kickstarter pricing is never more expensive then the release date price!)

What is this patience thing?  Can I poke at it with a stick?

Aye, that you can! You can also throw rocks at it, chew it or even sell it for invisible currency! Pretty sweet deal! :p

This is sad to watch. Such a great atmosphere was lost due to the downgrade :(

Maybe if I played it on my laptop with Intel graphics, here's whart it looks like on a decent PC

Right there with you.  Just finish the pre-load for the game yesterday.