Photo

Windows 8 : Shutdown Hibernation hybrid : Consumers confused.

137 replies to this topic

#136 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

Posted 16 February 2015 - 21:31

I have run computers WITHOUT a single restart for over a year; yes, uptime over a year. Didn't face any issue.

May be you should get your facts checked.

aye same:

FreeBSD mortalkomb.at 8.1-STABLE FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #4: Sun Oct  3 22:26:58 EDT 2010     root@gunit.illusionrunwild.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/gunit.kern  amd64

4:30PM  up 788 days, 11:36, 7 users, load averages: 0.10, 0.19, 0.16

#137 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:52

No idea, went back to 7, due to some connectivity issues I had, (gave that machine to my son, and he asked if it could have 7 on it too he was 15 at the time)

#138 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:12

Had a call from a an older woman tonight, Who had Windows 8.1. Her computer could no longer connect to the internet on wifi. It would connect to the wifi but IE would just show a white page. She called the ISP tech support and try tried a bunch of stuff but couldn't get it to work. So I talked to her over the phone.

I asked her have you restarted the computer? She said yes a bunch of times, it hasn't helped. I asked her by restart, do you mean you clicked restart or you just turned the computer on and off. She said she turned the computer on and off a bunch of times it hasn't helped. Then, I take a deep breath, and go into the explanation on why she should restart and not shut down.

Then she asked me "Well if I can't turn it off and back on how am I suppose to restart?" .. I then tell her again you click on power and select restart instead of shut down. After she restarted her internet worked without issue! :)