The two modes they've implemented the new matchmaking system on are still absolutely atrocious in my book. The lag is still significantly greater than all the other modes, and teams are far more frequently unbalanced (and it still takes 5+ minutes to find a match). Respawn apparently thought it'd be a good idea to base the matchmaking almost solely on skill, which is just silly. It'd make far more sense to have an aggregate team skill and try to match the players up that way while keeping the focus on connectivity. That way there are good and bad players on each team, which makes it a much more enjoyable experience, and you can still either learn from better competition or feel like you're doing well.

I've avoided Attrition and Hardpoint since the updated matchmaking was implemented, which is a shame because Hardpoint is by far my favorite mode.

That's weird. I haven't had any problems finding matches immediately and my Attrition matches are almost all fairly close.

I dunno what to say - I've been putting in a ton of hours especially over the last two weeks and my experience has been pretty fantastic with only a few minor hiccups.

It seems to me like they went back on all the new matchmaking systems.  I was having a much better experience during the beta.

They didn't.

That's weird. I haven't had any problems finding matches immediately and my Attrition matches are almost all fairly close.

I dunno what to say - I've been putting in a ton of hours especially over the last two weeks and my experience has been pretty fantastic with only a few minor hiccups.

I don't know what to say either -- Twitter is still raging over it, as are users on the official forums.

It's still a great game but recently have been getting the 1 second countdown glitch more - you know, where the countdown freezes at 1 second to match start and the game just locks.

I wish they would add a system so that people who drop from a match, get a hidden ran,ing that make sure that the next time they look for a match they get instantly dropped into an ongoing match on the losing team with little time left and a nigh unbeatable score difference. and if they keep dropping they will keep being put in such matches every time one's available. 

seriously, does this game not count it as a loss if you drop before the game ends ?

Yesterday first time game hangs for me, I need to use task manager to kill Titanfall process. Make me mad a bit, I've very good match then :D

Since update match loading time is huge, need to wait another 1 minute on loading screen, very annoying thing... Also other loading times increased since update, sad thing... 

I don't care if I sound like a broken record, but the new matchmaking is beyond terrible. It's "Battlefield 4" levels of awful, and I don't use that comparison lightly.

I just tried Hardpoint again for the first time in a week or so, and it's just as terrible as when they first implemented the new system. I was immediately put in a game where my team was down to three players (myself included) and, given the player count, was so far behind it wasn't even funny. While I know the prestige system doesn't necessarily correlate to skill, the other team was stacked with Generation 8, 9 ad 10 players, while my team had one Generation 6 (myself), one Generation 2 and a low-level Generation 1 player.

Anyway, I quit out after a few minutes because it's a terrible session. Naturally, I search for a new session. It puts me in the same game. Quit out again. Same game. Quit out again. Same game. Quit out again. Same game. Quit again. Same game. Quit again. Same game. Quit again. Same game.

It's terrible. There's no excusing this crap.

• Like 1

Dunno, I have had some fairly good matchmaking in hard point, it's also been balancing between the teams in hard point which it doesn't do otherwise, I've also had some unbalanced games but either it works out or it changes the opposition.

Now if only 90% didn't run around with shotgun and satchel...

Snip

Could it have something to do with the region/time you're playing? Not making excuses, but on this forum there seem to few people complaining about matchmaking. 

I'll admit I don't play as regularly as I used to but  (again sounding like a broken record) I have no issues finding matches that are both well balanced and lag free.

Could it have something to do with the region/time you're playing? Not making excuses, but on this forum there seem to few people complaining about matchmaking. 

I'll admit I don't play as regularly as I used to but  (again sounding like a broken record) I have no issues finding matches that are both well balanced and lag free.

I doubt it. I live in Texas (the region is fairly populated, and it's never been a problem on other consoles) and the same issue happened when I last tried Hardpoint on a weekend.

My only guess is the new skill-focused matchmaking is forcing me to play with the same players. The strange thing is I have no problem finding good matches in the other modes -- it's only Hardpoint and Attrition, which have the new system.

Just a heads up, may even be worth its own thread, if anyone was on the fence with Titanfall, it is the GoldBox Deal of the Day at Amazon today. All 3 versions (PC, One, 360).

It is on sale for $36.99

• Like 1

I'm not actually complaining anymore.  Honestly it's pretty rare that it's really out of wack.

There are definitely times though.

For those on the fence about buying Titanfall don't. At release I was on the fence too. Before I was super hyped for it but then reviews and gameplay started getting released and everything showed that Titanfall's fun wouldn't last long. I told my dad (Ironman273) to wait before buying it so quickly, but unfortunately he was hyped for it too, so he went ahead and bought it. Now that we have it, I realize those reviews were right. The gameplay is OK and is basically Call of Duty with mechs. After a while you grow tired of the few guns. and then of the few mechs. and finally of the maps. For a mech game it has very few mechs (Less than 5 I think), and for a mech game without mechs, it has very few weapons. There just really isn't anything in the game that keeps you motivated to keep playing. 

Basically if you're a CoD fan, you might like this game because it IS fast paced, BUT it lacks a lot of content, and you're better off playing CoD. If you're not a CoD fan or dislike CoD I don't think you'll like this.

I couldn't care less about the variety of guns and mechs, I play the game because the multiplayer is fun. 

if you like shoting people in multiplayer you'll like this game.

Also there's 3 mechs, and they play pretty much the same the only difference is you have the basic mech, then you have one with slightly less armor and slightly more speed and one with slightly more armor and slightly less speed. 

I don't see why more guns would make me more interested in the game, I still play with either the CAR smg or the Carbine you start with, I might use the smart pistol occasionally to switch things up. And I have no intention of Regen when I hit 50 in another couple of levels, I don't need to "earn" new weapons to feel like I do something in the game. But then again, I fondly remember a time when multiplayer games gave you access to all the guns and accessories right away and you simply chose what fitted your playstyle and then you enjoyed the multiplayer, you didn't have to earn your favourite gear before you could enjoy the game(no, I'm not a fan of the unlocking guns and accessories that CoD brought with it, and that was introduced in BF to. Heck I though CS was stupid because special ops forces would have to 'buy' their guns, which made no sense)

• Like 1

I couldn't care less about the variety of guns and mechs, I play the game because the multiplayer is fun. 

if you like shoting people in multiplayer you'll like this game.

Also there's 3 mechs, and they play pretty much the same the only difference is you have the basic mech, then you have one with slightly less armor and slightly more speed and one with slightly more armor and slightly less speed. 

I don't see why more guns would make me more interested in the game, I still play with either the CAR smg or the Carbine you start with, I might use the smart pistol occasionally to switch things up. And I have no intention of Regen when I hit 50 in another couple of levels, I don't need to "earn" new weapons to feel like I do something in the game. But then again, I fondly remember a time when multiplayer games gave you access to all the guns and accessories right away and you simply chose what fitted your playstyle and then you enjoyed the multiplayer, you didn't have to earn your favourite gear before you could enjoy the game(no, I'm not a fan of the unlocking guns and accessories that CoD brought with it, and that was introduced in BF to. Heck I though CS was stupid because special ops forces would have to 'buy' their guns, which made no sense)

Titans = totally agree. The default titan is more than fine, not even bothering with the campaigns to unlock the other two. Guns there are enough of, though more would be nice. Nothing as crazy as Ghosts, that one has lots of guns which is nice but not mandatory. Would appreciate more loadouts, being limited to five or six (can never remember) is just annoying, especially since each gun and anti-titan weapon is so distinct.

Titans = totally agree. The default titan is more than fine, not even bothering with the campaigns to unlock the other two. Guns there are enough of, though more would be nice. Nothing as crazy as Ghosts, that one has lots of guns which is nice but not mandatory. Would appreciate more loadouts, being limited to five or six (can never remember) is just annoying, especially since each gun and anti-titan weapon is so distinct.

There was a post on the Titanfall website (can't link right now @ work) about introducing more loadouts for different game modes and being able to rename the loadouts too. Should be coming in the next title update.

We used to have a zipped up custom Ghost recon install back in the day since we all had to run the same setup with the mods in the same order. now that setup had a LOT of guns :)

• Like 1

Titanfall is CoD

I guess you have not played Titanfall..because if u did you would not be saying that...

Edited by Andrew G.
  • Like 2

I guess you have not played Titanfall..because if u did you would not be saying that...

Reached level 14, then grew tired of playing more CoD, so I stopped playing.

Reached level 14, then grew tired of playing more CoD, so I stopped playing.

As for the gameplay, it's similar to CoD but it's more evolved. well at least untill you run into a game with everyone running around with shotgun and satchel.

but then again, CoD is(was) the best small area tactical action FPS, this is better even if it's based on the same formula. 

• Like 1