They all have weak spots for critical hits. If you are talking about Phogoth (the big one in the chains), it has a weak spot in the middle of his body. Just above the stomach. 

It is slightly demanding boss if you are playing with fresh level 12 or 11 but you can definitely beat it in about 10-15 mins. He can take a lot of damage. 

He is actually not that hard. When you get to play Nexus strike, that one will take a while as well but the hardest ones are Weekly hard challenges and when you hit level 20+ you will unlock new difficulties for story missions that range from 20 (hard), 24 (hard), 28 or 29 (can't remember exactly) with marking impossible. 

For example, current weekly challenge for Strike is level 22 (hard) I played was Devil's Lair. 

The difference between normal and hard is that your teammates in a strike can actually respawn in the "no-respawn" area as long as at least 1 person stays alive. The timer will do 30 secs countdown and if somebody doesn't revive you, you will respawn and join your team and strike will still continue.

With hard strikes, it's a bit different and a lot harder because there is no timer. You rely on teammates to revive you so you guys have to glue yourself to each other in order to be able to quickly revive each other.  Hard strikes are very demanding too.

It took us, as I have mentioned, on the weekly strike challenge (Devil's Lair) over an hour to beat it and the 3 of us had level 22 with defense rating between 750-800 and weapons in the 200s range and we were dropping like flies.

That is a mechanic similar to MMOs - DC Universe Online has a similar one for alerts and raids (mini-boss AND final-boss - if you aren't revived, you have to sit out the rest of the sub-raid/sub-alert).

Both alerts (four-man) and raids (up to eight) have multiple stages, each with a mini-boss - the end stage has the final boss of the entire raid/alert.  If you aren't revived, you are forced to sit out the rest of the stage - however, you still get credit for the stage, even if you croak at the beginning of it.

Batcave: Inner Sanctum is both an eight-character raid (with Normal and Hard difficulties) and an even harder four-character alert.  There are four stages, with the first three having a mini-boss at its end - the fourth, naturally, has the end-boss for the entire raid/alert.  While the actual character toughness between the Hard raid and the alert is no different, the fact that you can only have half the folks makes it much nastier in reality - while the Hard raid, and the alert, are technically for those characters with combat ratings of 53 or above, I would seriously suggest waiting until you have a combat rating of 60+ to tackle the alert.

@DL

The "dark sky" mission you referenced is a public event. They show up on your HUD like normal mission markers but they have a different color icon. You don't have to accept them in order to participate, you just have to go to the marker and get within range of them. Or, you could ignore them if you like. They are identical to Warhammer Online's public quest system, if you're familiar with those.

They're a lot of fun because they're generally harder than the normal patrol missions. (they're designed for multiple players) At the end of them, whether the objective was completed or not, every player gets a rating (bronze, silver, gold) and you get a package in the mail for completing your first public event of the day, every day.

There are about half a dozen different public events that I know of in Old Russia, but each "planet" in the game has different ones.

I'm glad you gave the game another chance, and that you had fun the second time around.  :)

(also, I'm looking forward to most of the same games that you are.  (Y) You should check out Lords of the Fallen too.)

Thanks for the explanation again. I think according to this, I was actually taking place in one and did not realize it. There was some Level 10 Knight or something along those lines with some floating orb thing and it killed me a bunch of times (I am still at Level 3). So that was it.

Actually I have another question. That Knight I was shooting at, I believe it was saying Immune everytime a hit it, so basically I was doing no damage to it at all. Do I need to change my weapon type or bullet type or something? I really have not gotten much into the customization aspect yet, I just pick whatever seems to have the best stats and run with it, but I was not doing any damage, and even tried changing my weapons up a few times, still nothing.

If anything that would be my main criticism of the game, it really does not explain anything at all. So if you are someone like me who always steered clear of MMO's and MMORPG's, or whatever genre you can through MMO in front of, but you have decided to give the game a chance because you play FPS's and played Halo, well the game makes a lot of assumptions. And I think people may think I am exaggerating, but I really have NEVER played an MMO for more than 30 minutes,, and that was only like two of them. Same goes for RPG's. The only ones of those I have played are Company Of Heroes and now Diablo 3.

If you where at the boss orb in the Russia strike/raid mission, the final boss after the spidery tank, then its immune until you have killed the first batch of enemies or so, then you have to hit it in the eye to do any real damage. After it starts moving around it shouldn't be immune.

I think enemy immunity is based on element type of the weapon or level difference between you and the enemy. If the enemy has question marks next to their names, where their level should be, that means they're much higher level than you. Damaging them will be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

I haven't gotten far enough in the content to where element type matters, so I don't know exactly how that works. Though I know there is Kinetic, Arc, Void, and Solar. I think the higher level content requires good management of element types on your weapons, but I haven't hit that stuff yet.

immunity has a lot to do with a few things, 

A) if there is an aura around the enemy it will be immune until the aura is dissipated

B) Your level compared the the enemy

C) Certain enemies have an immunity period (such as sepiks prime who is immune at the beginning of the fight)

D) Certain Enemies are immune from damage to certain parts of their bodies, such as ogres 

I have only gotten through Earth and the moon and they have not explained it yet however, they make references to why they are here just not where they are from. I assume they will explain more. however, if you go to the website (once you get more grimoire cards) there is plenty of lore on the cards themselves.

Also for people wondering why high levels are roaming Russia killing stuff like DirtyLarry, its two reasons, both based on bad design.

Firstly their inexplicable reasoning for no maps and apparently only highly advanced map robots in the tower having maps in the future.

Secondly, stupid bounties like kill 2 enemies with fusion rifle 20 times. Bounties those of us who don't want to do a lot of vs MP have to do since 90% of the bounties are pvp.

• Like 1

Yeah that 2x Fusion rifle one is lame. And so is the "kill 3 enemies with one super 20 times" is equally as dumb.

They really do need to rebalance the bounties because the vanguard ones required huge amounts of time for very little pay off. Where as, the pvp ones still require lots of time, but you're earning crucible marks and rank just for playing. It's not balanced at all.

So when they designed that moon strike mission their meeting went something like

"lets make the most un-fun frustrating team mission we can"

Seriously, not only the hulking beast of kill you if I see you, but you hotline 4 elite wizards and 4 elite knights along with the horde of acolytes and regular knights and the exploding thralls as well.  that mission certainly is not balanced for the level its listed as.

Its just the opposite of fun to play once you get to the ogre.

I think enemy immunity is based on element type of the weapon or level difference between you and the enemy. If the enemy has question marks next to their names, where their level should be, that means they're much higher level than you. Damaging them will be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

I haven't gotten far enough in the content to where element type matters, so I don't know exactly how that works. Though I know there is Kinetic, Arc, Void, and Solar. I think the higher level content requires good management of element types on your weapons, but I haven't hit that stuff yet.

The element types are never explained nor are they obvious, but I'll fill you in. Element types are only good for getting through enemies shields of the same color. For instance, if an enemy has a purple shield, you want to use a void weapon to get through it. Once the shield is gone, the element type makes no difference, same goes for enemies with no shield at all.

Also, when I say shield, I don't mean the bar above their health bar, that's always white. I mean the color of the shield when you shoot at a specific enemy. It will be either blue, purple, or orange.

Yeah I stick to what I said earlier, the game really does a horrible job at explaining things, especially for an "n00b" like myself who is not used to this kind of structure. And due to my already mentioned limited time to play video games, I would rather play them, opposed to researching them online to figure this type of stuff out.

Luckily for myself I have this community to fill in the blanks for me here, but if I didn't, yeah, I could see myself getting frustrated very fast.

So this particular enemy that I ran across that was Immune was a larger Knight, and based on the explanations above, I am almost positive it was because I was still only a Level 3. Later on in my session when I came across it again after a couple of beacon missions and hitting Level 4, I had no issue dealing damage to it. 

So even although I returned my special edition I've now ended up with a copy of Destiny again lol, read my story here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129731483

It's a not for resale branded copy so I shall probably keep it and give it a go.

• Like 1

I am a avid MMO player and RPG games are my favorite and for me destiny has been awesome.  Though I am calling BS that they made that stupid level with the super spider easier... that crap was so retarded.  Wouldn't have been AS bad but i was only level 5 which is what i was when i did it in beta...  everything in there is level 8 now and my friend was level 8 so we at least made it to the spider but the damn guy it auto put with us was only level freaking 3 and he was just there to taunt us to try and res him in the middle of 20 mobs lol.    After an hour and a half just on the spider alone my son pulled the power out of my router in the bedroom and we failed lol... I don't remember dieing half as much in the beta.  Its like they thought dang people are not dieing enough lets increase the hp and shields of all the mobs and reduce the dmg on all the player guns...

Yeah I stick to what I said earlier, the game really does a horrible job at explaining things, especially for an "n00b" like myself who is not used to this kind of structure. And due to my already mentioned limited time to play video games, I would rather play them, opposed to researching them online to figure this type of stuff out.

Luckily for myself I have this community to fill in the blanks for me here, but if I didn't, yeah, I could see myself getting frustrated very fast.

So this particular enemy that I ran across that was Immune was a larger Knight, and based on the explanations above, I am almost positive it was because I was still only a Level 3. Later on in my session when I came across it again after a couple of beacon missions and hitting Level 4, I had no issue dealing damage to it. 

How can we co-op Larry? Care to explain the basics now that I have a copy again, I'm sure I read some of your complaints were that the game randomly parties you.

How can we co-op Larry? Care to explain the basics now that I have a copy again, I'm sure I read some of your complaints were that the game randomly parties you.

It doesn't really party you with anybody. There are areas which are public areas where other random people will be around, but when you go on a mission outside of these areas, only your fire team will be with you. Just invite him to your fire team and you guys will be all set. One exception is when you go on strike missions where you will be teamed up with someone via matchmaking since they require 3 people. Missions where strangers might be around are the beacon missions that take place in the public areas and the public events. That should be the only time you run into random people.

At least on the Xbox, you just create a fireteam and play the game that way. Not sure how it works on the PS4 but I imagine it's the same

Anyone having issues with Destiny MP(Xbox) now ? I played a few MP matches earlier, then I watched some netflix and ate dinner, and now it's continually searching for and evaluating guardians forever...