Photo

Destiny - Beta ends 27/7

official destiny bungie activision martin odonnell umbra 3 ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

312 replies to this topic

#301 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,438 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 23 July 2014 - 18:18

Wandering around the tower I noticed today an area on the left with merchants from something apparently called "new monarchy".

What's interesting is that in the description of some of the items they sell it says something... I don't remember the wording but it was something like the actions of the character counting towards that faction when wearing that.

Looks like there'll be some kind of competition between factions.

Yeah there are actually 4 factions in the tower, at least so far in the Beta. They all have to do with the Crucible though. If you go to a map-bot in the tower, look for the crossed-swords (guns?) icon. There are five on the map but one is for the Crucible vangaurd. The other four are the factions.

I hope there are PVE factions of some sort. Actually, at this point I'm hoping Bungie is adding just as much stuff to PVE as they are for PVP. I'm really hoping they add some sort of horde-mode for end-game PVE content. That way those of us who don't like PVP as much have something to do that is repeatable but dynamic.

#302 RatherLargeBear

RatherLargeBear

Neowinian

• 1,184 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 23 July 2014 - 19:58

Would love an Xbox One (UK) code if anyone has a spare that they don't mind passing on!

#303 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,406 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 22:45

So what is the emblem we get for playing? And it's only if ya play this Saturday right?

#304 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,176 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:44

Played a few hours last night, enjoyed this a lot more then I expected to. The firing mechanics weren't as soulless as some of the videos I saw and there was a decent amount of recoil feel back from the guns. The no-respawn area's really do get difficult, even when you're playing in a 3 man fireteam on normal, a couple of us went down a few times.

I hope the full game is as big as it feels like it could be, we did a little exploring and found area's I could have sworn we had not been to during the story so there seems like a large amount of exploring to be done. The enemies respawn pretty quickly too so you can always find some action to get in on.

#305 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,438 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:17

So what is the emblem we get for playing? And it's only if ya play this Saturday right?

Bungie has yet to clarify what the permanent reward is, so no one knows. It might not even be an emblem.

#306 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,794 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted Yesterday, 12:20

Damnit, guess I need to get my Xbox 360 S EU adapter soon though! Moved to Germany and apparently stupid Microsoft doesn't have a dual voltage adapter!! :angry:

#307 DeltaXray

DeltaXray

Neowinian

• 421 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:43

Edit: not to worry, sorted now :)

#308 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,831 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted Yesterday, 13:09

I am just hoping my son isnt born on saturday. Wife was due this past Sunday.

#309 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,438 posts

Posted Yesterday, 15:57

has anyone tried looking up the grimoire cards they've unlocked? All of mine say "redacted" in the contents, but others have said they actually get little bits of lore and facts. Why are mine all redacted?

#310 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,831 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted Yesterday, 17:15

has anyone tried looking up the grimoire cards they've unlocked? All of mine say "redacted" in the contents, but others have said they actually get little bits of lore and facts. Why are mine all redacted?

Yeah they are hiding that information because they do not want to spoil stuff in the game before it comes out. which i suppose is understandable being that from the Beta you cannot really tell what is going on in the story.

#311 RatherLargeBear

RatherLargeBear

Neowinian

• 1,184 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted Yesterday, 18:05

Would love an Xbox One (UK) code if anyone has a spare that they don't mind passing on!

Got one thanks to sharpy2k4

#312 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,742 posts

Posted Yesterday, 20:19

so I finished level 4 story,and level 5 didn't unlock. what the hell?

#313 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,742 posts

Posted Today, 00:46

so I finished level 4 story,and level 5 didn't unlock. what the hell?

nevermind. it seems it only goes up to level 4 story on xbox. what I was really after was unlocking The Crucible, which gets unlocked when player levels to 5. in multiplayer, it looks and feels eerily similar to titanfall,from the gameplay to the UI elements.  did anybody else get that?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!