Nope, that's pretty much all there is.

Thanks for the confirmation. Most reviews I read alluded to the fact, but never outright said it. I only read a couple of though.

I enjoyed the game to a certain extent, but I just never will have the time to enjoy it at the next level. Truth is even if I had the time, I really do not have the desire to keep doing the same type of thing over and over. I guess that is what a game like this is all about, but that also explains why I just always steered clear of them myself. I do think they really dropped the ball on the campaign side though. They could have just done so much more even within this online environment. Instead they really did things by the numbers.

Oh well. My only real regret is not trading it in when I initially went to do so. The good news is the trade in value at Amazon has gone up in price since I last checked over this past weekend, so I only lost $5 not trading it in the first time around.

I will take the $32.76 trade in credit and run.

I have a feeling that this is a game that will evolve over time.  Yes, they'll sell you DLC to keep you going.  It sucks, but for those that are enjoying it now but will get tired of it I think they will release packs to keep it "fresh."  I really enjoyed Borderlands and I thought this would be similar but I'm glad I'm waiting to purchase it.  Hopefully they'll have a "Game of the Year" type version that will include a lot of the DLC.

I have a feeling that this is a game that will evolve over time. Yes, they'll sell you DLC to keep you going. It sucks, but for those that are enjoying it now but will get tired of it I think they will release packs to keep it "fresh." I really enjoyed Borderlands and I thought this would be similar but I'm glad I'm waiting to purchase it. Hopefully they'll have a "Game of the Year" type version that will include a lot of the DLC.

Borderlands is a far better game. Its much more fleshed out in story and gameplay. Destiny feels like a shell of something that should be great, were it not executed poorly. I've gone back to playing titanfall until sunset overdrive comes out.

• Like 2

Yeah the mission design is quite amateurish, and run of the mill. It's supremely disappointing too, because I really like everything else about the game.

My brother and I are progressing through the "campaign" and we're only on Venus now. (and it's beautiful) We're talking our time, doing patrols, and vanguard bounties to break it up. But I'm feeling like once the campaign is over with, and I hear the "ending" is unsatisfying, I'll probably be moving on to something else. Which is a real shame too, because Destiny was the game I was looking forward to the most for the past year or more.

I will play it from time to time, but grinding for loot for no reason, since I can't do heroic strikes or raids due to Bungie's idiotic design decisions, means there really is no incentive for me to keep playing.

PVP would be enough to keep me playing if it wasn't already overrun with level 25+ people sporting full sets of legendaries and exotics. I played a lot of crucible during the alpha, beta, and beginning of launch, and it was great. Everyone seemed on equal footing for the most part. I tried playing the last two nights, and I was constantly stomped by 25+s. So lame.

Does anyone here think that Destiny has enough starting longevity to keep it viable until new content is given?

In essence, is the starting content, zones, gameplay, etc... is that all appealing enough that you would keep coming back for more?

Does anyone here think that Destiny has enough starting longevity to keep it viable until new content is given?

In essence, is the starting content, zones, gameplay, etc... is that all appealing enough that you would keep coming back for more?

In all honesty. Nope. I have a level 27 Titan and a 21 Hunter, and I too havent even seen any raid content, even though im decked out with legendaries and exotics. Its just stupid that it doesn't have match making to do the raids.

Another thing is the orignal release is massive world wise, but the missions are just dreadful. Horrible level design. 

Will I come back? I might play it every now and then when people need help with something, but other than that, nope. 

• Like 1

In all honesty. Nope. I have a level 27 Titan and a 21 Hunter, and I too havent even seen any raid content, even though im decked out with legendaries and exotics. Its just stupid that it doesn't have match making to do the raids.

Another thing is the orignal release is massive world wise, but the missions are just dreadful. Horrible level design. 

Will I come back? I might play it every now and then when people need help with something, but other than that, nope. 

Would you say that you bought into the hype and that is why it is disappointing to you? Or were you cautious and lowered your expectations and you're still disappointed?

Also, do any of you believe that this game is worth the 60 dollars, or do you believe that one should get it at a sale or when Destiny is on discount?

Also, do any of you believe that this game is worth the 60 dollars, or do you believe that one should get it at a sale or when Destiny is on discount?

I bought the $90 digital guardian edition on xbox one and belive it was worth every bit I spent on it for the amount of time I have played so far.

I bought the $90 digital guardian edition on xbox one and belive it was worth every bit I spent on it for the amount of time I have played so far.

I got the $60 version but I've already put 60 hours in. Level 27, all leg/exo. Moving on to less than a dollar an hour played, worth it.

So it is safe to say that in the campaign, Venus is set up like the other planets? About 5 main missions and two of so side missions, like patrols, etc.?

And Venus is the last planet as well correct? So if I were to clear it, I would beat the campaign? Or is there more?

So it is safe to say that in the campaign, Venus is set up like the other planets? About 5 main missions and two of so side missions, like patrols, etc.?

And Venus is the last planet as well correct? So if I were to clear it, I would beat the campaign? Or is there more?

It's pretty similar in nature. New enemy to fight in largely the same manner as the other enemies, but it's not the last planet. You go to Mars after Venus, and that's the last planet.

Would you say that you bought into the hype and that is why it is disappointing to you? Or were you cautious and lowered your expectations and you're still disappointed?

For me it was a bit of both. For $500 million development budget I knew I wasn't expecting the greatest game ever made, I was however expecting a great game. By that im talking GTAV good - like polished where the game has no bugs and content and story. The alphas and betas I thought were just a small glimpse of the what was in the final game. However, I was wrong. What we saw from the final game had 4 planets, 2 of which were in the beta, and repetative gameplay and little to no story. Where it does its job as a great game is the gunplay. But that is all it has going for it atm unfortunately. :(

Absolutely.. the game is amazing.. I can't get enough and I can only imagine when they continue start expanding the universe with new planets, new missions, the continuation of the main storyline.. the raid dynamic is awesome! and I love the challenge.. can't wait for new raids.. the new queen's missions awarding legendary gear is definitely a welcome addition..

Btw, I'm 29 level now.

It's different.. The environment is different, you are fighting Vex which have their own weak points..so your encounters with them will be different in terms of how you fight.. They also have praetorians/minatours that are huge and take some careful approach to take down because they warp through space.

Each enemy type has their own bosses, big enemies, weak spots and certain ways of fighting that you will have to adjust.

For example, the moon hive guys are different and have thralls, wizards/witches, nasty captains and big ogres.

Mars will be completely different experience because you will be fighting cabal enemies which have big guys that have shields and their only vulnerable place to shoot is the corner of their shoulder to have them lose balance and open up behind the shield so you have a brief moment in time to kill them before they raise their shield again.

The bosses are also unique for each planet and enemy type. Venus has 2 strike missions, mars has 1. About the same amount of missions on each planet so around 15-20 of them total plus the side mission stuff you do in patrols.

If you REALLY want to challenge yourself and get higher loot, you want to play daily and weekly heroic missions at high difficulty and then when you are ready you can try weekly nightfall strike which is basically harder then raid because if your fireteam dies that's it.

There is plenty of stuff to do and yes, after a couple of weeks, for us hardcore destiny players the things can get a bit repetitive but I'm playing a lot of daily and weekly missions on 28 level hard, I can't wait for each week to do nightfall strike and raid again.

We do raid now in about an hour and 30.. The whole thing. Still challenging but everybody wants to get that raid gear :) to level up to 30.

I think this game will be only getting better with new raids, new missions, DLCs and stuff bungie can now continue adding as they have a solid platform to build upon and I like the story.. Can't wait for it to continue.

Different in how you fight... no not really, you blast them with fire, you just aim for the belly instead of the head. it's not different. 

This gamecould have been so much better if they just had told the story, and not just given you grimoires and what not. and if the ending had been the begining of the game (it is, but it's also the end)

the end is where the game should have started with everything else told in cinematics and short intro to the game sequences. instead they created a whole intro game with 80% of the story not told, and sya the real game starts with Destiny 2, because this time, unlike with Halo, we planned to have a grand trilogy+ series. 

Also the Heroic missions aren't really that much more difficult, it's just more enemies and weapons that do more damage. big deal. They need to learn how to make stuff difficult and "clever" without just bumping numbers. 

If anyone needs help, or just want to farm/play coop missions...hit me up...PM me.  All that I ask is you are respectful, mature, and know how to play well with others.

So I finally hit level 20 last night! :)

I think I may start a new character. I hear the titans are fun to play. 

Top level is 30.  You level to 30 by getting armor with light.  More light you have, higher level.  I am at 23 currently.

I'm currently level 26 and here's my rant... If there's one thing this game has done for me, it's that it has made me look forward to Borderlands even more. Here's my biggest problem with this game, it just doesn't handle loot right at all. Doing a long difficult mission and killing the boss only to have to rely on the random chance I might get something as a "reward" afterward? No, bosses should ALWAYS drop at least one thing, doesn't even matter if it's good or not. I'm never satisfied at the end of a big fight because it never feels like I'm being rewarded for my troubles. That's why I like Borderlands so much more. Seeing the loot rain from the sky after killing a difficult boss is so satisfying, even though most of it is trash and gets sold off.

Meanwhile, in the Crucible, even players that come in last because they haven't found legendary auto rifles yet (my other biggest complaint) can be rewarded with legendary or epic engrams for their (lack of) contributions in a ten or so minute match, even if they join with a couple minutes left. Also, if I had a dollar for every rare engram that turned into a green item or a strange coin, I'd be able to retire right now. But has it ever gone the other way for me and given me a rarity higher? Nope. In fact, my very first dropped legendary engram (primary weapon, was so excited) I got yesterday during a mission turned into a strange coin (that's right, got my first dropped legendary engram at level 26 after 2.5 weeks)...

That's not to say I haven't enjoyed this game, it is not all bad. I've logged about 40 hours of play and I'll still continue enjoying it until Borderlands comes out. It also looks like the newest patch will start working on some of my biggest gripes, so who knows, this might still turn into the game I was hoping it would be.

I'm currently level 26 and here's my rant... If there's one thing this game has done for me, it's that it has made me look forward to Borderlands even more. Here's my biggest problem with this game, it just doesn't handle loot right at all. Doing a long difficult mission and killing the boss only to have to rely on the random chance I might get something as a "reward" afterward? No, bosses should ALWAYS drop at least one thing, doesn't even matter if it's good or not. I'm never satisfied at the end of a big fight because it never feels like I'm being rewarded for my troubles. That's why I like Borderlands so much more. Seeing the loot rain from the sky after killing a difficult boss is so satisfying, even though most of it is trash and gets sold off.

Borderlands is a much better game. Destiny takes so much to get anything good. And you must play with other players to achive those things. To much, way to much, grinding and little reward for it. Why I liked the loot cave. Last night, I got 20 blues and a legendary in about 30 minutes or so. Not to mention, level the hell out of my items and skills.

Meanwhile, in the Crucible, even players that come in last because they haven't found legendary auto rifles yet (my other biggest complaint) can be rewarded with legendary or epic engrams for their (lack of) contributions in a ten or so minute match, even if they join with a couple minutes left. Also, if I had a dollar for every rare engram that turned into a green item or a strange coin, I'd be able to retire right now. But has it ever gone the other way for me and given me a rarity higher? Nope. In fact, my very first dropped legendary engram (primary weapon, was so excited) I got yesterday during a mission turned into a strange coin (that's right, got my first dropped legendary engram at level 26 after 2.5 weeks)...

Have not played the Crucible. I hate playing with pugs and I dont know many with the game to consistently have a team of 6. And pugs either act like fools, or just cause trouble most of hte time. Immature.

That's not to say I haven't enjoyed this game, it is not all bad. I've logged about 40 hours of play and I'll still continue enjoying it until Borderlands comes out. It also looks like the newest patch will start working on some of my biggest gripes, so who knows, this might still turn into the game I was hoping it would be.

Yea, its an ok game. I may start another player soon. Lvl 23 Warlock ATM.