Photo

Destiny

official destiny bungie activision martin odonnell umbra 3 ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

606 replies to this topic

#601 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,711 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 20 September 2014 - 13:26

Why are you not supposed to be there until 20? Crucible is balanced.. it doesn't matter so much when it comes to weapons and damage.. so a player level 6 can dominate players level 27. Doesn't matter.

Not sure why think you shouldn't be in crucible until level 20? I know people who have done Crucible almost exclusively.. haven't done missions really beyond the initial few.. then went on to Crucible and now they are level 25-26. This is why Crucible has it's own armory and quartermaster.

The crucible is NOT balanced between a low level an a lvl 20, much less a lvl 24+

you can get some kills but the high level has a huge advantage, if you don't know this, you don't know how the crucible "balancing" works and I suggest you read up on it. 

#602 -T-

-T-

Trapmaster

• 2,592 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 15:04

The crucible is NOT balanced between a low level an a lvl 20, much less a lvl 24+

you can get some kills but the high level has a huge advantage, if you don't know this, you don't know how the crucible "balancing" works and I suggest you read up on it. 

The Crucible is bloody awful, I hated every moment I spent there on the bounty I had collected. Such an awful mismatch of players and a massively flawed rewards system

#603 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,711 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 15:22

once you get to lvl 20 it's not so bad. I'm not sure it's great fun but... it.s ok... well what primarily ruins both it and other elements of the high level game is that everything is such a effin grind. there's no sense of accomplishment or going anywhere. whihc would have been ok if it was just a shooter without RPG elements and gear rewards. but... it's not...

#604 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• 2,768 posts
  • Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 20 September 2014 - 15:25

once you get to lvl 20 it's not so bad. I'm not sure it's great fun but... it.s ok... well what primarily ruins both it and other elements of the high level game is that everything is such a effin grind. there's no sense of accomplishment or going anywhere. whihc would have been ok if it was just a shooter without RPG elements and gear rewards. but... it's not...

Destiny would have been better if the game had any form of a soul. It doesn't. It lacks character to make the grind bearable. It seriously makes me wonder if they lost all the best creative talent to 343.

#605 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,711 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 17:38

Destiny would have been better if the game had any form of a soul. It doesn't. It lacks character to make the grind bearable. It seriously makes me wonder if they lost all the best creative talent to 343.

It's got the basis of one, and the potential for a good story, but it never tells the story.

What is the darkness.

There are 4 enemy rations(and a 5th)

None of them are explained

Why are they all here

Why are they not destroyed

How come they all exist after fighting each other

Why did the traveller change the gravity to 1g on all planets(that's a double question as it also applies to Bungee why doesn't the moon, mars and venus have different gravity for more interesting gameplay diversity)

At what point did we originally die, before the travelers arrival? Seems unlikely since we're found in the middle of post traveller war wreckage. So why do we apparently know nothing.

#606 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,273 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted Yesterday, 01:36

Considering the fact that 343 was created purely to develop halo games in between bungie making them and the fact that all they have made are halo games which always received negative responses compared to the bungie Halo releases I'd say that is unlikely.

#607 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,001 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted Today, 03:50

Watch out everyone. I just finally hit Level 6 last night! :punk:

Honestly I am extremely happy I only get to play this game now and then, as if I did not, I am very, very positive I would not enjoy it at all with all the grinding and how progression is handled. As I have shared I am not an MMO player, and it is because of the grinding and farming, among many other reasons, that I never got into them.