heh, so yeah the timing didn't work out :laugh:

So how do other people find groups to play with? I keep getting recommended DestinyLFG.net, but that just gives me this.

ScreenShot2015-08-06at1.49.06pm.png

So yeah, tough to find players.

heh, so yeah the timing didn't work out :laugh:

So how do other people find groups to play with? I keep getting recommended DestinyLFG.net, but that just gives me this.

<snip>

So yeah, tough to find players.

LFG is the go to place (or so I've heard) however I was fortunate enough to have a friend who knew other friends etc. They then met one or two people on LFG or other forums and we have always just seemed to find enough people for raids. 

We've just agree'd a new Raid group for Tuedays moving forward and that when the new DLC drops we have agreed to not use any videos or guides and figure out the raid together.

I'm done with Destiny. Each DLC was hyped up and didn't offer that much with HoW being the biggest letdown ( anyone see the PoE twitch stream with Professorbroman screaming). TTK looks like its going to be the same and the pricing for the UK is crazy. TTK digital is £40 while Destiny Legendary Edition (disc) with all the DLC up to TTK is £42. TTK Digital is price is like a new game and the funny thing is that the Legendary edition will go down in price quicker then the TTK digital.

Too many good games coming out this year compared to last year to continue with Destiny. It's a good game but it could offer more like real exploration. They let us move around on a few planets but they are all just small areas with nothing to do and TTK is just offering one more area to do nothing but patrols outside of missions.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I just picked this up with all three expanions and am enjoying it (I basically tried the trial twice.  And I think my older HDMI receiver was a problem the first time.)

Looking forward to seeing what they're changing with the update.

Sadly i am till downloading the update from today (17.56GB worth) so I probably will not be able to play until tomorrow evening :(

I wish Bungie handled DLC events better, both The Dark Below and House of Wolves added world events, that were disabled when the next DLC released.

How is a new player supposed to get Blades of Crota? (Outside the singular mission), and good luck filling out the House of Wolves grimoire cards and gear now that wolf packs are gone.

I wish Bungie handled DLC events better, both The Dark Below and House of Wolves added world events, that were disabled when the next DLC released.

How is a new player supposed to get Blades of Crota? (Outside the singular mission), and good luck filling out the House of Wolves grimoire cards and gear now that wolf packs are gone.

It does suck that they did that, I'd like to see it completely randomised. One time it's a public event, next time the wolves are prowling etc. although I think I've covered all those areas (got the grimoire cards) It was nice to be busy in the middle of a mission of doing some patrols and suddenly a group of randoms get together and fight in one of these things.

I have to wait till tonight to get playing through the story but I'm looking forward to doing some new stuff.

Eh they'll change things sooner or later, that's always guaranteed.  I can only say as a new player the Wolf packs around frustrated the crap out of me sometimes.

I very much like that first Taken King mission.  I hadn't gotten to the Vault of Glass or anything higher yet, but I'm busy screwing around with the earlier missions anyway.

It's annoying that the Warlock quests expect me to do Crucible.  Nope.

Eh they'll change things sooner or later, that's always guaranteed.  I can only say as a new player the Wolf packs around frustrated the crap out of me sometimes.

I very much like that first Taken King mission.  I hadn't gotten to the Vault of Glass or anything higher yet, but I'm busy screwing around with the earlier missions anyway.

It's annoying that the Warlock quests expect me to do Crucible.  Nope.

No spoilers on the TTK missions/strikes before you do :p

Raids, imo, are the best part of that game. Once you get a good team together and you all learn your positions etc it gets so much easier. I remember when we first used to do Crota's End we'd struggle just to get through the first section and could spend hours floundering around. Now we run through it like it's a strike and can do CE on hard (given the light cap change helped) in about 30 minutes.

Vault of Glass is a lot harder despite it being technically a level 30 it's harder than the 33 CE but it's still fun.

Released at 2 AM PST and I checked the forums at 8 AM and people already completed the main storyline and have all three of their characters at level 40. I was expecting more.

So item tiers are all kinds of stuffed now, I get why they did it though. I got a "rare" helmet last night with better stats then my pre 2.0 legendary and exotic helmets. Also got a level 40 auto rifle from the Vanguard as a gift.

It does suck that they did that, I'd like to see it completely randomised. One time it's a public event, next time the wolves are prowling etc. although I think I've covered all those areas (got the grimoire cards) It was nice to be busy in the middle of a mission of doing some patrols and suddenly a group of randoms get together and fight in one of these things.

I have to wait till tonight to get playing through the story but I'm looking forward to doing some new stuff.

For the majority of HoW I was too low level to do any damage, by the end I got enough good gear to start doing serious damage and could solo them, but I only managed like 3 grimoire cards from it.

Edit: Oh, also very happy that the heroic strike now gives legendary gear, couldn't ever do the nightfall strikes because of no matchmaking, so now I can at least get gear instead of strange coins.

So item tiers are all kinds of stuffed now, I get why they did it though. I got a "rare" helmet last night with better stats then my pre 2.0 legendary and exotic helmets. Also got a level 40 auto rifle from the Vanguard as a gift.

For the majority of HoW I was too low level to do any damage, by the end I got enough good gear to start doing serious damage and could solo them, but I only managed like 3 grimoire cards from it.

Edit: Oh, also very happy that the heroic strike now gives legendary gear, couldn't ever do the nightfall strikes because of no matchmaking, so now I can at least get gear instead of strange coins.

It's such a shame about the lack of matchmaking on the harder tasks of Destiny, I've heard Bungies reasons many times but at the end of the day they are still locking good content away from people and not allowing them to choose.

I agree with them to an extent, VoG would be near impossible without communication, Crota's End would be difficult to an extent but I think doable. However now Nightfalls are 2 levels above max level I'm not sure what that's going to do, Nightfalls can be pretty difficult at times, some of the new strikes I think will be near impossible if they have element burns.

I don't know if it was just 2.0 pre-King messing things up or what but I was having a bitch of a time getting past level 23 until todays kit went live.

Err, light level 23.  before...you know what, never mind I've been doing farm crap.

Anyway, everything makes so much more sense now, though I don't know if I know enough people to do the raids.

Yeah, I was stuck on level 23 for like 4 months, then randomly got a better item of gear that suddenly pushed me up a tier of drop quality, and within a week I had full legendary gear and was level 32.

It's such a shame about the lack of matchmaking on the harder tasks of Destiny, I've heard Bungies reasons many times but at the end of the day they are still locking good content away from people and not allowing them to choose.

I agree with them to an extent, VoG would be near impossible without communication, Crota's End would be difficult to an extent but I think doable. However now Nightfalls are 2 levels above max level I'm not sure what that's going to do, Nightfalls can be pretty difficult at times, some of the new strikes I think will be near impossible if they have element burns.

Yeah, I'd at least like the option of using matchmaking, forcing me to use a LFG site is just a manual form of it, no guarantee the players would be any better.

For the longest time I couldn't do the heroic weekly strike either, they at least opened that up.

Yeah, I was stuck on level 23 for like 4 months, then randomly got a better item of gear that suddenly pushed me up a tier of drop quality, and within a week I had full legendary gear and was level 32.

Yeah, I'd at least like the option of using matchmaking, forcing me to use a LFG site is just a manual form of it, no guarantee the players would be any better.

For the longest time I couldn't do the heroic weekly strike either, they at least opened that up.

As I say, now the Nightfalls are two levels above it's going to be a lot harder, but in the past there were a few Nightfalls I solo'd. It can take time, and it helps if you have a Solar week with Gally and a fully levelled Vision of Confluence (A raid weapon so might be harder to obtain), with the right boss and hiding hole you can sometimes take down a boss in the first few minutes before stuff gets hard. Time will tell with the new Nightfall but my light level is still too far for me to think about trying it yet.

Taken King is far better made than the whole rest of the game. I kind of wish they had gone back through and re-did the original content the way they did the Taken king.

Already Level 40 Warlock StormCaller only took about 4 hours total to level and beat it.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428685353/2305843009215315879

Taken King is far better made than the whole rest of the game. I kind of wish they had gone back through and re-did the original content the way they did the Taken king.

Already Level 40 Warlock StormCaller only took about 4 hours total to level and beat it.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428685353/2305843009215315879

Completely Agree, I've managed to cram about 14 hours into it so far (only one character). The Cut Scenes, finally we can skip, but right now I actually don't want to. I love the characters of the vangaurd etc (the fact they actually have some). The is more to do than just patrol on the Dreadnought too, I know they've done a bit more with the existing locations but I would love to see them do some similar stuff there too.

The new Ghost voice, though...not a fan.

Yeah, this seems to have back fired a little. I love how they now have the ability to give nolandroid more lines so he actually changes what he says every so often during a mission but I don't think his style matches the game, I hate to say it but he sounds a little camp.

I've gone from all purples and yellows to blues and greens, I was so close to that trophy for having legendary gear too.

That hurt at first, I was so close to owning every exotic weapon and armour from year 1 and now I'm looking at them and thinking what's the point. Just as an FYI when you do get your first purple, you will still get blues at higher levels, DON'T SWITCH TO THEM LIKE I WAS! Infuse the purple with the blue and it raises the purples level.