Yeah, nothing I've found so far has the infuse ability, so I've just been scrapping everything for that sweet armor materials (And a mote of light every so often)

I think only new TTK Legendary armour has the infuse option, that's my experience at least.

Yeah, nothing I've found so far has the infuse ability, so I've just been scrapping everything for that sweet armor materials (And a mote of light every so often)

I think only new TTK Legendary armour has the infuse option, that's my experience at least.

Yeh your right its just TTK gear, a bit annoying as I have some nice Y1 weapons I'd like to upgrade.

But hopefully I'll find an equivalent Y2 that I like. 

I had hoped the Infuse ability was a generic across the board type perk, I was going to try taking a Khvostov 7G-02 through to end game, but oh well.

I'd love to take my Y1 pulse rifle through to Y2, but the game seems to want me to use auto-rifles, got given a legendary and exotic auto-rifle doing that quest for returning players.

Yeh your right its just TTK gear, a bit annoying as I have some nice Y1 weapons I'd like to upgrade.

But hopefully I'll find an equivalent Y2 that I like. 

This Y2 DLC almost feels like a complete game reset, I'd worked pretty hard to have almost every exotic armour piece (not to mention this was for three characters) and every exotic gun bar 2 from the Prison of Elders. I had a nice collection again of the majority of Raid weapons, most of which I'd boosted with Etheric Light and they are all now sat in the vault, absolutely useless but I haven't the heart to dismantle them just yet :( 

Never mind though, this is the nature of Destiny, you finally feel like your at the top of your game and some DLC comes along and takes that all away. I'm almost at the level of Nightfall strikes and hope to be ready for the Raid within a week or so with one character, Once I get my Titan to max I'll start working on my others.

I've got to upgrade my exotics to Y2 (Luckily they're all got Y2 counterparts), just need the legendary marks.

I've hit the glimmer cap too, right when most things went from glimmer to marks to buy (Y)

I've got to upgrade my exotics to Y2 (Luckily they're all got Y2 counterparts), just need the legendary marks.

I've hit the glimmer cap too, right when most things went from glimmer to marks to buy (Y)

Make sure you do the Crucible daily, it gives you 15 Legendary Marks for your first game (whether you win or lose) so you'll get those up nice and quick that way.

Oooh, will do. I just "unlocked" the daily story missions and such last night, still a fair bit below the required light level though.

Fair enough, I've not actually played any Crucible since the DLC dropped but AFAIK light levels don't count unless it's something like Trials or Iron Banana so you should be good for the daily stuff.

Fair enough, I've not actually played any Crucible since the DLC dropped but AFAIK light levels don't count unless it's something like Trials or Iron Banana so you should be good for the daily stuff.

I mean stuff like the daily heroic story and weekly heroic strike. They're like level 220 iirc, while I've only got about 198 on my warlock.

I haven't even started doing the new questline, I've just been finishing up HoW content that I had gotten stuck on (The rebalancing in 2.0 sure was nice, the difficulty of the missions is now comparable to main story quests), I took Skolas down in like 20 seconds. Once I do I should start getting much better gear (And unlock the dreadnought)

This Y2 DLC almost feels like a complete game reset, I'd worked pretty hard to have almost every exotic armour piece (not to mention this was for three characters) and every exotic gun bar 2 from the Prison of Elders. I had a nice collection again of the majority of Raid weapons, most of which I'd boosted with Etheric Light and they are all now sat in the vault, absolutely useless but I haven't the heart to dismantle them just yet :( 

Never mind though, this is the nature of Destiny, you finally feel like your at the top of your game and some DLC comes along and takes that all away. I'm almost at the level of Nightfall strikes and hope to be ready for the Raid within a week or so with one character, Once I get my Titan to max I'll start working on my others.

Yeh I know what you mean, luckily I came to destiny a bit later and only had the game not expansions 1 & 2, so was still a bit limited, no PoE, no Raids.

So I felt a bit reset, but not as much as some like you, though this is all because Destiny is designed more towards an MMO style with upgrades and things, this isn't halo where the BR on day 1 was as good as it is today, any MMO eventually your top gear is no longer top, just the way it goes to keep you playing.

And yes light only counts in Iron banner and PvE stuff, not standard Crucible.

Also tip for anyone who is trying to get their light up quickly. Put all your top level gear on when decoding engrams, it seems to push up the level of the item you get, has been working well for me since I started trying it.

Yeh I know what you mean, luckily I came to destiny a bit later and only had the game not expansions 1 & 2, so was still a bit limited, no PoE, no Raids.

So I felt a bit reset, but not as much as some like you, though this is all because Destiny is designed more towards an MMO style with upgrades and things, this isn't halo where the BR on day 1 was as good as it is today, any MMO eventually your top gear is no longer top, just the way it goes to keep you playing.

And yes light only counts in Iron banner and PvE stuff, not standard Crucible.

Also tip for anyone who is trying to get their light up quickly. Put all your top level gear on when decoding engrams, it seems to push up the level of the item you get, has been working well for me since I started trying it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsd-Tbf21eY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It Is, my only gripe is that with HoW DLC they introduced the Etheric Light as a means of taking any Legendary Armour and matching it to the highest level stuff. Finally we stopped having everyone looking the same with Crota gear etc. Even saw a few people in full Vault of Glass gear so it felt like there was an opportunity to keep your hard spent time and even spend more time getting that stuff up to relevant levels. I'd have liked to see something similar here, but it keeps me playing so I can't complain too much.

I've started adopting that method, makes handing stuff into the cryptarch a lot slower but I've managed to get to light 272 without too much effort.

It Is, my only gripe is that with HoW DLC they introduced the Etheric Light as a means of taking any Legendary Armour and matching it to the highest level stuff. Finally we stopped having everyone looking the same with Crota gear etc. Even saw a few people in full Vault of Glass gear so it felt like there was an opportunity to keep your hard spent time and even spend more time getting that stuff up to relevant levels. I'd have liked to see something similar here, but it keeps me playing so I can't complain too much.

I've started adopting that method, makes handing stuff into the cryptarch a lot slower but I've managed to get to light 272 without too much effort.

I suspect the'll bring it or something similar to the y2 gear eventually, it wasn't there from the start so now we've been "reset" might just be in the next update.

Yeh, but its worth it for a few weeks just to get you up faster.

That youtube channel have some other useful vids on infusing and other bits as well.

Aheer.R.S. joined me last night to walk me through the first 3 missions in TTK, showing me where the ghosts were (I never did get the first one on Phobos, gave up :laugh:), and decoded my interpretive dance moves because I don't have a microphone or anything. Was quite surprised at just how little latency there was, considering we're across the world from each other.

So far TTK is hilarious, putting that down to Nathan Fillion. Annoyed about the Reef/Awoken, but Bungie absolutely nailed the design of the Dreadnaught, it's amazing.

I don't have this but I'm considering getting it. The only concern I have is how much grind there is - is this the console version of spa in terms of time investment? Also, which version would I buy; Taken King or the Legendary one which bundles past DLC? How does TTK work if you don't have prior DLC? 

I don't have this but I'm considering getting it. The only concern I have is how much grind there is - is this the console version of spa in terms of time investment? Also, which version would I buy; Taken King or the Legendary one which bundles past DLC? How does TTK work if you don't have prior DLC? 

There's grind if you want it...and it makes things a lot easier, because of the weapon and armor drops.  But you can just power through the missions in order for the most part.  The raids and probably the Prison of Elders (horde mode/arena, if that makes more sense) are the only things I remember so far you can't just punch out yourself.

I'm not sure if it's a new thing, or because I just unlocked it (lol), but PoE has matchmaking enabled. Only for the base tier though, named enemies still require manual matchmaking.

Strangest thing about the lack of matchmaking in Destiny, and the people who don't want it purely because that's how it's currently configured. Saw a guy last night saying that matchmaking was bad and he was glad Bungie didn't add it, then lamented there was no easy in-game way to find people to make a fireteam to go do events.

Saw a guy last night saying that matchmaking was bad and he was glad Bungie didn't add it, then lamented there was no easy in-game way to find people to make a fireteam to go do events.

...and you told him to lay off the crack?

If you buy the game, the Legendary edition is a no brainer, The base game you might be able to pickup cheap now but I've read that TTK has walled off a lot of stuff. Again, the DLCs may be cheaper now but the first 2 were bought for £35 with the second one £40. I believe the Legendary edition can be picked up for around £40-50 if you shop around. There doesn't seem to be as much grinding as their used to be, but it's still there. However I think if you buy the Legendary edition you can get a "spark" that boosts you straight to level 25 which in terms of back when the game was released could have easily been anywhere between 6-10 hours worth of playtime. You'll still need to work the subclass levelling but it sets you off quite well.

I'm not sure if it's a new thing, or because I just unlocked it (lol), but PoE has matchmaking enabled. Only for the base tier though, named enemies still require manual matchmaking.

Strangest thing about the lack of matchmaking in Destiny, and the people who don't want it purely because that's how it's currently configured. Saw a guy last night saying that matchmaking was bad and he was glad Bungie didn't add it, then lamented there was no easy in-game way to find people to make a fireteam to go do events.

level 28 has always had matchmaking but the levels above unfortunately don't, I have to admit I got bored pretty quickly of PoE but I'll go back to it at some point.

I think the lack of matchmaking is still stupid, with the ability to switch to fireteam chat there's no reason not to allow it. If people don't want to talk, you won't complete a Raid so eventually people will realise they have to start talking. I did a Vault of Glass the other day, everyone was level 40 with a mix of light levels and we still struggled at one of the stages to the point of wiping and starting again and people dying every so often.

Well I decided to take the plunge and I've got to say, Destiny is a lot of fun :) I sparked to 25 and started running the main campaign on Earth and the Moon, up to level 29 now.

Is there anyone who'd be interested in grouping up to play at all, or are there any clans etc in the game? I'm on PS4.