• 2 months later...

So who's actually pre-ordered or at least planning to pick up Rise of Iron then?

I pre-ordered pretty much as soon as I was aware it was available, I've always despised the whole DLC keep making you pay schemes but this game still has me hooked, I actually wish I had more time to play it :(

This is the first DLC that I've been actually spending time reading up on the various things coming, so I'm quite hyped for this. 

6 hours ago, Skiver said:

So who's actually pre-ordered or at least planning to pick up Rise of Iron then?

I pre-ordered pretty much as soon as I was aware it was available, I've always despised the whole DLC keep making you pay schemes but this game still has me hooked, I actually wish I had more time to play it :(

This is the first DLC that I've been actually spending time reading up on the various things coming, so I'm quite hyped for this. 

I did, but I've gotten my refund on it, <PERSONAL OPINION> The game just never really lived up to it's hype for me, I can't quite put my finger on it, but it always felt it falls a little short on something.

1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I did, but I've gotten my refund on it, <PERSONAL OPINION> The game just never really lived up to it's hype for me, I can't quite put my finger on it, but it always felt it falls a little short on something.

I'm a pretty big fan but I get why people don't get it. I always ask the same question when someone says they don't really get on with the game.... Did you have a solid 6 man raid team to play with? I would guess not and I'd say thats the biggest problem with the game. The best part of it requires 6 people and that can quite often be a struggle.

19 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I'm a pretty big fan but I get why people don't get it. I always ask the same question when someone says they don't really get on with the game.... Did you have a solid 6 man raid team to play with? I would guess not and I'd say thats the biggest problem with the game. The best part of it requires 6 people and that can quite often be a struggle.

My group (rather the group I run with) farm King's Fall hard mode in under an hour, it's not the group.

I just 'feel' the game was changed too much from it's alpha, then they took away some impressive weapons, nerfed others, and the last straw for me was they took away gear grinding.

(A little like vanilla, bc, and wrath wow gamers could confirm)

2 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

My group (rather the group I run with) farm King's Fall hard mode in under an hour, it's not the group.

I just 'feel' the game was changed too much from it's alpha, then they took away some impressive weapons, nerfed others, and the last straw for me was they took away gear grinding.

(A little like vanilla, bc, and wrath wow gamers could confirm)

In that case I do share your frustrations in that sense. 

I was just saying to one of the guys I raid with just yesterday, I remember the days when I would have specific armour for specific sections. So I'd run Helm Saint-14 and Bubble in Crota's Raid for the Abyss so we could blind the Thrall and stop them chasing us though, then switch to Inmost light because it had the heath regen for the Crota battle itself so I could get some health back if I needed it (hard mode no chalice). Now I have to run whatever is my highest light level and that's it. TTK has been out for nearly a year now and I still do not have a single character at max light level, all be it 334 because the way the gear scores work just doesn't sit right with me.

It also feels wrong that I can make more progress in getting my armour up in events like Iron Banner (and I suck at PVP) then I can in a Raid. 

I miss the elemental primaries from VoG and CE that would have made weeks with Nightfall having match game a bit easier, not to mention I don't even bother running Nightfalls now because the loot drops suck! 

TTK was a great DLC from the point of the content it gave us, but it also destroyed a lot of what made the game great, but I do still love it and look forward to the days we do manage to get a team of 6 ready for a Raid.

I might re buy the expansion, but it's £30 that could go towards another game (which pshhh's me off no end if the dlc only disappoints as much as the game already has) seeing as Ace Combat (hopefully not the abomination that was event horizon) is due to launch soon

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

I might re buy the expansion, but it's £30 that could go towards another game (which pisses me off no end if the dlc only disappoints as much as the game already has) seeing as Ace Combat (hopefully not the abomination that was event horizon) is due to launch soon

Well that's one thing I have always managed is to never pay full price for any of the content I've bought including the base game. I think this DLC cost me about £18.99 so it's not as big of a hit.

3 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Well that's one thing I have always managed is to never pay full price for any of the content I've bought including the base game. I think this DLC cost me about £18.99 so it's not as big of a hit.

How'd you get it so cheap? when I ordered it was £30

edit, I see it as £24.99 now on the store via my app, but still

1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

How'd you get it so cheap? when I ordered it was £30

edit, I see it as £24.99 now on the store via my app, but still

He might have gotten a good deal...  

You have to keep an eye on the price drop.  

One thing I see that comes around every so often from Wuaki is that they'll offer a digital movie for either £18.99 or £38.99 but it comes with a £25 or £50 XB gift card for credit. I've only done it twice (Fury and Mad Max) but it just makes things like this work out pretty nicely.

For example, right now its "In the Heard of the Sea" for £18.99 and a £25 Gift Card

Just now, TAZMINATOR said:

He might have gotten a good deal...  

You have to keep an eye on the price drop.  

Yeah, I might have missed that, been playing starcraft recently, ps4's just been gathering dust

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

One thing I see that comes around every so often from Wuaki is that they'll offer a digital movie for either £18.99 or £38.99 but it comes with a £25 or £50 XB gift card for credit. I've only done it twice (Fury and Mad Max) but it just makes things like this work out pretty nicely.

For example, right now its "In the Heard of the Sea" for £18.99 and a £25 Gift Card

Ahh, didn't know about that

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

Ahh, didn't know about that

I've only ever seen this for Xbox but that could just be because I never look for PS deals.

If you don't already, check out HotUkDeals - I find out about most cheap offers from that website :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Yeah, I might have missed that, been playing starcraft recently, ps4's just been gathering dust

I have FM5 for Xbox which it was for $60 and later, it got damaged which Xbox can't read.  I tried to clean it with cloth but nothing works.

I got another one for $20.

• Like 1

I still can't stand the raids, personally.  I assume I'm not the only one and it was reflected in their overall user stats, but who knows.

Either way, I'll be preordering shortly.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, ndoggfromhell said:

as someone who's 335 on all 6 characters and has no less than a dozen Tier 12 loadouts on each character I love the new update. 

are we talking about the same game?

I'll be pre-ordering soon, luckily for me it'll only be £5.

Got a £10 voucher as an xmas present and another £10 when I pre-ordered Re-Core from MS.

I know Joe is getting it too Skiver, so we'll both be up for Raids if your ever short.

I also need to do Golgy challenge for my last calcified fragment before moments of triumph finishes.

On 23/08/2016 at 1:34 PM, philcruicks said:

I'll be pre-ordering soon, luckily for me it'll only be £5.

Got a £10 voucher as an xmas present and another £10 when I pre-ordered Re-Core from MS.

I know Joe is getting it too Skiver, so we'll both be up for Raids if your ever short.

I also need to do Golgy challenge for my last calcified fragment before moments of triumph finishes.

Yep I think that's the last fragment I have on one of my characters. It's Oryx this week so it's another few weeks away I think.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:37 PM, The Evil Overlord said:

are we talking about the same game?

Yeah.  I've got over 3000 hours invested in my characters and another 1000 in one I just "exchanged" with a "friend" 

I figured out how to get the most out of the game with the least amount of effort and running 9 characters a week through all the content (or atleast the content I enjoy) isn't that big of a deal.  Hell, you can solo Crota's End.  VoG is still fun with a full fireteam (usually a couple people haven't done it before, fun to see how they react to it)  King's Fall is a procedural joke at this point.  Literally completed it so many times that I can run it three times in 3 hours on hard mode and maybe wipe twice per run, if that!  CoE with most modifiers isn't too difficult.  I skip it when trickle comes up... trickle is anti-fun.  Nightfall is a blast with average rewards, heroic strikes are now way more fun with modifiers.  I usually don't touch PVP unless its' for Iron Banner.  My buddy does trials on the weekends and during the week runs sweaty tournaments with his trials crew.  Last weekend he ran 28 people to the lighthouse for the first time.  Almost $1000 for 4 nights of work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'll be on XBone tonight trying to complete golgy challenge for moments of triumph.

So if anyone needs that, or wants to help, just drop me a message, gamer tag is philcruicks same as on here.

Happy to help others get their's after too :)