Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Star Rating on Forums

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I would to suggest a bigger star ratings on the forums that will give a more wider and more consistant rating of a thread. Instead of 5 stars, it will be X out of 10 and it could work like IMDB's rating system.

post-455563-0-41527900-1371495953.jpg

post-455563-0-44873700-1371496968.jpg

Posted

Would be great if it was used properly. I don't even think it's all that important seeing as I see threads that are helpful and marked 1 star and others marked 5 stars and is a derailed thread.

If we had the numbers voting like on IMDB it would be more or less accurate. Reputation/Likes does the same sort of thing and can mark a topic "Popular" if the OP has received enough likes ;)

Posted

Perhaps it'd work better if the star rating was replaced by a system based on the number of likes given to the first post?

Posted

Perhaps it'd work better if the star rating was replaced by a system based on the number of likes given to the first post?

That already exists, then a popular tag is added in the forum view and first post ;)

Posted

Unfortunately, it's a system that can be abused, like Neobond mentioned, the site's ranking system relies on users being responsible, only take a few idiots to ruin it.