• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 17 June 2013 - 19:08

I would to suggest a bigger star ratings on the forums that will give a more wider and more consistant rating of a thread. Instead of 5 stars, it will be X out of 10 and it could work like IMDB's rating system.

stars.JPG

star rating.JPG

Best Answer Steven P. , 18 June 2013 - 10:51

Would be great if it was used properly. I don't even think it's all that important seeing as I see threads that are helpful and marked 1 star and others marked 5 stars and is a derailed thread.

If we had the numbers voting like on IMDB it would be more or less accurate. Reputation/Likes does the same sort of thing and can mark a topic "Popular" if the OP has received enough likes ;)

Go to the full post

#2 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 64

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:51   Best Answer

Would be great if it was used properly. I don't even think it's all that important seeing as I see threads that are helpful and marked 1 star and others marked 5 stars and is a derailed thread.

If we had the numbers voting like on IMDB it would be more or less accurate. Reputation/Likes does the same sort of thing and can mark a topic "Popular" if the OP has received enough likes ;)

#3 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:12

Perhaps it'd work better if the star rating was replaced by a system based on the number of likes given to the first post?

#4 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 64

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:14

Perhaps it'd work better if the star rating was replaced by a system based on the number of likes given to the first post?

That already exists, then a popular tag is added in the forum view and first post ;)

#5 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:17

Unfortunately, it's a system that can be abused, like Neobond mentioned, the site's ranking system relies on users being responsible, only take a few idiots to ruin it.