Suggested content

The Evil Overlord

Hi guys, a question..

If I've posted this in the wrong section, please move to the correct section.

Also, please note, this is mostly just out of curiosity..

When opening chrome on most, (possibly all) android devices, under the search/address bar, a user can see a list of content that Google thinks the user might be interested in.

How could neowin get their content added to those lists? (If possible)

Skiver

Screenshot?

I've got no idea what you're talking about :s

The Evil Overlord
10 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Screenshot?

I've got no idea what you're talking about :s

This stuff, lower half, I see lots of suggested content, I was wondering if there was something neowin could do to get their content added. (As tech news is still news)

Screenshot_20171019-094838.thumb.png.1215f62ba688697678f62e9ca9e6c9f4.png

dipsylalapo

That looks like it's something to do with a user's browsing habits and Google's own suggested content. I'm sure Neowin already do what they can around SEO.

The Evil Overlord

Ok, but the thing is, I almost never go to those sites in the currently listed content, my use of chrome can be summed up to about 4 sites via saved bookmarks neowin being one of them, (I understand that using the search engine also counts towards that content being generated, but am yet to see meowing on those lists)

Steven P.

Neowin already gets listed on Google Now for suggested content and we have a decent ranking for search too (news and keyword search). It will be even better once Neowin supports AMP but like with many things, we have to wait till our advertiser supports advertising in AMP pages (it doesn't atm).

In fact this thread was found via a Google search too by someone having the same problem, and I only created it yesterday.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dydx123
      So, I'm looking to buy a GTX 1050Ti sometimes in March of 2019. So, is that a wise decision? Should I wait for a GTX 2050 (non-Ti)
      What would the pricing look like? My budget is strictly tight (at around $220)

Thanks y'all!
    • By The Evil Overlord
      I may be stirring a hornet's nest on this thread, it is regarding threads like these below

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1350502-not-interested-in-neowin-anymore/
      https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1349634-hello-and-bye-neowin/

I got to thinking, as I am defensive regarding this site, and it's content, maybe there's a better way of handling this type of content, if this feature already exists, then would it be possible to make it more obvious, as at a brief glance, I didn't see it.

So, my suggestion...

Would it be possible to make a complaints section where content such as the ones listed above, and make them only visible to staff members? And have staff able to look into such topics to confirm their validity? 
      (It would also help to keep regular members like me from commenting on the fact that the thread only exists because there's little to no other method of giving feedback).
    • By Farchord
      So I got an idea... On the front page, right now, we see the newsposts by 'Newest first'. I think it might be a good idea to have a way to also see by 'Most popular' first, maybe with some algorithm that lowers a popularity value over time (So a newspost doesn't stay on top indefinitely).
    • By David Murrey
      Hello All,

We all know that, in market plenty of mobile phones are there. But among those which is the best?. I know all of you using different brands. Let me know which is best. Comment your answers fast.
    • By LimeMaster
      Would it be possible to tie filters like the Mini Spy & NSFW filters to the user account instead of being cookie based? I ask this because a lot of people browse Neowin on multiple devices. I've also seen it mentioned quite a lot the past few days.