Do you like the new Neowin front page design?

627 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Neowin front page design?

Week actually yes, you just give it under the guide of disliking it, but it really is aversion to change

Worse are the inner that seem incapable of grasping the adaptive concept, but that's for another time

Uhh, no.  Its being able to read the site easily, clearly, and without a lot of scrolling.  I had to zoom out a little just to be able to view the page like I used to be able to and then the text was all screwed up.  Has nothing to do with change and more so bugs/issues/things done wrong and why a thread like this was posted so people can state issues like this.

• Like 3

NO !

With the dark blue background, the text ( which is a brownish color ) is unreadable . By the time one scrolls down to the botton of the page ( and the background gets to be a lighter shade of blue ), then

one can read the text.

thinman

Don't like how the notification area doesn't work or exist anymore, I have to go into Forums to get the old bar to come back.

• Like 2

NO !

With the dark blue background, the text ( which is a brownish color ) is unreadable . By the time one scrolls down to the botton of the page ( and the background gets to be a lighter shade of blue ), then

one can read the text.

thinman

You are clearly experiencing one of the bugs. Try taking a screenshot so people know what you are referring to.

Uhh, no.  Its being able to read the site easily, clearly, and without a lot of scrolling.  I had to zoom out a little just to be able to view the page like I used to be able to and then the text was all screwed up.  Has nothing to do with change and more so bugs/issues/things done wrong and why a thread like this was posted so people can state issues like this.

You guys are making scrolling sound like such a chore in this day and age.

NO !

one can read the text.

thinman

This description sounds like a known issue that is being caused by a rogue ad messing up our page styling. Steve's reported the ad, and hopefully it will be pulled soon.

i like the new front page but it feels kinda similar to other sites like the verge and engadget not closely similar but kinda similar

Quick suggestion...

Make an option to collapse (and remember the state of) the large "spotlight" elements at the top of the page. Maybe not to hide them completely, but minimize them to the text. It really is a distracting waste of space.

I'm also not generally a fan of the menu header being positioned fixed and collapsing. It would actually be less distracting if it was fixed and *didn't* collapse, just always being present and on top. Having page elements jump around is mildly annoying.

We would just prefer to not have to scroll as much.

• Like 3

Why is there not an "All Stories" view?

I currently have to visit 10+ pages just to see all the news :|

*bump*

Not sure I follow? The index is "ALL STORIES" I can see every single post today and yesterday on the first page.

When I go to www.neowin.net, it puts me on the "Top Stories" section.

I'm not seeing, for example, any software stories along with the other news on the page. They're in their own category only and other types of stories are only in their own categories too.

So if I want to see all of Neowin's stories, I have to go to multiple categories/pages :/

I'm not seeing, for example, any software stories along with the other news on the page. They're in their own category only and other types of stories are only in their own categories too.

So if I want to see all of Neowin's stories, I have to go to multiple categories/pages :/

Software update news hasn't been included on the main page for YEARS, aside from major stuff (Windows, Office etc)

Software update news hasn't been included on the main page for YEARS, aside from major stuff (Windows, Office etc)

Well how about an "All Stories" category, for those of us that want it?

When the banner at the top hides a big chunk of the screen, its annoying have to scroll down to see the new articles.  Believe it or not, not everyone likes the same things as you do.

Anyway, I do like the list view much better than the tiled lay out.  Enjoying the Darside theme as well.

Software news is excluded*, and has always been by default. We did have a toggle to include software news, we may add this back in the near future. Look at the heading under promos, should say Latest Stories

I can't get over how massive the 'promos' tiles are. The actual site content doesn't even start until halfway down my monitor screen. It looks awful. There's no reason the tiles need to be anywhere near that big.

I can't get over how massive the 'promos' tiles are. The actual site content doesn't even start until halfway down my monitor screen. It looks awful. There's no reason the tiles need to be anywhere near that big.

You don't need to repeat yourself...

• Like 1

Exactly.

Can you imagine the situation for those with 1366x768 screens?

Ridiculous.

I agree with panacea and Ice on most items.  Should have defaulted to list view at least.  The tile sizes are way too big and I prefer content to flow around them in list view.

• Like 2

Exactly.

Can you imagine the situation for those with 1366x768 screens?

Ridiculous.

What's wrong with it?

post-420821-0-11025000-1409006401.png

I like the new design, it's refreshing. The default theme header/footer background colours look mismatched but apart from that I <3 Darkside. For the most part, I think the team deserve a pat on the back... well done guys