Formula 1 Silly Season 2015

New Force India looks nice, much improved over last year.

Interesting the noses/wings are still mounted differently, Williams wing right off the front and FI dropped below.
Wonder what other designed we'll see in the next few weeks.

I have a feeling Mclaren will be using a different Livery if they dont four car's on the grid will look insanely similar lol...

Red Bull didn't seem to care when both their team's liveries were pretty similar. :p

Just regarding that FI shot for those who don't know - that is NOT this years car. It's the 2014 car with their 2015 livery on it. They're launching their car at the second pre-season test - so a bit longer to wait yet.

Not official but this is apparently the Mclaren Honda livery, launch is next week so we won't have much longer to wait.

2015-McLaren-MP4-30-picture.jpg

In other news, Marssia still looking possible...

Bernie Ecclestone is certain Marussia can survive after his meetings with its potential investor, though he thinks Caterham will fail to return to the grid in 2015.

Marussia cancelled a planned auction of equipment, which team boss Graeme Lowdon said the team could not return without, originally scheduled for Wednesday as it closed in on a rescue package after a interest from a serious investor. The team has been in administration since last October and missed the last three races of the 2014 season but Ecclestone is encouraged by recent developments.

"I had a meeting with someone [Wednesday] morning that said they want to and think they can buy Marussia, so that would be good," Ecclestone told Sky Sports.

However, the F1 supremo does not have the same faith for Caterham, which also went into administration in October last year.

"Caterham, I don't think there is much chance of saving them, but Marussia there is a chance. Maybe within 10 days I think we will be able to say whether it is going to happen or not."

It had been rumoured that Haas F1, set to join the F1 grid in 2016, were behind the bid to save Marussia. Howevwer, when asked if the American team had anything to do with the current rescue package Ecclestone simply said: "No."

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/189265.html#slT8rgIsI6vovSqU.99

Thought we were going with 18" rims this year?!

I don't believe anything has actually been agreed on that, I think the soonest it might happen is 2017 or later :(

Don't think this has been posted anywhere;

Regulation changes in 2015

As ever in Formula One, a new season brings with it a host of new regulations. ESPN rounds up all the changes which will have an impact on the 2015 season.

Engines

The biggest debate for much of 2014 and the start of the new year has been about engines. A loophole in the FIA's regulations means Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari's engine development will no longer be constricted to the February 28 homologation deadline. Instead, they can spread development over the course of a season, albeit restricted to 32 tokens on certain parts of the engine. Honda returns to the sport with McLaren but is subject to slightly different rules as 2015 is its first year with V6 turbo engines. Though initially it was to be held to a homologation deadline, the FIA has given Honda a concession and it will start the season with the average amount of tokens unused by its rivals at that stage. Another key change is that all four manufacturers will be restricted to just four power units for the entire season, rather than the five they were allowed in 2014.

Cars

image: http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/28400/28493.3.jpg

28493.3.jpg
The Williams FW37 is the first 2015 nose we have seen 

I don't believe anything has actually been agreed on that, I think the soonest it might happen is 2017 or later :(

Shame that .... the Lotus looked stunning with them on :)

lotus-18-inch-886x664.jpg

You don't like Lotus --- or the 18" rims?

The rims, just doesn't look right. You ever seen the low-riders with exceptionally huge rims, reminds me of that.

Also, and I know it cant be done, but the Lotus needs JPS sponsorship decals on it  :)

The rims, just doesn't look right. You ever seen the low-riders with exceptionally huge rims, reminds me of that.

Also, and I know it cant be done, but the Lotus needs JPS sponsorship decals on it  :)

I think they look awesome -- never been a fan of the high wall tyres used now. Will change the racing dynamics when they start using them - suspension, ride height, etc

18's aren't huge, my Ford Focus has 18" rims

The biggest reason I see a need to go to the lower profile tires with big rims, is it's closer to the real world. I know we aren't going to suddenly start driving around on slicks but F1 was supposed to be about pushing motoring technology which eventually filtered down to the real world.