Formula 1 Silly Season 2015

Just ordered 9 x VIP tickets to the testing in Jerez. We're going on Monday - Lewis and Jenson are both driving that day :)

Jealous does not come close!

I hope you have a good Camera, I want to see lots of stuff!

Jealous does not come close!

I hope you have a good Camera, I want to see lots of stuff!

I'll post some pics :)

I've also ordered tickets for the Barcelona race in May :)

I'll post some pics :)

I've also ordered tickets for the Barcelona race in May :)

NICE!

It's been far too long since I've been to a race, I'm going to get back to Silverstone soon.

I've tried to tweet Hamilton to tell him I'm good luck to him, he's won both races I've been to but I've not managed to score some free tickets yet :p

NICE!

It's been far too long since I've been to a race, I'm going to get back to Silverstone soon.

I've tried to tweet Hamilton to tell him I'm good luck to him, he's won both races I've been to but I've not managed to score some free tickets yet :p

Haha .. if only! Haven't been to Silverstone yet - though would love to go. Managed to make Abu Dhabi last year -- sat on the start/finish straight and watched Lewis tear away at the start .. crowd went bonkers .. really great atmosphere!

Haha .. if only! Haven't been to Silverstone yet - though would love to go. Managed to make Abu Dhabi last year -- sat on the start/finish straight and watched Lewis tear away at the start .. crowd went bonkers .. really great atmosphere!

Abu Dhabi is the race I've always wanted to go to, ever since the first one (and playing it in F1 games) I've just loved that track so much. I almost got a chance to go for a tour around the circuit when I was out there a few years ago but the opportunity never came, I did manage to hit Ferrari world though.

I went to Silverstone in 2008, the year Hamilton won in the rain, I was sat where on the old curcuit it was known as Farm/Abbey before it went under bridge.

Shanghai in 2011, sat on the massive snail curve at turn one, I've got a crappy picture somewhere of Hamilton driving to the grid with the back cover off his car when they had the fueling issue and only just got him out in time. 

While we wait for the McLaren MP4-30 presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obRgDko-IpI

Alonso and Button have some serious acting skills. /s

Part of me kinda wishes they'd gone back to the white, but before 2 years ago when Mercedes re-joined, McLaren was the silver team, Force India is also half Silver now just to add to the confusion.

Suppose the Mercedes is a bit easier to tell apart as if they stick as they were last year its more a matt silver than gloss.

wonder why no one did post the angle from which the mp4/30 actually looks best imho

MP4_30_Low_front_on.jpg

i think the car is pretty innovative. nose looks a bit like that one the mp4/20 and when it moves further up to the cockpit there is this bulge even with the sides of the nose going up a bit like that was a feature of many cars (red bull being first i think) in 2010 and was abandoned later on.

sidepods are impressive, smaller than those on the mercedes cars.

no idea about the engine performance ofc but if i had to do an overall guess it would be:

- great mechanical grip and easy to set up

- aerodynamics should be somewhere arround redbull/mercedes, maybe a little bit less refined

- engine ??? i do a guess here and say it will be very strong but not so reliable and only become a real contender in the 2nd half of 2015

- 2 or 3 wins for them like for redbull in 2014, all for alonso none for button.

wonder why no one did post the angle from which the mp4/30 actually looks best imho

MP4_30_Low_front_on.jpg

i think the car is pretty innovative. nose looks a bit like that one the mp4/20 and when it moves further up to the cockpit there is this bulge even with the sides of the nose going up a bit like that was a feature of many cars (red bull being first i think) in 2010 and was abandoned later on.

sidepods are impressive, smaller than those on the mercedes cars.

no idea about the engine performance ofc but if i had to do an overall guess it would be:

- great mechanical grip and easy to set up

- aerodynamics should be somewhere arround redbull/mercedes, maybe a little bit less refined

- engine ??? i do a guess here and say it will be very strong but not so reliable and only become a real contender in the 2nd half of 2015

- 2 or 3 wins for them like for redbull in 2014, all for alonso none for button.

The Abu Dhabi test they completed with the Honda Engine spelled anything but Reliability, in fact they were pretty much at a level Red Bull were last Winter. It's difficult to judge because it was much earlier than when RBR started their true testing so that could play a factor, however Honda have had a lot of time to work on this engine without having to think about the old spec that car's were still running like Renault had to consider.

It could be simply down to the fact they were trying to squeeze a completely new power unit into a car designed for a Merc power unit. Whatever it was, they need to hit the ground running next week in Jerez, no spectacular lap times required, just some solid running to get some data. I think last year, the teams took a good few races to get a good understanding on how to best manage their Power Units.

I know they have also recruited an ex RBR aerodynamics engineer but I doubt the benefits of that will come into affect much later in the year.