Formula 1 Silly Season 2015

Statement regarding Fernando Alonso

Posted on Wednesday, 25 Feb 2015 13:46 (GMT)

Statement from McLaren-Honda

Barcelona, February 25

Following his testing accident at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya last Sunday, we are pleased to confirm that Fernando Alonso has now left hospital. He has returned to his family

I'll just leave this here....  :woot:

Lotus signs Jorda as development driver

29185.3.jpg

Lotus has signed Carmen Jorda as a development driver for the 2015 season.

Twenty-six-year-old Jorda will "attend grands prix and Formula One tests throughout 2015", with the team confirming she will drive on track at some point this season. She will also undergo a significant simulator programme at Enstone.

Jorda has spent the last three years in GP3 but failed to score a point in that time. Before that she drove in the European Open Formula 3, where she scored three podiums, as well as Indy Lights.

Jodra, daughter of former race driver Jose Miguel Jorda, said her new role at Lotus is a lifelong ambition.

"It feels like a dream come true to join Lotus F1 Team," she said. "I've been racing since I was ten years old so it was my dream to drive a Formula 1 car since I was very young. Joining Lotus F1 Team is a big step towards my goal. I will be working to improve myself as a driver as well as helping the team to develop the car by testing new developments in the simulator; it's such a fantastic opportunity.

"I know this is just the beginning and the biggest challenge is yet to come but already being part of a team with such a history is a real honour. This is a great achievement, but an even greater opportunity which will lead to bigger and better things."

Behind Pastor Maldonado and Romain Grosjean, Lotus also has reigning GP2 champion Jolyon Palmer on its books as test driver.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsport/story/192667.html#0yo7mDRt8fGDZUSK.99

oh damn mclaren what are you doing to me?  :/

i was and stayed optimistic and then seeing button doing over 100 laps made me confident. and then came the last 2 days...  :crazy:

did they even run once on full power yet? 

I thought RBR were doing something "different" this year? It looks pretty much the same as it has done for the last few years

^^

Oh a little reading into her history shows she really has not been brought on board for her racing talents. This is nothing but PR of having a pretty blonde around the paddock and showing Lotus "supporting" women in motor sport.

ls5ByBA.jpg

Note which team used which tyre compound. It looks to me as though Mercedes GP have been sandbagging throughout the tests.

I don't see any other team being anywhere near them during the first few races.

ls5ByBA.jpg

Note which team used which tyre compound. It looks to me as though Mercedes GP have been sandbagging throughout the tests.

I don't see any other team being anywhere near them during the first few races.

Its pretty telling that Rosberg who we all know is very capable of putting a hot lap together pretty well, can lap the best part of a quarter of a second faster than others on the slower compound. I remember seeing the time and being impressed, I hadn't realised others had used the S-Soft for their fastest.

What I'd like to see, are a comparison of times people have been doing on the Mediums as I suspect that will be a far better indication of race pace. We all know Quali pace does not equal race pace which unfortunately for the rest, Merc had down pretty well last year too.

Its pretty telling that Rosberg who we all know is very capable of putting a hot lap together pretty well, can lap the best part of a quarter of a second faster than others on the slower compound. I remember seeing the time and being impressed, I hadn't realised others had used the S-Soft for their fastest.

What I'd like to see, are a comparison of times people have been doing on the Mediums as I suspect that will be a far better indication of race pace. We all know Quali pace does not equal race pace which unfortunately for the rest, Merc had down pretty well last year too.

We should start placing bets on how long it will take the Mercedes to lap the McLaren at Melbourne.

I say 15 laps.

We should start placing bets on how long it will take the Mercedes to lap the McLaren at Melbourne.

I say 15 laps.

Based on testing, they'd be lucky to still be racing after 15 laps....

FIA reveals details of new limits on Formula 1 helmet designs

The FIA has published details of Formula 1's new helmet livery rules, which will prevent drivers changing their designs during the season.

As AUTOSPORT revealed last month, F1's leading figures voted through a new rule for 2015 to end the practice of drivers regularly swapping their helmet colours.

It was felt that forcing drivers to keep the same design for the season would help fans recognise them more easily.

The latest draft of F1's sporting regulations published by the FIA outlines that drivers must have "substantially" the same helmet colours at every round of the championship.

This will prevent drivers running dramatically different one-off helmets, but does allow small freedoms if there are new sponsors or minor design changes.

A revised article 21.1 of F1's sporting regulations states: "In order for drivers to be easily distinguished from one another whilst they are on the track, the crash helmet of each driver must be presented in substantially the same livery at every event during a championship season."

Number rule clarification

The FIA has also revealed what will happen to drivers' race numbers once they are no longer competing in F1.

Since the start of last season, drivers have to pick a set number for their entire career - but there was uncertainty about what happens to a number when that driver retires or moves on.

The rules now state: "A driver's career in Formula 1 will be deemed to have ended if he does not participate in an event for two entire consecutive championship seasons."

Current car demos allowed

In other changes to the rules, it has been confirmed that teams will be allowed to perform a brief demonstration event with a current car once the season has finished.

This had previously been banned amid a widespread testing clampdown, but rules have been relaxed a little.

The rules state such a demonstration "may only be carried between the end of the last event of the championship and the end of the calendar year.

"No such demonstration may exceed 15km [9.3 miles] in length and only tyres manufactured specifically for this purpose by the appointed supplier may be used."

Source: Autosport

Based on testing, they'd be lucky to still be racing after 15 laps....

Just remember, that's what people thought about RBR last year too. Vettel might have retired but Riccardo made it to the podium, if only temporarily :p

Trigger. "Maintained it for 20 years. This old broom's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."

Sid. "How can it be the same brush trigger?"

*Shows photo of brush.*

Trigger. "Well there's a picture of it, what more proof do you need?"

• Like 1

Trigger. "Maintained it for 20 years. This old broom's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."

Sid. "How can it be the same brush trigger?"

*Shows photo of brush.*

Trigger. "Well there's a picture of it, what more proof do you need?"

Then I'm sure all the other teams will come out and say exactly the same right?

There may have been parts changed, but I'd be pretty sure that no other team including those with the Merc PU won't be able to say the same. You have to remember a lot of these "parts" come as sealed units, so you can't just open her up and change a single component.