Microsoft to unveil Windows 10 consumer features at January event

All the talk says that we'll start to see new features in December as they push newer builds out to partners first, so we should get a good idea of things before January unless they hold back from partners, but look at what's happened already with a leaked 9888 build. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we see a new leaked video of a 989x build before the year ends.

You might as well have said "I didn't buy a touchscreen laptop devices, Q.E.D. touchscreens do not suit laptop devices." - pure opinion!   Even with the slickest hinge or detachment mechanism, the device you have can only ever be a laptop - do you not see that?  So, do you also have a tablet..?  

Panay wants to know, he's getting more than a little antsy with people missing his message, and he's got enough unsold RT's to come around and beat every doubter with one...

Panos+Panay+Microsoft+Announces+Surface+

Yes but an android tablet.

That's great, but on a fresh install?  The default schedule is for 1AM Wednesday.  Did you install it on Thursday?  Does it do it if the machine is shut down at that time?

Thanks, but no thanks.  I'd rather have it done immediately and have a properly performing machine.

To actually degrade performance you have to have quite a bit of defragmentation which occurs over time. I don't think there's an immediate need. You'll have plenty of time to install and set your own schedule.

To actually degrade performance you have to have quite a bit of defragmentation which occurs over time. I don't think there's an immediate need. You'll have plenty of time to install and set your own schedule.

I had a massive amount on a fresh install on a drive with former installs of either 8.1 or 10 on them.

It depends on circumstances I'm sure, but I doubt I'm the only one it happened to.