Cop Under Investigation After Manhandling Pool Party Teen

I always do what the cops tell me to do. Haven't gotten in trouble because of it. 

Just because the kids were unarmed doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Most of the video contained one officer with 4-5 males around him (and a few females that could be dangerous if provoked). That is definitely a scary situation. 

....and people were more pre-occed with teh whole jenner crap. -_-

Theres no respect for the law anymore because the ironically the law has changed where they cannot beat the crap out of you like they did 30 odd years ago.

Remember as a kid you feared the law and cops because they could beat you for breaking the law?

Nope i don't remember it cause here cops never were able to do that anyway not since i'm born.

I always do what the cops tell me to do. Haven't gotten in trouble because of it.

Just because the kids were unarmed doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Most of the video contained one officer with 4-5 males around him (and a few females that could be dangerous if provoked). That is definitely a scary situation.

^ this.

Another anti-US/cop thread, just like the house raid thread etc. with the usual suspects ranting and stereotyping. Again, or is that yet? Hard to keep track. They blur into one continuous caterwaul after a while.

While the cop could of been a little more polite (all the screaming at the start wasn't really needed..) he didn't do anything wrong either. That girl was just asking for it.

And the barrel roll, lmao.

Plus, reading all the comments in youtube, wow. Makes me sad, "racism" "racist cop" - this starts to be an every day excuse for some people these days huh...

It was some kids swimming in a pool that wasn't theirs, which has happened in every American community where pools and teens exist, every summer since 1953. By just looking at the video, it could've been a homicide they were responding to.

If that's the cops typical response to bystanders of harmless teen shenanigans, I'd run when they show up too.

Aren't police trained to de-escalate situations and bring calmness and order? It looked like some of these guys think they're still in Iraq.

That barrel roll was so "Dwight" :shifty:

• Like 4

Regarding the video of the fight.

"Grace Stone, a white 14-year-old, told BuzzFeed News that when she and her friends objected to the racist comments about public housing AN ADULT [white] WOMAN BECAME VIOLENT. The Stone family said they would file assault charges against the adult woman at the pool who made the racist comments."

Also, this article contains other views of events.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/texas-police-officer-suspended-after-pulling-weapon-on-teens#.fbwN2y53r

It was some kids swimming in a pool that wasn't theirs, which has happened in every American community where pools and teens exist, every summer since 1953. By just looking at the video, it could've been a homicide they were responding to.

If that's the cops typical response to bystanders of harmless teen shenanigans, I'd run when they show up too.

Aren't police trained to de-escalate situations and bring calmness and order? It looked like some of these guys think they're still in Iraq.

That barrel roll was so "Dwight" :shifty:

It was a privately owned pool in a what looks like a gated community and there over 100 people there and were all told to leave by the people who own the pool which makes them tresspassing. Not only that but they were jumping over the fence to get into the pool which probably damaged it and there was fighting going on. As can be seen in the videos I linked to on the previous page.

So no. It wasn't just some kinds swimming in a community pool.

It was a privately owned pool in a what looks like a gated community and there over 100 people there and were all told to leave by the people who own the pool which makes them tresspassing. Not only that but they were jumping over the fence to get into the pool which probably damaged it and there was fighting going on. As can be seen in the videos I linked to on the previous page.

There are conflicting reports as I posted above you. Some say it was a public "End of School" party advertised on social media. Some people are saying that it was the woman who got violent with the teen, not the other way around. People are also reporting racist remarks such as the black kids needing to go back to their section housing.

I'm sure more details will be revealed as the story moves along. 

I did diminish it a tad ;), but that was not the way that police are trained to deal with those situations. I've seen college parties that were way more out of hand and with at least 100 people get broken up by the cops, and this was a display of unprofessionalism and irresponsibility, if not a disregard for the law by the police themselves.

• Like 3

Regarding the video of the fight.

"Grace Stone, a white 14-year-old, told BuzzFeed News that when she and her friends objected to the racist comments about public housing AN ADULT [white] WOMAN BECAME VIOLENT. The Stone family said they would file assault charges against the adult woman at the pool who made the racist comments."

Also, this article contains other views of events.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/texas-police-officer-suspended-after-pulling-weapon-on-teens#.fbwN2y53r

About that fight. It doesn't show what started the fight. To me it looks like the black girl has a death grip on the white girls hair and what I assume is her mom is only hitting the black girl to make her let go. Meanwhile the black girls friends in the background can be heard egging her on.

I did diminish it a tad  ;), but that was not the way that police are trained to deal with those situations. I've seen college parties that were way more out of hand and with at least 100 people get broken up by the cops, and this was a display of unprofessionalism and irresponsibility, if not a disregard for the law by the police themselves.

I don't disagree that the police officer in question could have handled things differently/better. I've said it many times in this thread. Still, he gave the girl every chance to walk away with her friends and they didn't.

About that fight. It doesn't show what started the fight. To me it looks like the black girl has a death grip on the white girls hair and what I assume is her mom is only hitting the black girl to make her let go. Meanwhile the black girls friends in the background can be heard egging her on.

Yep. We can't see from the video what started the fight. The report quotes a white girl as saying the white woman started it. It also says the girl was the only white person to be put in cuffs (she wasn't arrested, though). Again, we'll see if additional information comes out.

I watched these videos,  The cop is at fault period. I don't care WHAT the kids were doing, no cop should talk like that to the public. I know half the reason I did not listen or respect cops at this age was the way they spoke to me. I know this, if I made my father angry and he spanked me (he did believe in that, not a topic for this thread) he still treated me with respect and explained why without treating me like trash. I respected that.

A lot of these issues can be avoided by just listening.  You are told to back off, you back off.  You are told to keep quiet, you keep quiet.  Otherwise, you aggravate the situation and make things worse.

• Like 2

yeah, that is true, the way the cops behave is pretty important to the way they are obeyed.

i was one of the organizers of many frat parties.   neighbours called the cops on every second one, as it got out of control with the amount of people and people going onto neighbour properties.

people were drunk, and behaved crazily, chanting loudly, blocking the cops access to the beer kegs, and access to inside of the house and inner yard.

yet all of this nonsense (with 100+ drunk people involved, once we even had 250+) was usually sorted within 15-30 minutes, and everyone was threatened arrest and then sent home

by POLITE cops.   no one was slammed face first into the ground,  even though they acted up.     especially not 14 year old girls.    yes people were pushed, to get access to the house owners, but no rough behavior or disrespect was needed

and there were really only 2 to 8 cops at the most (8 cops were needed for 250+ people party, of drunk and aggressive 20 something year olds)

so don't give me this crap that this was the correct way to deal with the situation.    this were not thugs with guns or knifes.  

that cop needs an attitude adjustment. and while the girl was incorrect in not walking away, it was because of the way she was treated.

To Serve and Protect,  not act like a-holes, and shout.   The cops should be obeyed, but they also should obey certain behavior guidelines, if they were to be obeyed and respected.

Stupid to think they can act like bullies, and expect compliance in EVERY situation.

• Like 3

I said a lot of these issues could be avoided by listening to what the cops say.  I never said it was the correct way to handle things and that the cop was in the right.

If I am around anyone, cop or not, that is ###### off and on edge packing a weapon, I am not going to keep aggravating him.  That is just plain stupid.  And the cop was to rough on the  girl and only pulled his gun when a couple kids came up behind him.

If I am around anyone, cop or not, that is ###### off and on edge packing a weapon, I am not going to keep aggravating him.  That is just plain stupid.  And the cop was to rough on the  girl and only pulled his gun when a couple kids came up behind him.

exactly.   who do you expect to be more mature, and not be ###### off and on edge?  an adult professional with training?  or a kid who is getting screamed at and her friends who are protecting their friend?

the issue here, is that people will behave stupid, and police need better psychological evaluations, or some sort of monitoring of its members?  

do i know how can it be done?  no.  but i certainly hope people in the police force top staff are striving towards it :)

it is certainly more realistic then expect every one to be so scared of police that they shut up, and blindly OBEY.    and then expecting 14 year old kids not to crash parties and act stupid.

exactly.   who do you expect to be more mature, and not be ###### off and on edge?  an adult professional with training?  or a kid who is getting screamed at and her friends who are protecting their friend?

the issue here, is that people will behave stupid, and police need better psychological evaluations, or some sort of monitoring of its members?  

do i know how can it be done?  no.  but i certainly hope people in the police force top staff are striving towards it :)

My point is, the cop obviously had problems.  He was the only cop acting that way and seemed to be having anger issues.  Would you continue to aggravate the situation by standing around and mouthing off, or move aside.  Kids are lucky they did not get shot.

A lot of these issues can be avoided by just listening.  You are told to back off, you back off.  You are told to keep quiet, you keep quiet.  Otherwise, you aggravate the situation and make things worse.

It's true.

But a cop can't expect to be obeyed all the time specially if the people did not commit any serious crime other than not obeying the cops order. It's just not realistic.

A cop needs to keep his cool and professionalism even if someone ###### him off. That's part of his job.

Cursing at people and running around like a headless chicken doing barrel roll and losing his flashlight or something in the process doesn't resolve anything. All it does is escalate a situation that is already bad.

Honestly i had to watch the video twice to be sure who was supposed to do what. After the first viewing i was not sure who was told to leave and who was told to stay and who was arrested while trying to leave cause they were suspected of something and who was arrested for staying while they were not suspected of anything other than staying there. The teens did not have the luxury of a replay. I could easily understand than some of them might have been confused by the situation.

When i was young one time someone called the cop while we were playing hockey on the road in front of my parent's house. We were around 15 teens. We did not obey the cop immediately when they arrived. We thought we had the right to be there playing hockey and we argued with them for a good 15 minutes. The 2 cops did not panic. They did not start cursing at us. They did not lose their cool. They talked with us for 15 minutes and explained to us they agreed the law was stupid but they had to enforce it cause someone called. Usually cops don't enforce this stupid rule on 30km/h road in winter if nobody complain. In fact the brother of one of the guy playing with us was a cop and knew we were playing once a week and breaking the law once a week ;). After a while we agreed to leave (we had no choice) and stop playing hockey but we did not comply immediately very far from it.

We played again the next friday night ;)

• Like 2

It's true.

But a cop can't expect to be obeyed all the time specially if the people did not commit any serious crime other than not obeying the cops order. It's just not realistic.

A cop needs to keep his cool and professionalism even if someone ###### him off. That's part of his job.

Cursing at people and running around like a headless chicken doing barrel roll and losing his flashlight or something in the process doesn't resolve anything. All it does is escalate a situation that is already bad.

Honestly i had to watch the video twice to be sure who was supposed to do what. After the first viewing i was not sure who was told to leave and who was told to stay and who was arrested while trying to leave cause they were suspected of something and who was arrested for staying while they were not suspected of anything other than staying there. The teens did not have the luxury of a replay. I could easily understand than some of them might have been confused by the situation.

When i was young one time someone called the cop while we were playing hockey on the road in front of my parent's house. We were around 15 teens. We did not obey the cop immediately when they arrived. We thought we had the right to be there playing hockey and we argued with them for a good 15 minutes. The 2 cops did not panic. They did not start cursing at us. They did not lose their cool. They talked with us for 15 minutes and explained to us they agreed the law was stupid but they had to enforce it cause someone called (usually cops don't enforce this stupid rule on 30km/h road in winter if nobody complain). After a while we agreed to leave and stop playing hockey but we did not comply immediately very far from it.

We played again the next friday night ;)

exactly my point.    most of the problems like that can be solved by talking, and explaining the situation and the consequences.   this kids don't want to be arrested or risk a record.   

they don't think they will get it.    unless you treat them well and make it crystal clear.    not by running around like crazy and shouting

Absolutely. However, the same thing applies to the officer. He was running around like Rambo, violently throwing children around and drawing his weapon on unarmed kids - if anyone without a uniform had done that they'd be arrested. He had absolutely no respect or tolerance for the people he was dealing with and treated everybody with contempt. Police officers have to have restraint, to treat others with respect when they deserve none - this officer patently did not do that.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that the teens here were model citizens but there was no excuse for the officer's actions. He turned an everyday situation into mayhem. Was he actually intending to use his firearm against unarmed kids? If not he should never have drawn his weapon. He is clearly a danger to society and should not have a job in law enforcement. As I said, he WILL end up killing someone if he continues to act like this.

Nobody should be able to look at this and think 'that was acceptable policing'.

Absolutely. However, the same thing applies to the officer. He was running around like Rambo, violently throwing children around and drawing his weapon on unarmed kids - if anyone without a uniform had done that they'd be arrested. He had absolutely no respect or tolerance for the people he was dealing with and treated everybody with contempt. Police officers have to have restraint, to treat others with respect when they deserve none - this officer patently did not do that.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that the teens here were model citizens but there was no excuse for the officer's actions. He turned an everyday situation into mayhem. Was he actually intending to use his firearm against unarmed kids? If not he should never have drawn his weapon. He is clearly a danger to society and should not have a job in law enforcement. As I said, he WILL end up killing someone if he continues to act like this.

Nobody should be able to look at this and think 'that was acceptable policing'.

You're right. It's absolutely not acceptable. I'm not sure how you could think otherwise. Heck, his fellow officers didn't even think so. They weren't behaving the same way and when he drew his weapon (he was the only one to do so), they moved quickly to stop him. Why? Because, they saw he was taking things too far and something really bad and really wrong was about to happen. The other cops were trying to save him from himself.

I see people saying he was justified in drawing his weapon, because these unarmed kids in swimming suits could have been a threat. Maybe they could have been a threat. But, if he was justified, why didn't other cops draw their weapons when they saw the threatening kids? Why did the other cops attempt to stop him after he had drawn his weapon? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edit: Even the police chief thinks his actions, "raise some concerns," when normally police departments come out in defense of their officers immediately after these types of incidents.

• Like 2

Instead of using firearms, why not use the taser gun? They are not fighting with violent criminals. They are just a bunch of teens.

but...but they are teenagers only a firearm will stop unarmed teenagers .  when teens get out of hand here the moment the cops pull out the tazer they stop dead on the spot most of the time

when they are red dotted however they drop to there knees, its comical to watch some "hoddy wanner be gangsta" turn into a sobbing baby.

but i am not supprised to see this yet more heavy handed tactics by the police in america.

^ this.

Another anti-US/cop thread, just like the house raid thread etc. with the usual suspects ranting and stereotyping. Again, or is that yet? Hard to keep track. They blur into one continuous caterwaul after a while.

Moan all you want, your country's record for police violence speaks for itself.

• Like 1