'White, male, Christian able-bodied and straight' students are told 'to check their privilege' in poster campaign

23 hours ago, FunkyMike said:

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

We're using gifs to debate now? Ok.

tumblr_mli23gE8Y21s5lf2ro1_500.gif[

22 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Nice bit of discrimination there, buddy.

You can't discriminate against a majority that have never been discriminated against throughout history. So no.

22 hours ago, Hum said:

Proud to be White male :D

15 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

See, I use a different tactic.  I like to trigger then, make them really REALLY infuriated, then shut the door in their face or walk away.  Usually it takes the form of "Shouldn't you be in the kitchen, making my dinner?", but I've been cruder in the past. :p

Erm about being on a white male supremacist forum...

19 hours ago, T3X4S said:

So out of the 13% -  the people committing ~55% of all the violent crimes

I see this in lots of places, namely /r/The_Donald. Except black people are much more likely to be arrested for the same crime, convicted for the same crime and incarcerated for the same crime.

17 minutes ago, InconspicuousDuck said:

You can't discriminate against a majority that have never been discriminated against throughout history. So no.

Forum rules prohibit me from saying what I'm thinking right now, so suffice it to say, wrong.

Erm about being on a white male supremacist forum...

Someone seriously needs to develop a sense of humour, and it's not me.

And?  All that reflects is that some people are more likely to resort to crime to solve their problems than others are. Maybe they should try a different solution to their problems?  Take me, for example.  I have a job, I work hard to feed my family... and when sometimes payday doesn't come around sooner than I need it to, I run out of money. This is a big problem, but you know what? I don't solve it by robbing the nearest grocery store.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, InconspicuousDuck said:

I see this in lots of places, namely /r/The_Donald. Except black people are much more likely to be arrested for the same crime, convicted for the same crime and incarcerated for the same crime.

OK - Im going to take a different approach with you.  I'll try logic.

According to your statement above, you can't discriminate against something that has never been discriminated against.

By that logic, you can never discriminate against anything, ever.
Your comment says that something cant be discriminated against that hasnt been discriminated against previously - therefore nothing can ever be discriminated against - because there has to be a 1st time...

Your other post simply moved the goalposts.  I posted stats showing your previous comment was not true - you simply jumped the tracks and claim something else as a reply - stay on topic.

Furthermore, you said I ask questions but dont reply to anything - In my previous reply to you - I asked you a question and you simply avoided it - "it seems irony is not without its sense of humor".

So Again, I will ask you - what did you mean by your comment about me being from Texas ?

- Oh - I found a new avatar for you (got that from the original post - just for you ;) )

Capture.JPG

45 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Forum rules prohibit me from saying what I'm thinking right now, so suffice it to say, wrong.

Someone seriously needs to develop a sense of humour, and it's not me.

And?  All that reflects is that some people are more likely to resort to crime to solve their problems than others are. Maybe they should try a different solution to their problems?  Take me, for example.  I have a job, I work hard to feed my family... and when sometimes payday doesn't come around sooner than I need it to, I run out of money. This is a big problem, but you know what? I don't solve it by robbing the nearest grocery store.

Forum rules are protecting him from me, and protecting me from me at the same time.

FFM - you have much more patience than I do - its admirable.

• Like 3

According to Duck - being proud your are white = white supremacist

I wonder what his thoughts are on all of the vast many Black Power/Pride movements...

I guess it only pertains to whites...

What is it called when something only pertains to a certain group ?  The word is escaping me ATM...hmm :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, T3X4S said:

I wonder what his thoughts are 

We shouldn't assume T3X4S :D

In other matters:

5th place Polish runner 'won' silver medal in her imaginary whites-only race (POLL)

57bc67c2c461887f718b45bb.jpg

Polish Olympics athlete Joanna Jóźwik feels like she won a silver medal in her all-white world, but in the real world, she came in fifth.

Despite two European Championships and a trip to Rio, the middle-distance runner struggled to understand how podiums work after dismissing the black athletes who finished ahead of her.

Jóźwik told Eurosport that she “feels like a silver medalist,” even though she finished in fifth place in the women’s 800m final in Rio, behind three black athletes and one white.

And for those ready to give her a pass for bad math, she clarified her comment: "I'm glad I'm the first European, the second white.”

what is interesting about this article is the poll that the website conducted 

2016-08-24 (2).png

Edited by FunkyMike

3 hours ago, InconspicuousDuck said:

So you're saying white males have never been discriminated against? Ever? Not things like Irish during the Potato Famine, or during the Roman conquests of the British Isles (and many other European tribes). Not when Persia tried to conquer Greece (who had a habit of enslaving and then scattering conquered people across its empire)? Germany and the Jews. Communists and Russians during the Cold War. Catholicism/Judaism in the Roman Empire.

But no, you claim white males have never been discriminated against in history, so it must be true.

On 8/21/2016 at 1:23 PM, DeusProto said:

A poster encouraging people to think and raising awareness that caucasoids have historically been given advantages and given much more respect than minorities (and often still do in some areas like the south of the U.S.) is controversial? The truth shouldn't be controversial.

African-Americans are more likely to be pulled over for no apparent reason at all in traffic.

They get longer prison sentences compared to caucasoid persons.

They are less likely to get proper legal representation and get saddled with the worst of the worst lawyers.

They are incarcerated in the absolute most vile prisons while caucasoid convicts are often able to be housed at a more humane (relatively speaking, as all jails and prisons have inhumane conditions) medium security facility where they won't be forced to bunk with a sexual predator that sexually assaults them systemically until they are nothing but a shell. 

They are more likely to be shot dead by law enforcement than caucasoids being detained are...

They are more likely to not receive adequate medical care because of being thrown away to live in inadequate housing in an underserved area of a major city. 

Caucasoids are more likely to be given scholarships and admittance to ivy league universities. And also more likely to be invited into fraternities which gives them additional privileges in their post-graduate lives. 

Women are paid less than men for the same work and this is still legal thanks to stonewalling of legislation by conservatives.

GLBTQI persons still do not have the same civil rights protections as other disenfranchised classes and is oten not prosecuted as a hate crime when violence is done against them by anti-GLBTQI persons. 

In everyday language, people often will refer to heterosexuals as 'normal,' implying that there is something wrong with being G/L/B/T/Q/I. 

In multi-player games, GLBTQI persons have to deal with a torrent of systemic harassment and death threats whereas heterosexuals do not have to endure this for their sexuality. 

Non-Christians rarely get elected even to the state legislature, and in some areas like the southern U.S. they almost never even get elected to city councils. 

Not all businesses make their business accessible to wheelchair bound persons. And whenever someone makes jokes about the disabled there is still not enough condemnation about it from others. Also, conservative elected officials try to put up new roadblocks to make life more difficult for SSI non-SSI disabled recipients of public assistance, and insult them by implying ugly things about them. 

And those are just examples I can think of off the top of my head. 

There is a HUGE difference between raising awareness of valid issues and saying a very specific group needs to feel guilty.

As a white person, I do not appreciate being called a Caucasoid, In much the same way an African American would want to be called by the N-Word. Why are Blacks The only race that need the term African  In front of Americans. We are all Americans. I do not see any reference to Irish Americans, Italian Americans ? Using African American does nothing but further divide this nation which seems like that is the goal of this administration.

19 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

As a white person, I do not appreciate being called a Caucasoid, In much the same way an African American would want to be called by the N-Word. Why are Blacks The only race that need the term African  In front of Americans. We are all Americans. I do not see any reference to Irish Americans, Italian Americans ? Using African American does nothing but further divide this nation which seems like that is the goal of this administration.

EXACTLY !  Why the qualifier ?

I was at a mall recently and in one of the little thrift/gimmick stores they had all of those "PARKING:  This Spot Reserved for:"  signs and they had all different kinds of categories:

a4c704eabce04ed0ca132a425319519b.jpg

They had "This Parking Spot Reserved for:"
Irish Only
Russians Only
Mexicans Only
Italians Only
Range Rovers Only
Mercedes Only
Cat Lovers Only
Animal Rescuers Only
etc.

even had French-Polynesians, Samoans, - any category, ethnicity,  you could think of so you woulds place it in your garage space

Guess which category they didn't have -   AMERICANS ONLY

Because, you know, that would be discriminatory :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

We are all Americans. I do not see any reference to Irish Americans, Italian Americans ? Using African American does nothing but further divide this nation which seems like that is the goal of this administration.

Actually, I see regular instances of this sort of thing, it's quite prevalent in the US and, IMO, one of the reasons why origin is such a divisive issue over there.

So much for the "great melting pot", huh?

Just now, FloatingFatMan said:

Actually, I see regular instances of this sort of thing, it's quite prevalent in the US and, IMO, one of the reasons why origin is such a divisive issue over there.

So much for the "great melting pot", huh?

I do not see it anywhere ,on the news, radio no one that is white is called by their heritage origin here.

10 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Guess which category they didn't have -   AMERICANS ONLY

No it would not as we all are Americans, and that is all we should be called.

Just now, Gary7 said:

I do not see it anywhere ,on the news, radio no one that is white is called by their heritage origin here.

Maybe as someone outside the US, it's more noticeable to me?  Loads of you seem quite stuck on your ancestral origins. Italians, especially in the New York area.. Irish... Japanese... African, and so on.

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

No it would not as we all are Americans, and that is all we should be called.

A shame they dont see it that way.

Uh oh - I said "they" with a tone - 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Maybe as someone outside the US, it's more noticeable to me?  Loads of you seem quite stuck on your ancestral origins. Italians, especially in the New York area.. Irish... Japanese... African, and so on.

Yes they do tend to stick together but what I am saying is that Italians are just called Italians.  Not American Italian's ..etc. I am married to one and when you marry an Italian you marry the entire family.:)

5 hours ago, InconspicuousDuck said:

Here you go. It's a simple graph that's easy for those that have trouble with reality to understand.

lMMgvNz.jpg

34 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It's one thing to be attached to and proud of your history and ancestry, it's another to lord it over others. The United States has always been a melting pot of different people from different pasts, but there have been times where that melting pot was divided by that reality as well. Today is another one of those times, but instead it's about once-upon-a-time rather than now. White people were mean 50, 100, 200 years ago so pay up now (though no payment will ever suffice).

I mean... sure White's were slavers but they also died in one of the bloodiest wars in history to end slavery. But no, not even that is "reparation" enough for the black community. And I doubt anything will be reparation enough for these people who vilify whites merely for being part of the norm. All these years of being taught to not follow the herd, be who you want to be and now people have taken it to the extreme... if you can be attributed to the norm then you're the enemy. The oppressor.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2016 at 7:30 AM, DeusProto said:

It's going to take a long time for the privileged ones to make up for what they have collectively inflicted on the disenfranchised from 1492 to circa 1969 for most things. 

So... I guess any white person born AFTER 1969 gets a free pass to not "pay" for this "payback"?

OR

How about this: don't hold people accountable for other peoples actions?

Edited by Rippleman

7 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

So... I guess any white person born AFTER 1969 gets a free pass to not "pay" for this "payback"?

OR

How about this: don't hold people accountable for other peoples actions?

But how else do I justify my hate???

Should I put a sarcasm tag in this post? I don't know, some people have trouble telling it's there.

These threads always have a way of showing the real person behind the keyboard/tablet/smartphone. It shows the sad state of this world, and why progress is slow/at a standstill. Hopefully as we age, and die off, racism/bigotry/prejudice,discrimination, go along with it, especially in the U.S. Doubt it though, because these people are poisoning the minds of their young ones also. I am a proud American, but not naive enough to think that we don't have a major problem in this country, still.

• Like 3

Just now, JHBrown said:

These threads always have a way of showing the real person behind the keyboard/tablet/smartphone. It shows the sad state of this world, and why progress is slow. Hopefully as we age, and die off, racism/bigotry/prejudice,discrimination, go along with it, especially in the U.S. Doubt it though, because these people are poising the minds of their young ones also. I am a proud American, but not naive enough to think that we don't have a major problem in this country, still.

I am a proud American as well but I nor any of my family were responsible for slavery. It is time to forget about it and move on. The Chinese were also enslaved here. Who do you think built the railroads. The ONLY people that are due reparations are The American Indian. They had their land taken away and were forced onto reservations. The facts are that the Blacks alive today are better off due to slavery than if there never was any. Things in Africa are not too good right now. We now have a Black President, a Black Attorney General and many Black Congressmen. To say that White people are privileged is a joke. One is responsible for their own actions or lack thereof. If you want to get ahead you have to work for it and not sit back and just sit back and collect welfare. The man is not holding anyone down anymore.  The graph below previously posted says it all.

lMMgvNz.jpg

14 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

These threads always have a way of showing the real person behind the keyboard/tablet/smartphone. It shows the sad state of this world, and why progress is slow/at a standstill. Hopefully as we age, and die off, racism/bigotry/prejudice,discrimination, go along with it, especially in the U.S. Doubt it though, because these people are poisoning the minds of their young ones also. I am a proud American, but not naive enough to think that we don't have a major problem in this country, still.

Not sure who you are aiming your comment at so I'm going to reply anyways.

I fully acknowledge that we have problems in the US but blaming it all on systemic racism and white people is not going to fix anything. Because the truth of the matter is that most white people don't give a ###### and just want to get on with their lives as best they can. Most white people think that a persons worth is decided by their actions and not something that happened long before any of us was even alive.

I'm a huge proponent of the idea that black people are going to need to stop blaming everyone else for their issues and start focusing on their communities if anything is ever going to get better. Because white people trying to do it for them is only ever going to be racist and there is nothing we can do to change that. Words, deeds, facts, and statistics mean little when one feels like they are the unjustified victim of centuries of oppression.

For this to happen the first step is that #BLM needs to die a quick death and black people need to stop promoting the idea that white people are born racist (just like men are born rapists) and need to be taught to control our unconscious racism. #BLM is driving a huge wedge between people of the US and it's not doing anyone any good no matter how they try to spin it.