Why is Weed Illegal?

Ok, I feel sorry for people debating this - really, I'm a 14 year old teenager and I live in a country which is HIGHYLY drug oriented - Brasil, worst yest I live in Rio de Janeiro ,we are home to the most powerful and dangerous drug lords around, so drugs here arent really quite uncommon.

I know lots of people that actually do smoke pot, and its because they are low-lifes, they have nothing to live up to at all, they wanna be "cool" and part of a mob of people which have a concept which is completely ****** up, they are going to be sore losers in life - and will grow up to failures, these are the people that smoke pot.

Why do people smoke pot? To get "happy", or high, to be able to forget their problems, to be looser with women, to be able to do things they normally wouldnt do, same goes for alcohol.

Why smoke a drug? Why waste money on POT when you could be using it for stuff that could benefit you thousands times more?

Pot causes dependency, it is addictive - it probably will lead you to stronger drugs since its not like a cigarrete which addicts you to itself, maryjuana brings the need for higher experiences , thus - stronger drugs.

I knew alot of people that were my friends, they were cool people, well oriened, now a days, i cant stand their faces, they are stuck up and crack heads, smoking pot seems to make them feel they are better than everybody else, regardless to say they act stupid, they talk stupid, and they only like each other among themselves.

So really, my question is - WHY smoke pot? If I ever need pot to be happy in life, or be loose with girls, or just to be "cool", I'd rather kill myself, because if I'm going to depend off a drug to be happy and have a "good" life which really is just sinking deeper, than theres no life at all - really, pot is useless - its a DRUG, there wouldnt be so many movementes and laws against it if it were good, all these little kids and piece of craps wanting to stand up for their drug and crackheads, really - your debating against millions of people and organizations, movements, the government - you take someone wants to take your drug from you just for the kicks? You think the goverment makes it illegal because they like to prohbit stuff?

Geez come on they wouldnt ban something for no apparent reason, why ban something which doesnt do harm to people and have illegal traffic of it cause so many problems? If it really werent any bad or just as bad as cigars, than it would be legal just like the rest - if it is illegal theres a ****IN*G reason...

Well, thats what I think..got carried away with writing, resuming all this - pot is dumb, its illegal for a reason, grow up, have a real life, stop complaining, really.

Exactly, why not that one? Answer the question, what's the difference between smoking a cig and smoking a joint?

by smoking a joint you won't die as fast

thats pretty lame...

you can die pretty fast high from impared driving or a number of things in your daily activity that require you to be alert

again, have you guys ever worked or been around a pothead?... theres a reason its illegal

Ahaha, have you ever seen brain scans of pot smokers? even if they aren't as carcinogenic, it'll run holes through your brain like you can't believe.

The difference is, see if you can follow this, you only smoke a joint to get high. Get it? You can have one beer because it tastes good, you can have one cigarette for nicotene, you can't have 1 joint without expecting to get high. And if you could, no one would buy it.

Me <-- Never smoked...

I have noticed a few things about weed. I have a friend who is a civil engineering major and smokes weed quite a bit when he is out with other friends (the crowd I don't like to mix with) and he is doing just fine in his studies. However, I have another aquaintance who seems to smoke weed about 5 times a day. In fact, she smokes it in order to fall asleep because otherwise she can't. Now I know that there are plenty of arguments for and against weed but all I can say is that I've seen the worst and the best of it. I have plenty of other friends that also smoke occasionally and they lead perfectly normal lives. I personally do not like it and my friends know that and therefore never try to influence with it. However, I do think that what people do on their own time is their business so let it be. Now, granted, weed use does act as a gateway drug but not all the time. If they were to legalize weed, you would have a lot more people smoking it because not only will it be easier to get, others who were afraid of trying it before because of the legal issues would definitely try it now. As for the "don't get high the first time" debate, a few of my friends who smoke have told me this is usually because the smoke iritates their lungs when they first try to inhale and they never hold it down long enough to absorb the drug into their body. Honestly, if i had a choice to pick between two drugs, weed or ecstasy, I would definitely choose weed. It grows out of the ground and at least won't put holes into your head like MDMA. Either way, I don't see myself smoking weed ever unless I were to try it once just to know what the experience is and to inform my future children of the dangers and possibly understand what they may go through as well. Anyways, those are my two cents... I'll stick to alcohol as of now! :laugh:

So really, my question is - WHY smoke pot? If I ever need pot to be happy in life, or be loose with girls, or just to be "cool", I'd rather kill myself, because if I'm going to depend off a drug to be happy and have a "good" life which really is just sinking deeper, than theres no life at all - really, pot is useless - its a DRUG, there wouldnt be so many movementes and laws against it if it were good, all these little kids and piece of craps wanting to stand up for their drug and crackheads, really - your debating against millions of people and organizations, movements, the government - you take someone wants to take your drug from you just for the kicks? You think the goverment makes it illegal because they like to prohbit stuff?

i'm gonna agree with you on parts... but the part about not going to smoke it to get happy.... thats cool.... but then why do people go out to the bars and drink and get drunk in the presents of others

as far as the law goes now you can be high which is ok... only if you don't have the weed on ya.

well I think you would have a lot less pot heads if you made it more like alchol were it is if you test high in certain places or while doing certain things.. people wouldn't abuse it as much

Comparing Weed to Alcohol is a bad comparison. You can go to a bar where people are drinking and not drink or get drunk. Go into a room where people are smoking weed and it's going to affect you whether you're smoking it or not. You can get high on the smoke. There is no smoke with alcohol, and the smoke from cigarettes while harmful, they do not affect your judgement like marijuana does and will not make you high.

Don't get me wrong, I have friends that smoke pot, but they don't do it around me, and they don't do it often. I have no problem with marijuana as long as it does not affect other people.

you can die pretty fast high from impared driving or a number of things in your daily activity that require you to be alert

again, have you guys ever worked or been around a pothead?... theres a reason its illegal 

ok that was pretty lame as well all of which can be avoided with the same laws that apply to working while drunk or driving while drunk

yeah, here's an example....

over the weekend a girl i know had her first e, she'd smoked pot socially (i guess u'd call it that), and i asked her if she would take any more pills and she said she would. i went to see her the next day (i only found out she'd done it the next day) and it was dumb being around her cos she was still coming down and i couldnt help but think 'ur a fsckin moron'...and i basically told her that too.

there's an example of weed being a gateway drug....maybe its not exactly a 'gateway', but the fact is...if u make allowances for stuff, like: "well its only every now and then so that wont hurt", then a lot of ppl will make those same allowances for other drugs.

basically i think its sad that people take drugs, i could happily live without alcohol. maybe it comes down to education, i dunno. but i guess for some ppl who have problems, like a difficult family life, they might not care as much about the little things like their bodies and just want to feel good.

should weed become legal? i have no idea, maybe if it was then so many ppl wouldnt think its cool, then they'd prob. move onto other illegal things.

Comparing Weed to Alcohol is a bad comparison. You can go to a bar where people are drinking and not drink or get drunk. Go into a room where people are smoking weed and it's going to affect you whether you're smoking it or not. You can get high on the smoke. There is no smoke with alcohol, and the smoke from cigarettes while harmful, they do not affect your judgement like marijuana does and will not make you high.

Don't get me wrong, I have friends that smoke pot, but they don't do it around me, and they don't do it often. I have no problem with marijuana as long as it does not affect other people.

all I have to say about that is finally an intelligent point

good job!

all I have to say about that is finally an intelligent point

good job!

yep, thats exactly one of the reasons why you shouldnt be able to smoke it publicly....just the same as with cigarettes

yep, thats exactly one of the reasons why you shouldnt be able to smoke it publicly....jsut the same as with cigarettes

then how about legal in home use

marijuana also is a gateway drug which almost always leads to additional drug use and abuse

blazing up in your room with your buddies one minute and the next you're suckin dick for crack.

But that isnt true with everyone.

Well, if that's an intelligent point, then here's another one. It's illegal so dumbasses who smoke it and want it legalized get their asses thrown in jail.

Oh no, they're taking away my personal freedoms to be a pothead! Damn the man!

then how about legal in home use

well i have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about weed...so initially just out of spite or whatever i'd say no, but obviously when it comes to important crap like this u gotta be open minded about it. however, if u live next door to someone who smokes it, u can still smell it....the sh!t stinks.

God damn, if you're ignorant don't bother posting about things you have no clue about. Marijuana is NOT a getaway drug.

Peer pressure is the problem. See, thats what happens. Peer pressure makes people try weed and then peer pressure makes them try coke. Know your limits for christ sake... sigh.

All you potheads.. just move your stupid "Make it legal" retarded selves to amsterdam.. it's legal there

for the rest of you that know it's illegal and smoke here and there and .whaterver, do what you want

God damn, if you're ignorant don't bother posting about things you have no clue about. Marijuana is NOT a getaway drug.

Peer pressure is the problem. See, thats what happens. Peer pressure makes people try weed and then peer pressure makes them try coke. Know your limits for christ sake... sigh.

i dont think its a gateway drug in that u seek higher highs or whatever....i just think that for some ppl it allows u to make exceptions about what u'll do, and then mixing with other ppl who use other drugs, u get used to the idea of those drugs etc....being sad/depressed also has a bit to do with it

Whats wrong with legalizing it ?

Beer is legal and so is nicotine and both of them can be more damaging than weed at high dosage. Its not a matter of "does it really matter" or not. It has to do with the fact that I don't want to hide to smoke my joint while there's thousands and thousands of people in the world drinking at any given moment.

because it is addictive,messes up your brain,your senses;has a lot of really bad long term side effects...

in fact i have an uncle that used some some years ago and now he looks like a bum and doesnt work.

and also when you use mariguana there is a chance that you will move on to the badder stuff like heroine or coke.

Beer is legal and so is nicotine and both of them can be more damaging than weed at high dosage. Its not a matter of "does it really matter" or not. It has to do with the fact that I don't want to hide to smoke my joint while there's thousands and thousands of people in the world drinking at any given moment.

You're such a stoner.. move out of mommies basement.

Again someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Why should beer not be labeled as a drug ?

Why should nicotine not be labeled as a drug ?

Both become addictive to some extent after a while.

And just to set the record straight : Weed is natural. Cigs contain tar. Which one is the worst ? You tell me.

You should take 2mins and compare the attitude of someone who's stoned compared to someone who's drunk.

Well, if it was legal, where would you smoke it? I and a lot of other ppl dont want to be around the 'smoke'. So odds are you'd still have to stay in ur own house.

because it is addictive,messes up your brain,your senses;has a lot of really bad long term side effects...

in fact i have an uncle that used some some years ago and now he looks like a bum and doesnt work.

And of course this has never happened to alcoholics...?