Why is Weed Illegal?

Look, you can get high off of a can of Ready Whip, ok. This isn't an argument over drugs being illegal. It is an argument over where you draw the line and with which drugs.

Ok to clear up some things, First of all the amount of carcinogens in cannabis is lower than that of tobacco. I believe there is about 900 different carcinogens in tobacco(not 100% sure) and about 300-400 in cannabis(99.9% sure) and the tar,ammonia, etc levels are pretty much equal to the same amount of tobacco. BUT you dont chainsmoke cannabis like tobacco AND you dont get addicted. Heres also a few myths that can be dispelled:

Cannabis does not have a tolerance(or at least takes a while to build one, ive been somking for years and havent gotten one.) It has more of a reverse tolerance effect(my friends mom who has been smoking for about 20-30 years can get super high off a few hits.)

Cannabis is not much of a gateway drug...Ok i guess it was for me but i took the psychadelic way into LSD and shrooms which are much much safer than any dumb **** you snort or inject(no LSD isnt a drug that kills you and makes you kill everyoen ooasdfjoasofjs) basically if you go the route of coke and heroin then you're way more ******. Shrooms and LSD have 0% addiction potential(considering they wont work again until you wait about 5 days after you first took them).

Cannabis wont make you drive as bad as when you are drunk...DEFINATELY doesnt mean you should drive when you are lit just you wont swerve across a 5 lane freeway.

Cannabis doesnt kill your brain although learning while ultra blazed will be infinately difficult and longterm memory may be slightly impaired(not sure about that claim though.)

Cannabis DOES have a breakthrough period, or at least i experienced one. I didn't get high the first 2 times i smoked.

CANNABIS DOES NOT CAUSE CANCER. PERIOD. PERIOD. PERIOD. Im gonna stab someone in the face if they say it causes cancer, BECAUSE IT CURES CANCER. Or at least to an extent. My friends mom(the same who i talked about earlier) had breast cancer for a while but smoked alot of weed. It was cured,only to invade her liver. She smoked alot of pot before her passing and it did make her live far past the date the doctor mentioned and the doctor even said it may have been the THC that prolonged her life.

Possible true things

Fetal damage when smoking during pregnancy

Getting beat on when your dad finds you blazed out of your mind in your room.

Ok this was probably biased BUT one thing i can say for sure is, it wont kill you like tobacco, its more fun and wont turn you into a sad drunk like alcohol, and all kids about the age of 16 should do it.

do it

do it now

nownownwowo

and dont make fun of my spelling and say im a dumb retarded pot head and thats why i dont spell right sometimes, because thats just retarded.

also you can get about a 60-120 second high off canned whipped creme. In it is nitrous(n2o) the same you get at the dentist office as laffing gas.

quite fun if you're a millionare who can buy alot of whipped cream or just jack a big container of the laughing gas from a dental office but that will make you a scary drug person who steals stuff...

other good OTC drugs

ROBO

yes very good.

Ok to clear up some things, First of all the amount of carcinogens in cannabis is lower than that of tobacco. I believe there is about 900 different carcinogens in tobacco(not 100% sure) and about 300-400 in cannabis(99.9% sure) and the tar,ammonia, etc levels are pretty much equal to the same amount of tobacco. BUT you dont chainsmoke cannabis like tobacco AND you dont get addicted. Heres also a few myths that can be dispelled:

Cannabis does not have a tolerance(or at least takes a while to build one, ive been somking for years and havent gotten one.) It has more of a reverse tolerance effect(my friends mom who has been smoking for about 20-30 years can get super high off a few hits.)

Cannabis is not much of a gateway drug...Ok i guess it was for me but i took the psychadelic way into LSD and shrooms which are much much safer than any dumb **** you snort or inject(no LSD isnt a drug that kills you and makes you kill everyoen ooasdfjoasofjs) basically if you go the route of coke and heroin then you're way more ******. Shrooms and LSD have 0% addiction potential(considering they wont work again until you wait about 5 days after you first took them).

Cannabis wont make you drive as bad as when you are drunk...DEFINATELY doesnt mean you should drive when you are lit just you wont swerve across a 5 lane freeway.

Cannabis doesnt kill your brain although learning while ultra blazed will be infinately difficult and longterm memory may be slightly impaired(not sure about that claim though.)

Cannabis DOES have a breakthrough period, or at least i experienced one. I didn't get high the first 2 times i smoked.

CANNABIS DOES NOT CAUSE CANCER. PERIOD. PERIOD. PERIOD. Im gonna stab someone in the face if they say it causes cancer, BECAUSE IT CURES CANCER. Or at least to an extent. My friends mom(the same who i talked about earlier) had breast cancer for a while but smoked alot of weed. It was cured,only to invade her liver. She smoked alot of pot before her passing and it did make her live far past the date the doctor mentioned and the doctor even said it may have been the THC that prolonged her life.

Possible true things

Ok this was probably biased BUT one thing i can say for sure is, it wont kill you like tobacco, its more fun and wont turn you into a sad drunk like alcohol, and all kids about the age of 16 should do it.

do it

do it now

nownownwowo

and dont make fun of my spelling and say im a dumb retarded pot head and thats why i dont spell right sometimes, because thats just retarded.

You have to be adealer or something for the amount of bull**** you just tried to spread. Either that or you are just a complete and utter dumb ****.

That is bull**** about driving while high. My friends got me stoned once while I was driving, very very very bad idea. It was the first time feeling this strange experience and I just couldn't drive. I had no clue what was going on around me, and frankly I wanted to take my hands off the wheel because it felt like my heart was about to pound through my chest cavity.

I pulled into a 7-11 parking lot and just stayed there for 4 hours having once of the worst experiences of my life. I thought EVERYONE knew I was high and were about to question me about whom I smoked with. About 2 hours through the trip I started getting random impulses to start driving and intentionally steer my car into oncoming traffic and crashing into cars just to see how it would feel. I was very scared by these thoughts, and I hid my keys in the center console and wrote a note to myself "Never do weed again!" to remind me of that horrible feeling it felt to be high and driving.

And don't sniff whipping creme cans, that can give you brain damage and possible kill you. Don't sniff white out, markers, or paint thinner either.

Possible true things

do it

do it now

nownownwowo

i think just about everything in there is wrong or total BS

And don't sniff whipping creme cans, that can give you brain damage and possible kill you. Don't sniff white out, markers, or paint thinner either.

No look on the back of whipping cream cans. It says "Contains nitrous oxide" Nitrous oxide is laughing gas, the same used as the dentist. If using constantly, to avoid brain damage eat vitamin B12.

though if you guys say if we legalize it... then everyone will be stoned..at lease there will be alot of mellow people in the country and not as much violence

To the gateway issue - It's been my experience that the gateway occurs from the introduction to the criminal element that comes into play as a result of the prohibition.

Second... want to put drug dealers out of business and boost the economy in one fell swoop? This is no exaggeration, over 50% of the money spent on the Drug war is spent on pot. If you were to eliminate that single "enemy drug" we could hunt down and burn all the poppy fields in Afghanistan / Pakistan that provide a major portion of the world opium/heroin supply (and DIRECTLY supports terrorist organizations).

Third - We're not all gonna get stoned, and even so you wouldn't be able to tell. We're already among you and are productive members of society who keep our hobbies to ourselves.

Fourth - (as related to #2) I'm tired of my suppliers getting nice bling from my bucks... I would much rather my bucks go to health care and treatment programs for those of us who are too dependant on any drugs (alcohol, nicotene, caffiene, etc)

Fifth - Come on, loosen up and get your heads out of Nancy Regan's derrier, it was a social call that served its purpose and it's time that we view this with adult eyes.

SB

god i dont even want to think about how many more stoners would be running around if it was legal. my school has some pretty f*ed up ones. f*ed up but funny :p

i dont really care if it was legal though. still wouldnt do it. sXe

That's the best f'in thing I've heard yet! If it isn't your thing don't do it, right on!

Don't like what's on TV? Change the channel. Don't like what someone is saying? Ignore them. Don't like what we're saying? Ignore us.

BUT GIVE US THE CHOICE, we're adults (and soon to be adults in some cases) let us make up our own minds.

Good Answer Forever, hope there are more like you that can see beyond the cr*p and make up your own mind.

thats pretty lame...

you can die pretty fast high from impared driving or a number of things in your daily activity that require you to be alert

again, have you guys ever worked or been around a pothead?... theres a reason its illegal

Exactly.

Get your brother killed by a guy driving who was high on weed and drunk....your feeling for the two will be very strong. Trust me.

It is illegal because it's chemical reacts differently in your system than alcohol or nicotine.

username is 100% right...if you've been around a pothead, you would understand.....the 4 hours of cartoons and peanut butter is quite true.

but I like Peanut Butter

Sorry to hear about your brother

if weed was legal just like alcohol then there would be a law about no driving while stoned... and would that stop people...well it doesn't stop people who shouldn't drink either but the beer is legal

Like alcohol, cigs, dip, otc drugs, yadda yadda... There are always BLANK-holes... And yes it reacts differently, the same way alcohol effects you as compared to cigarettes. Apples and Oranges.

Yes, there are carcinogens but we're already paying handsomely to kill ourselves with carcinogens already. Also, I have seen alchoholic withdrawls, nicotene withdrawls yet when I go dry, it's not a big deal. Just another day...

Most MJ "addictions" I have witnessed were part of a much larger addictive personality, which again is a health issue and not one of criminality.

Don't forget your grandparents were probably "criminals" like us at one point in time. We've been here before and we managed to see our way through that fiasco.

Just my $0.02

~hasta

I think something needs to be clarified. Potheads are ABUSERS. They do not represent a "normal" user. They abuse it and use it more than most who touch it. The normal populus that would use pot if it was legalized would not "potheads." That is an extreme, just like an alchoholic.

Ever heard of "legal limits"

Ok, well after 10 pages of this, I think it's safe to say that there is no black and white answer to whether or not marijuana should be legalised.

The main questions that relate to legalising anything (and I mean anything at all) are 'where do you draw the line?' and 'who gets to decide where the line is drawn?'

There's always going to be problematic people who give things a bad name, for instance: people who drive while under the influence (alcohol and whatever else), people who abuse substances and people who are just plain stupid...which kinda covers the previous two types of people.

Everyone just try and cope the best you can with what you believe is right.

OK username i did notice some things that i exagerated, but you have yet to prove me wrong.

anyone who can use google or half and education can prove EVERY thing you said there is wrong... just go back in this thread and read factual links people posted

I am sorry but that post was just laughable, i mean, i went back and read it again and 100% of your statements are wrong... i really feel sorry for you if you actually think like that or have been misinformed or just that poorly educated

anyone who can use google or half and education can prove EVERY thing you said there is wrong... just go back in this thread and read factual links people posted

I am sorry but that post was just laughable, i mean, i went back and read it again and 100% of your statements are wrong... i really feel sorry for you if you actually think like that or have been misinformed or just that poorly educated

My favorite was the claim that pot CURES cancer! :D

first, alcohol and tobacco are social norms and a part of our culture

marijuana however, like alcohol and tobacco, is addictive and can impair judgment as well as physical ability, not to mention the health risks involved.

so are not healthy (excluding alcohol in moderation), and it is illegal to drink and drive

i don't know if you have ever worked with somebody who is high on weed but they are not much fun to work with, same with a drunk

marijuana also is a gateway drug which almost always leads to additional drug use and abuse

16% of marijuana smokers have ever tried cocaine in their life.

You don't have to try other drugs if you don't want.

Its funny , that 10 pages have gone by and no one has really answered warwagons questions, all I hear is that high people , driving are dangerous, weed causes cancer , over and over again, the question here is SO WHAT? Cigarettes cause cancer , alchohol causes drunk driving accident, why shouldn't weed be legalized along with those other substances, the answer is it should. If someone gives me a link to a news story were someone dies from a weed overdose I will change my stance, alchohol on the other hand kills people, my grandfather died alone in his house choking on his own barf from too much alchohol, all I see is people like username spilling bull, about how weed is evil, weed is bad, in moderation weed is no worse than cigarettes or alchohol at least you can't overdose.

Its funny , that 10 pages have gone by and no one has really answered warwagons questions, all I hear is that high people , driving are dangerous, weed causes cancer , over and over again, the question here is SO WHAT? Cigarettes cause cancer , alchohol causes drunk driving accident, why shouldn't weed be legalized along with those other substances, the answer is it should. If someone gives me a link to a news story were someone dies from a weed overdose I will change my stance, alchohol on the other hand kills people, my grandfather died alone in his house choking on his own barf from too much alchohol, all I see is people like username spilling bull, about how weed is evil, weed is bad, in moderation weed is no worse than cigarettes or alchohol at least you can't overdose.

The answer: make alcohol and cigarettes illegal. :devil:

Edited by DoeJohn531