Your Mac Hardware Setup

BTW, has anyone else with an apple notebook wished there was a cntrl button on the right side of they keyboard instead of enter so you could right-click easier? Wait, I just had a though, isn't there programs where you can change that stuff around I thought. Or is it built in to OS X???

Yea, I wish so too. I hate using both hands to right click with my trackpad.

hey i think its halirious dat you guys love your macs so much, but more than half of you have microsoft mouses

o well, i find it funny

just a thought :huh:

Congratulations. A well thought out and intelligent post.

:rolleyes:

Seriously.. its impossible to get on with a standard Apple mouse. I just can't live without right click & scroll wheel.

I *could* use a Logitech optical mouse but Microsoft Optical was what I had spare.

Yea, I wish so too. I hate using both hands to right click with my trackpad.

jaged - I am dead serious about that software. I thought it was built into OS X but I could not find it but I know it exists. It basically just replaces any key with any function that you want. I never use that enter button since return does the same thing, So If that could be a right click button it would be awesome.

I saw it in a mag, and since I have like 10 mac magazines laying around here, I need to go find it so it may take a little while. I'll let you know though.

My G5 setup. What isn't shown is the rear speakers of the 5.1 setup and subwoofer which is hidden by the chair. I might move the colour laser printer that you see bottom right to somewhere else.

Cheers,

ss1.

post-60-1067171240.jpg

jaged - I am dead serious about that software. I thought it was built into OS X but I could not find it but I know it exists. It basically just replaces any key with any function that you want. I never use that enter button since return does the same thing, So If that could be a right click button it would be awesome.

I saw it in a mag, and since I have like 10 mac magazines laying around here, I need to go find it so it may take a little while. I'll let you know though.

Let us all know man. Actually I remember using a program back in Jaguar that not only had this functionality, but also allowed you to assign a key to hold down so you could use your trackpad to scroll (similar to Pee Cee laptops). Alas, when I started installing Panther betas I got rid of it b/c it no longer worked (and hadn't been updated in over a year). I got it from Versiontracker.

Let us all know man. Actually I remember using a program back in Jaguar that not only had this functionality, but also allowed you to assign a key to hold down so you could use your trackpad to scroll (similar to Pee Cee laptops). Alas, when I started installing Panther betas I got rid of it b/c it no longer worked (and hadn't been updated in over a year). I got it from Versiontracker.

ya check out the link that kairon gave, I just posted it in a new topic and in the newbie guide since it doesn't really pertain to this particular forum. Check out sidetrack, it works very well and you don't even have to hold a key down, it just make the very right side the scrolling option. Very slick.

Saft and uControl seem to be not compatible with jaguar. I had problems with ucontrol anyway so I am not really missing it, just hoping they update it soon and then I will try it out again. I also emailed the makers of saft and they said they are hopefully going to have a panther version out sometime early this week.

Saft and uControl seem to be not compatible with jaguar. I had problems with ucontrol anyway so I am not really missing it, just hoping they update it soon and then I will try it out again. I also emailed the makers of saft and they said they are hopefully going to have a panther version out sometime early this week.

I read that the Safari team's next task was to add the open all windows in tabs function.

just wanted to let yall know im mad at this thread cuz i got drool on my keyboard, actually just wanted to say I went to a real apple sotre today not some crappy apple section of compusa. That was the sexiest dam nstore i have ever been in, they layout was awsome, that gigantic g5 board was cool, just need to get me a mac now

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from a road trip from Vancouver BC to San Francisco CA and decided to finally backup the rest of my stuff and put my PC away in storage. I am only using my Mac now. My desk feels much nicer without the huge monitor on it. Anyway, here it is. The photo's look pretty bad because the fake light of the flash, but you get the idea.

desk1.jpg

desk2.jpg

desk3.jpg

Something like that ;)

Update -

The weekend is finally here, the roomate is gone, oh yeah, time for some LOUD fun! :woot:

Sorry for the poor quality of the images, but you get the idea... one with flah and one without.

desk5.jpg

desk4.jpg

Looks nice Fusion! The only question I have is, does typing on a Laptop keyboard all the time, not become annoying? I used to do it alot when I had an iBook, but in the end i gave in, and bought a keyboard.

- I am bored with my setup now :(