16 year old youth beaten by police

I am more than confused why the hell does the boy attack the cop first? It's mind-boggling!!!

Why does the cop want to arrest the young boy? He is just a car passenger, not the driver! So, the license expired, but his dad was driving right?

Originally posted by nagaina

you are so right azazel- .....

now that the jooMedia has exploited this story to the max, you can rest assured they'll make us look beyond the fact that this is some worthless thug piece of scheisse, and that he's really a "victim of a heartless racist society aimed at destroying the black man!"

he probably deserves a beating for something he did in life and never received .... so this is just his past catching up with him ....

have a heart and thank those fellow officers for keeping someone like that off the streets !

How do you know the boy is a thug, someone who deserved a beating?

You are more offending to me than Azazel, man! :right:

The only reason this is an issue is because the kid was black, and the cop was white. Simply put. "No, it's more than that, he used excessive force after the situation was under control." Well turn on Fox on Saturday night to a show called Cops. The same things go on there, to a lesser degree of course, but cops can often be seen falling onto the suspect with his knees or this, or that. But it's not an issue with Cops because it was MADE to be seen, not accidently "caught" on tape. And if the kid was white, nobody would have heard about it, not even the neighborhood of Englewood, except maybe in the local police-beat in the paper. And this brings me to my point: Maybe, just MAYBE, this cop isn't a racist and would have acted the same with a white guy. It's not that much of a longshot. Maybe he had a bad day? Maybe his wife left him. Maybe he quit smoking earlier and was cranky. Why is it automatically a race issue simple because the kid was black??

JediXAngel: did you read the story you posted???, he was said to have "lunged" at the officer, that is what started the physical altercation

mat987: i like your thinking

Originally posted by JediXAngel

And you wonder why people ask how old you are?

Originally posted by JediXAngel

shut up, i trust the cops descision.. drop it already

you are so right azazel- .....

now that the jooMedia has exploited this story to the max, you can rest assured they'll make us look beyond the fact that this is some worthless thug piece of scheisse, and that he's really a "victim of a heartless racist society aimed at destroying the black man!"

he probably deserves a beating for something he did in life and never received .... so this is just his past catching up with him ....

have a heart and thank those fellow officers for keeping someone like that off the streets !

Woa woa woa...easy there hard charger. That's not what I meant at all. Race shouldn't be an issue. Whether it will be or not, who knows. The cop *appears* to be wrong. But I'm no judge, and I'm not on the jury. All I'm saying is that this should have due process before he's presumed guilty. There's two sides to every story.

And as far as him deserving a beating...that's a bit extreme, don't you think? I'm sorry that's how you think, but I just can't agree with someone who uses phrases like "jooMedia". I wasn't brought up to think like that. :(

Originally posted by username

JediXAngel: did you read the story you posted???, he was said to have "lunged" at the officer, that is what started the physical altercation

mat987: like you thinking

Yeah, but FOR WHAT Reason did the boy have to assult an officer?

Originally posted by mat987

The only reason this is an issue is because the kid was black, and the cop was white. Simply put. "No, it's more than that, he used excessive force after the situation was under control." Well turn on Fox on Saturday night to a show called Cops. The same things go on there, to a lesser degree of course, but cops can often be seen falling onto the suspect with his knees or this, or that. But it's not an issue with Cops because it was MADE to be seen, not accidently "caught" on tape. And if the kid was white, nobody would have heard about it, not even the neighborhood of Englewood, except maybe in the local police-beat in the paper. And this brings me to my point: Maybe, just MAYBE, this cop isn't a racist and would have acted the same with a white guy. It's not that much of a longshot. Maybe he had a bad day? Maybe his wife left him. Maybe he quit smoking earlier and was cranky. Why is it automatically a race issue simple because the kid was black??

I think this was definately MORE extreme than anyone I've seen on the show COPS before... I mean " The youth, whose right eye was red and swollen".

haha... gimme a break, i've seen much worse then that.

hell i've been pepper sprayed more then once and had my head bounced off the ground a few times by cops. its fairly common place

hmmmm.....

just as the trial for this young 'victim' will become an issue over race, so will this thread before too long ...

perhaps it's wise for me to refrain from posting unsavory opinions that might reflect negativity. even moreover, something that might get me banned from neowin. it's not worth fighting over.

sorry if i have offended any of you.

nagaina

Originally posted by twist

haha... gimme a break, i've seen much worse then that.

hell i've been pepper sprayed more then once and had my head bounced off the ground a few times by cops. its fairly common place

stop trying to act like cops are bad, you deserved what you got, if what you say is even true..

yea I saw this video on CNN earlier today. It only showed about 5-10 seconds of it so I couldn't tell if they beat his head on the car in order to restrain him or if it was excessive force. HOWEVER, a few seconds later the cop (I think the same one, there was a bunch, including a black and a mexican cop) punched the kid in the head, which looked completely uncalled for. So I would say it was excessive force.

Now as for this being a race issue I'm not sure, maybe it was just a coincidence..

I think is not important if he/she is black, white, yellow or pink...

The point is the excessive use of force, the brutallity...

To nagaina : Maybe you are little part of the "heartless racist society"... just re-read your posts, you are breaking a rule here at Neowin.

I'm wondering why nobody said a word about this, the rules...

P.S.: Just in case you're wondering: I'm not jew, black or "hispanic", I just think any form of racism is disgusting.

Originally posted by xRob

stop trying to act like cops are bad, you deserved what you got, if what you say is even true..

lol, i guess you where there huh, or your a pig ;)

exactly as the title states ... JHAres .... these are 'real' world issues. RACISM is a very real issue, and it's tearing this once great country to shreds.

i never once spoke out of line in any of my postings, and to be quite honest, i spoke only the truth about everything said. it just so happens that some may find factual comments to be offensive, and it usually tends to be those of the same persuasion. nonetheless, there is always someone, somewhere that is going to be offended with what a person says. it's just part of the 'great-debate', a forum that makes people see both sides of the coin and open themselves to new ideas.

if i'm to be condemned, then let it be from those with like minded ideas, not those who are against my opinion. afterall, not looking at this with an open mind is far more offensive than anything that can be said on these pages.

right?

exactly as the title states ... JHAres .... these are 'real' world issues. RACISM is a very real issue, and it's tearing this once great country to shreds.

Sure racism is a REAL issue.... your first post in this thread was titled:

"typical juden media garbage !"

Nuf said...

what makes that offensive ???

show me a Television Network that isn't controlled by one, and you will have my apologies !!!

and usually any news, whether video or print, in some fashion ... is pure garbage.

so what's the issue here JHAres?

and to be quite honest, i spoke only the truth about everything said.

YOUR truth....

or maybe you have all the answers...???

Maybe you need to know the difference between "truth" and "opinion"....

I'm not fighting too... just disgusted for your racists posts...

And I'm not blaming the cops for the colour of the victim, just for the "excessive use of force"...

so what's the issue here JHAres?

the mix.... "juden...garbage"....

Unnecesary... shows your point of view... it's obvious....

Edit:

To be CLEAR, why you don't used simply "typical media garbage", and used "typical JUDEN media garbage"....???

oh christ JHA,

i'm by no means a racist! i am however, very imformed of the media practice that pollutes the minds of our American youth.

i figured colour would become an issue, this is why i stopped before someone took my words out of context.

thank you JHA, thank you for reading between the lines and coming to these conclusions. i'm ready for my execution!

BTW ... when did the word juden become offensive? i've never heard of it being a derogatory slang? i'm a gentile, the Bible says so, .... now is that offensive???

Before this becomes an even bigger issue .... you win ... JHAres, you win.

this lady will kindly step aside.

wow, some people are pretty uptight here i can see that from the get go. there is no need to attack nagaina for her views...for one: You simply don't know them, and for two: It's none of your business in the first place....she didn't force it down your throat. This is a discussion thread let's not turn it into an "Your a racist" "No, I have black friends" thread. A kid got punched by a cop. THAT should be a topic. But in America, it is "Black kid punched by white cop." Well, that's rediculous. Everybody is tip -toeing these days because anything can be described as racist. If a called a black person a jerk...I'd be termed a racist, even if he were the biggest jerk in the world. It can be best summed up like this: and if this is too blunt for anyone, im sorry but it's my humble opinion: That white cop never owned a slave. Why is he being persecuted for something his anscestors did? It's simply something taken and bent so out of proportion that its done a total 180. I will never treat a black person BETTER than a white person simply because something happened i have no control of. And I don't expect blacks to treat me any different either. For the most part, the whole racial issue today is a fueled by stupidity and run by the media. The cop should be prosecuted for being to rough with the individual, not for something his anscestors did !

mat987: If you're talking to me, I'm not talking about "cop racism", re-read my posts... The "racism" off-topic was an issue between nagaina and me.

nagaina: I'm not trying to "win"... is not my intention, I just read your posts and looked racists to me...

The word "juden" is not english, is german... I'm sure you know now what was my interpretation.

Because I don't know you, I must believe in your affirmation you are not racist, but maybe you must do a better choice using the words, because some "distrustful" person (like me) can made conclusions.

If I'm wrong about you, I really apologize, I'm not a fighting person, but I react when something displeased me.

Everytime there is a hot topic such as this the mudslinging, insults, and namecalling begins. It seems that we can never have a peaceful debate on here w/o letting our emotions get the best of us. I am glad that nagaina and JHAres have apparently sorted things out, but please people, don't let your emotions get the best of you. I would like to see a meaningful discussion that does not turn into a flame war. When we figure out how to do that I think we could win an award........:rolleyes: