16 year old youth beaten by police

Originally posted by codyg11

Everytime there is a hot topic such as this the mudslinging, insults, and namecalling begins. It seems that we can never have a peaceful debate on here w/o letting our emotions get the best of us. I am glad that nagaina and JHAres have apparently sorted things out, but please people, don't let your emotions get the best of you. I would like to see a meaningful discussion that does not turn into a flame war. When we figure out how to do that I think we could win an award........:rolleyes:

Sure was a "hot" conversation, but I think I not insulted anyone here, and not flamming too... I was stating about "racist" words or commentaries, but never called "racist" to nagaina, is not "my style" to put tags to the people.

About the award: I'm very glad to see your continuous efforts to avoid confrontations... maybe you gonna win that medal... ;)

Jhares: I was just responding to what I read in this post...I'm relatively new to the boards and wasn't aware of any prior conversations between you and nag. my apologies.

Originally posted by mat987

Jhares: I was just responding to what I read in this post...I'm relatively new to the boards and wasn't aware of any prior conversations between you and nag. my apologies.

Forget it... ;)

BTW, you're right...

Originally posted by mat987

A kid got punched by a cop. THAT should be a topic.

I was trying to said exactly that... and I had the same tought about the thread title...

Thread title has been edited to remove racial prejudice - Keldyn

I strongly recommend we stop the attack here people. Cool it and let's move on. Discuss without the mudslinging please. I urge you all to think carefully before you post.

I was cool, I think every word I write, and never "mudslinging" nobody... :right:

Edit:

P.S.: I'm out of this thread from now...

Edit2:

The "defense" or "cooling" started when was clear nagaina was female... strange... no...???

Originally posted by JHAres

I was cool, I think every word I write, and never "mudslinging" nobody... :right:

JHAres relax. I understand and appreciate that you were trying to bring some sense of order to the thread. From reading this i can see that you were conducting yourself maturely and responsibly. No one is blaming you.

Your entire post, in my opinion was racist. We can do without such terms as "<< racial epithet >>" and statements such as "black police, - if there are any.."

-Keldyn :right:

Originally posted by Keldyn

JHAres relax. I understand and appreciate that you were trying to bring some sense of order to the thread. From reading this i can see that you were conducting yourself maturely and responsibly. No one is blaming you.

Ok... *lighting a cigarette*... relaxing now... :rolleyes:

Because of the authority granted Police Officers in our country we have every right to expect and demand a higher standard of conduct from them. The "Use of Force Continuum" compels any officer to use THE MINIMUM amount of force necessary to maintain the peace. While we must recognize that Police Officer's are human, there is no reason, no justification, no rationale that could be used to explain how it is OK to physically assault a person once in custody.

The little slam on the trunk is probably no big deal . . . adrenealine has it's downside. But the supervisor (There was one there I saw him) should have nipped it in the bud right there and pulled that cop off the arrest. Take him aside and say hey "Joe" go have a seat in your squad for a couple and get a handle on things . . . no big deal . . . just a little time out from it.

Once a person is in custody, the fight is over . . . period. Regardless of what the suspect might say or do. If he spits, then he should be masked, if he's talking trash he should be ignored. Once we say that the administration of "Street Justice" is acceptable then we dispose of the presumption of innocence, which is the foundation of our judicial system.

The Department I work for has cameras in EVERY car. All arrests are videotaped as far as is humanly possible. The cop in this situation should be disciplined AFTER the I.A. investigation. He should get some days off without pay, and if he's a repeat then he needs to be terminated. The supervisior who was on the scene needs to get his backside chewed for not having control over this arrest.

What this video showed was an officer who placed his passions before his principals . . . Stuuu-pid.

JMHO

-TR

cant be assed reading all this and my tv blew up and nearly killed me 3 days ago so i havent seen any tv or news.....

but theres lots of 16 year old twats around just becuase hes 16 doesnt make him inocennt i know a 16 year old who robs old women robs cars and is a complete knob head and wouldnt mind the police or someone kicking the **** out of him :)

This story is very disturbing.

From the video that I saw on CNN, it looked as if one officer had this kid in the air, and literally carried him over to the front of the vehical with the handcufs on, and slammed him into it... the boy was not even struggling... it was all totally uncalled for... not only is it a form of police brutality, but also a form of child abuse, in my opinion.

I don't believe he deserved it at all... anyone who would condone the abuse of a child, and the display of brutality by a police officer has some issues, I think. What have we come to if we are applauding police officers for beating up 16-year-old kids? Granted, police officers are going to get stressed, but that does not justify any form of brutality, and it does not dismiss the seriousness of this issue. There are many ways to relieve stress that do not involve harming another human being, and if the stress is that bad on a certain police officer where he/she wants to harm someone, then perhaps he/she should find a new line of work. It's not an easy job, which is why it takes people who are mentally and emotionally strong to do it... not those who are easily going to "snap".

There are a lot of police officers who should not be police officers... and I always wonder why and how they were ever given a badge.

I'm so tired of violence... :dead:

Originally posted by LVirus

Your entire post, in my opinion was racist. We can do without such terms as "******" and statements such as "black police, - if there are any.."

-Keldyn :right:

umm might wanna edit your own past keldyn ;)

That news made me angry, it reck my hole dam freaking day! Stupid ###### cop, hand cuffs a retarted kid and hits him too.. wtf, how shameful. :dead: :dead: :hurt: :hurt:

What i think should happen.

1.Cop should bend over and let the dad give him punches and drag him by the neck.

2.Dad grabs the cops son about same age and do same damage

:ninja:

OK now some real ones.

1.Cop spends about a year or so in jail (now lets see him get bashed in there) take him out and make him do community service. Also instead of government/whatever/ paying for what the family is sueing, make the cop pay all of it.

:evil:

Off to sleep. :disappoin

Originally posted by JHAres

Have you heard about the "excessive use of force"...???

Sure you need some force to control the subject, but no smash his/her head when the situation is controlled.

FYI, I have cops in my family, high range.

You're family obviously must be border patrol between the US and Canada.. fun job.. wow.. I have family that polices Phoenix and Souther California.. Ive seen this before..

Look, the point is people.. when words such as "apparently this or that happened" are used, it makes you think. The media is known for lying 90% of the time in stories to get everyone hyped up. You don't even know if you saw the whole clip of the supposed "videotape." You don't know what went on before hand, the person's criminal background, etc. If you want to rave on about excessive force.. well I have news for you people.. it's the real world. If they don't get the point through, ignorant people will keep on doing the same things over and over. Nor am I saying it is right to go all out, but I don't think any of you have seen anything outside of the show "Cops." First you cry because of Sept. 11th and how security needs to be upped but then you whine about a cop doing his job? Please don't rant on about it being racist either.. cops do the same things to whites, hispanics, and the whole field of race and color. Sorry, but some of you have never seen to light of the day and how this world really works in order to keep people under control. You may think I sound ignorant, but hey, its my opinion.

Argh, some people here just are Very Rude, and ignorant!!! I was asked how young I am, as if I am immature. :right:

AM I? Was I wrong about the case being racist?

Maybe I was, but the news reports that this is indeed a racist motivated arrest.

Asked if he thought the attack was racially motivated, Donovan's father said, "Yes, I do."

Said Hopkins: "One of the officers said to him, 'You're going to jail, << racial epithet >>. We've already beat your son's ass and now we're sending you to jail. I'm going home and if I see you on the street, I'm going to send you to jail.' "

Hmmmm, I am not ruling out that be a lie either.

However, I think this could be easily proved or disproved by a witness who saw the arrest and have heard everything.

We'll have a Civil Trial coming... Stay tuned!!!

i hate this... this is why i think the internet is the greatest tool ever created.. we exist here, with no prejudeces, no age, skin colour, religion, sex, everything like that... all we have here, is intelegence.. which is a very powerfull thing.. i would love to see the day where when people look at another person, they just see them, not as a catagory, blacks, whites, jews, christians, hindus, feminist, etc... know what i mean.. this kinda stuff sickens me when it gets manipulated..

Originally posted by Gergith

i hate this... this is why i think the internet is the greatest tool ever created.. we exist here, with no prejudeces, no age, skin colour, religion, sex, everything like that... all we have here, is intelegence..

You actually contradicted yourself. If you posted this, surely there's no intelligence. Just by reading this thread you should have noted that almost every one is flaming the others.

Grow up kid. Remember that if a person is stupid, arrogant and egocentrical, it is everytime and everywhere. :right:

Cops already are disliked just because they are cops yet they are here to keep things running somewhat good in the world.

People **** me off a lot in my life time and unless this "camera" knows exactly what was said (I didnt bother to read the article or look at the video) you can't put a label on an officer. If this kid was acting like an ass, I can see where he was coming from and I, not being a police officer would have probably done the same thing regardless of what color he is.

True, using excessive force is wrong. Not to justify him doing it but i'm sure the kid was either being a prick or just downright disrespectful and rude and it really ****ed the cop off. Cops do have a right to get angry you know. Yes, they are trusted by everyone to do their job so he should have held his anger in for a punching bag or something but the guy slipped up. It happens.

Originally posted by dean

cops suck

Yes, all cops suck. Down with law enforcement. :right:

As far as this case goes...I don't think we're getting the whole picture. Parts were "not caught on tape", and one of the four police officers was black too...hard to say.

but i'm sure the kid was either being a prick or just downright disrespectful and rude and it really ****ed the cop off
And, how do you know for sure, the kid was being disrespectful and rude?

Seems like pre-judged to me :right:

Cops do have a right to get angry you know. Yes, they are trusted by everyone to do their job so he should have held his anger in for a punching bag or something but the guy slipped up. It happens.

NO. The Cop has no right to beat an Unarmed 'Retarded' Kid, especially after he was already cuffed. NOT WHATSOEVER!

Originally posted by JediXAngel

Seems like pre-judged to me :right:

As it's pre-judged that if the cop is white skinned and the suspect is black it's called racism, even if both didn't do anything. C'mon that's plain bull****.