Latest Japanese Hardware Sales

Compared to GameCube's 1000, and PS2's 20000 :woot:

It must be because no one actually stocks the Xbox anymore.

It's quite amazing that both DS and DS Lite are in the top 3 :rofl:

^ FYI that's not only in Japan, most people I know who had the original big PS2 have already replaced it with PS2 slim as it costs almost half as much to fix it so they rather upgrade to the slim one for a not that high price. Ebay can't be used from here, at least for most people and there is not a big market for defective electronics around here. I was going for PS2 myself and I would if the price hadn't increased around here. However most other countries the price has decreased making it a very cheap way to finally play the few exclusives you missed from your favorite console or the PC.

It's not the fault of Sony... everything has been increasing in general, for example now most console games cost $80 no matter if they are PS2 Xbox or 360. Antartica is not in Europe :)

It's not the fault of Sony... everything has been increasing in general, for example now most console games cost $80 no matter if they are PS2 Xbox or 360. Antartica is not in Europe :)

That sucks, although it's not too far from what we pay for new games. Sales help though. Antarctica was a joke, I didn't know you were in Europe. But surely the older titles don't cost $80?

xbox 360 moves up one in the ranking! it's slowly being accepted by Japanese.. a good sign of things to come!

Yeah, that is a good sign. I mean, if Xbox products starts moving up in Japan, that would be a HUGE step for MS.

June 19 - 25

DSL - 157,022 (2,486,643)

PS2 - 25,467 (737,113)

PSP - 24,737 (895,004)

DS - 10,132 (902,788)

GBASP - 3,784 (163,776)

GBM - 1,502 (101,937)

GC - 1,197 (54,534)

Xbox360 - 1,169 (55,514)

GBA - 25 (1,634)

Xbox - 10 (2,792)

GBASP, GBM and GameCube all outsold the Xbox 360 :o

And both DSL and DS are in the top 5 :woot:

And which stores stock those few remaining Xboxes and GBAs?? :wacko:

I cant believe the DS still has so much momentum. Its probably going to stay strong right up through the holidays and it will blast off again o_o

GBASP, GBM and GameCube all outsold the Xbox 360 :o

And both DSL and DS are in the top 5 :woot:

And which stores stock those few remaining Xboxes and GBAs?? :wacko:

Common now, is that really a surprise?

Also suprising is a next gen console being outsold out by a 6 year old console by about 25 times week after week. It may be much cheaper, but it's six years old ;)

Also suprising is a next gen console being outsold out by a 6 year old console by about 25 times week after week. It may be much cheaper, but it's six years old ;)

You sure like to post that same comment over and over and over, don't ya.

Most of Japan is almost certainly waiting for the PS3. It will be interesting to see what happens to the 360 if the PS3 flops.

You sure like to post that same comment over and over and over, don't ya.

Most of Japan is almost certainly waiting for the PS3. It will be interesting to see what happens to the 360 if the PS3 flops.

It will still sell less than the PS3.

Thats bloody-plain-obvious. You reiterating that for x number of times means you are looking for "fulfillment" in the wrong place. :rofl: