Latest Japanese Hardware Sales

Hmm... o_O

Is there any particular reason why overall sales suddenly dropped this time?

Everyone is saving now that they now the PS3 price :laugh:

Everyone is saving now that they now the PS3 price :laugh:

As funny as you may find it, there might be some truth to that. I don't think this can be related to people saving up for Playstation 3. Rather, the building anticipation of the new console (along with the Wii, of course) is probably driving the interest of current gen consoles down. I don't know how this applies to the handheld market though hehe..do you reckon there were shortage problems? Or maybe every Jap that wanted a DS already has one :p

Im wondering if New Super Mario Brothers will boost DSL and DS more in the coming weeks. I think it comes out the 30th in Japan.

Indeed it will.

Well Microsoft should forgot Japan IMHO.. japanese people are oriental culture and NEVER will support a foreigner product that themselves compete..

Nobody buys Chevrolet cars in Japan is you can get a Toyota.

Nobody buys RCA TV in Japan if you can get a TOSHIBA.

Nobody buys Ducatti is you can get HONDA.

Nobody buys PHILIPS if you can get Panasonic.

^^ Yeah, but Japan is a key market in the console industry, if Microsoft wants to win the console wars(wich I believe is their goal) they have to at least appease this market.

^^ Yeah, but Japan is a key market in the console industry, if Microsoft wants to win the console wars(wich I believe is their goal) they have to at least appease this market.

They should be there but I don't see why Japan is any more important than the N. America or Europe markets.

They should be there but I don't see why Japan is any more important than the N. America or Europe markets.

Yeah, but if your talking about why they get special packages and such its because they haven't won that part over so they are going to try different /cheaper/value packages. It wouldn't make sense to cater to markets where you are already enjoying success because it costs the company money.

They should jus let it leave be. And focus on getting more consoles in homes everywhere else. And then the Japanese will follow suit. Because developers will see the huge install base and will create games for the system for profit. Which in turn sells more consoles. They can also start to buy out all the Japanese companies and that will destroy competition.

Well Microsoft should forgot Japan IMHO.. japanese people are oriental culture and NEVER will support a foreigner product that themselves compete..

Nobody buys Chevrolet cars in Japan is you can get a Toyota.

Nobody buys RCA TV in Japan if you can get a TOSHIBA.

Nobody buys Ducatti is you can get HONDA.

Nobody buys PHILIPS if you can get Panasonic.

Only an idiot will choose Chevy over Toyota.

An idiot will choose RCA over Toshiba.

Dont know Ducati but IMO Honda is one of the top auto makers along with Toyota.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Philips going to install a chip to force commercials on us... Ya Panasonic is way better.

SO there you have it, If you own country produces better product, why on earth would you buy an inferior import ( now that would be stupid ).

Only an idiot will choose Chevy over Toyota.

An idiot will choose RCA over Toshiba.

Dont know Ducati but IMO Honda is one of the top auto makers along with Toyota.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Philips going to install a chip to force commercials on us... Ya Panasonic is way better.

SO there you have it, If you own country produces better product, why on earth would you buy an inferior import ( now that would be stupid ).

Honda over Ducatti?? Keep dreaming buddy.

^^ he probably didn't realise it is a motorcycle manufacturer so give him a break.

As for the 360 in Japan, i think they should definitely be trying to get into that market, its a very profitable one with gaming a very large industry not only in japan but the world. remember japan is the 2nd largest economy in the world, has a considerable population. since they have such a small user base there the opportunities are great if they can break into the market.

New Super Mario Brothers sold 480,000 or so copies in it's first day in Japan... expect DSLite to be still be on top by far this week ;D

May 22 - 28, 2006

Nintendo DS Lite - 285,025

PSP - 27,227

PS2 - 19,798

Game Boy Advance SP - 6,652

Nintendo DS - 4,126

Game Boy Micro - 2,013

X360 - 1,242

GameCube - 1,116

Game Boy Advance - 44

Xbox - 8

And for fun:

1. 899,518 - New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

2. 86,451 - Brain Training 2 (DS)

3. 62,616 - Brain Training (DS)

4. 48,342 - Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (PSP)

5. 46,809 - Tetris DS (DS)

6. 42,127 - Kimi Kiss (PS2)

7. 38,419 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 (PS2)

8. 37,222 - English Training (DS)

9. 36,610 - Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)

10. 32,742 - Powerful Pro Major League Baseball (PS2)

Oh wow. Almost a million NSMB in just 2 weeks!! :wacko: . Those DSL numbers are just crazy too. At this rate, evryone in Japan really will have a DS :p

i think they're just collecting ds's... "oh, in europe they get a black one!! black is different from my white,navy,pink,red and orange ds!! i n3333d this one too!!!" :p