Latest Japanese Hardware Sales

Japan:

[snip]

US:

[snip]

It's not updated to the latest months, but it's not like there was a huge surge in 360 sales, so you can extrapolate where the 360 is now.

Thanks for sharing those graphs, pretty interesting stuff. I think X360 sales will easily overcome original Xbox sales around September~November, especially when GoW releases. But yes, as many others have pointed out I think the main reason for its slow adoption is the "HD-price-tag" :p

Wow. Didnt they say they wanted to hit 10 million or something before PS3 hit the market?...

Yea it was "first to 10 million wins" as Mojo said and somewhere along the lines of ~3million before Sony ships.

Considering the massive shortage over the launch window (and beyond) and the fact that only 8 titles have been released since the beginning of May, the US numbers aren't too bad.

As far as how many consoles MS wants shipped by the PS3, it is actually 10 million. By the end of June, 5 million 360s had been shipped worldwide, so it'll take some heavy early holiday-buying action to reach their goal on time.

Yes that you talk out of your ass.

Wow, why do you post ? Its called being informed. Now whose talking out of whose ass. You are the most uninformed person I see in the console section, consider yourself on my ignore list.

yeah I think it was 10 milliion shipped before the ps3 releases. they always expected to reach their first fiscal year sales which was like 5 million, I think they were assuming selling about million consoles a month after that until Nov-December which I think the actual sales are pretty close to that estimate. remains to be seen if they actually hit that number before the ps3 hits more than likely they'll hit it at the end of the year after Christmas. I do agree with something that an Xbox VP said before about the 360 being in the best position price point and software wise. when you compare a 199wii,(299/399)360 to a 499/599 ps3, it does almost seem like the ps3 has priced itself out of competition. so as far as system horse power and bang for the buck the 360 does enter the holiday shopping season at a very good spot. That said, part of me is starting to lean toward Nintendo come out #1 their release. it's just something about the Wii that I think might make it easily sell 10 million consoles without a doubt especially in Japan where Xbox will probably continue to be weak unless they get some exclusive FF and dragon quest going. However it remains to be seen if people are willing to play radical gaming on the console side like they'll play on the portable side with the DS, they are 2 different types of gaming in my eyes.

Microsoft Corp. Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates today staked the claim that the Xbox 360? system will have 10 million-unit head startb> by the time the competition enters the market

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2...BriefingPR.mspx

There we go. Of course once PS3 and Wii launch, it'll be more like a 7-8 million lead, shipped.

Still not too bad either way.

It's not bad, but there's some missed opportunity there. They could gain a lot of ground if they cut the Premium to $299, but it doesn't appear that they will.

Wow, DSL didn't even make 100,000 for the week. What has the world come to?? :p

Relatively solid week for the PSP, I must say.

It's the lull before the ****ing FFIII typhoon this week. **** is going to be off the charts.

It's the lull before the ****ing FFIII typhoon this week. **** is going to be off the charts.

Yeah, but US$50 is a lot for a DS game.

I'm still going to get it though :)

August 21 - 27

DSL - 163,274

PSP - 29,945

PS2 - 21,829

GBASP - 2,719

GBM - 1,819

Xbox360 - 1,197

GCN - 837

NDS - 410

GBA - 14

Xbox - 12

And...

01 NDS FF3 - 503,051 / NEW

02 NDS NEW SMB - 65,556 / 2,901,264

03 NDS Rune Factory - 42,210 / NEW

04 NDS Brain Age 2 - 41,784 / 3,073,195

05 NDS Cooking Navi - 37,326 / 384,045

06 NDS Tamagotchi 2 - 30,504 /430,933

07 NDS Mario Basketball 3on3 - 30,355

08 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 30,023 / 3,149,131

09 NDS Brain Age - 22,866 / 2,736,150

10 NDS English Training - 17,465

Dominating! =O

how many people are in japan? is the goal of the DSL, to have everyone in japan with one :p

i mean its killing every thing every week. its not fair for the others :(

so much for the thread about the xbox 360 selling out in japan. As i said in that thread, the stock must have been low to begin with (and it might have sold out in ONE store). But selling a little over 1000 console isnt anything to be proud of.....

^ LOL. Well it's not like Microsoft sent out a press release about it. Wasn't it just a simple picture taken by an anonymous commenter on a blog or something?

it was but everyone made it sound like the xbox was selling as much as the ps2 or ds or something lol

it was but everyone made it sound like the xbox was selling as much as the ps2 or ds or something lol

Yeah, but maybe one day though, right? :)